Dark Humor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Dark Humor
I am a big fan of most dark humor, but I know there are some people that get incredibly offended by it. For those who don't know what dark humor is: it is usually jokes that are on taboo subjects. Examples would be dead babies, haiti, holocaust, spousal abuse, cancer, etc. Now I can't say I find all types of dark humor funny, but everyone's humor is a little different.

How do you feel about them? Do you ever find yourself morally against these types of jokes even though they are only made in jest? I don't mean when told at inappropriate times, but in an environment where jokes are shared and with people who share amongst others who like them.
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2010, 08:56 PM

RE: Dark Humor
A good example of Dark Humor:
[Image: Funny-ass-Haiti-Picture-e66d8b1d-0.jpg]

The only time I'm really not a fan (of any type) of joke is when it is dragged on too long..
Patton Oswalt has a "what do atheists say during sex" bit that is funny, at first, but he drags it on to the point where it just gets annoying.
29-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Greetings,

I am a retired teacher who cared deeply for my students. Events concerning a particular student could be so sad that the team I worked on used dark humor as a way to cope. If anybody heard us using dark humor they would have thought we were cruel, heartless teachers. On the contrary-it kept us from
crying.

You had to be there to understand the jokes otherwise I would write one in this post. We had children in wheelchairs, one arm missing, and emotional problems that evoked the type of humor that was very dark but darn funny.

I love adult cartoons that use dark humor.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2010, 07:07 AM

Honestly we've gotten so uptight we've lost all ability to laugh at ourselves. Even many people who will revel in Dark Humor subjects will flip out when said humor is directed their way. In general this world could really benefit from removing the the huge stick that's up our arse as of late! BTW love dark humor, but find very few occasions to use it.
29-09-2010, 07:35 AM

(29-09-2010 07:07 AM)Dregs Wrote:  Honestly we've gotten so uptight we've lost all ability to laugh at ourselves. Even many people who will revel in Dark Humor subjects will flip out when said humor is directed their way. In general this world could really benefit from removing the the huge stick that's up our arse as of late! BTW love dark humor, but find very few occasions to use it.

I HATE those people.. The way I see it, if you can't laugh at yourself (or deal with laughter directed at you) than you should not be making fun of others..
At this point I can't even count the number of times of made fun of myself.
29-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I always found dark humor offensive. I actually had a relative who was killed in the holocaust........... His rifle backfired when he was shooting jews.

And a relative who died on 9/11........
He slit his throat with a stanley knife trying to hijack a plane

*Dudun PSH!*

(Seriously though, a great uncle of mine was a German who guarded death camps and was killed on duty and I had two cousins in the North tower)

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2010, 12:03 AM
My position on dark humor is that it is okay when you share it in a closed circle and everyone understands that it is dark and takes it in context. These people need to like dark humor, also. When it gets told to people don't like dark humor, or who can't or won't take it in context, that is when it ceases to be okay. I am very careful who I share dark humor with. I am open to it. I do take care to watch to see if someone who relates this kind of humor is taking it in a non-serious context or not. If they are taking it literally, or too seriously, I will not share with them any dark humor. I won't stop them from sharing with me, I just won't share with them. I don't want any of my actions to indirectly and negatively affect someone else.
Find all posts by this user