Dark Souls DLC Controversy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Dark Souls DLC Controversy
Is anyone else here a Demon Souls or Dark Souls fan?

I personally, do not play the games. Found them both very slow and really Boring! However, my husband really got into them. Turns out that they are releasing the game Dark Souls for the computer and also giving computer customers extra content. However, they are not going to likely do the same for loyal gamers who have played both Dark Souls and Demon Souls on their original consoles. Thus making any of their continuing fans have to purchase the computer game just to get the bonus content.

This company who makes these games...were ones that had a slogan that stated something along the lines of them delivering...well, turns out...they have failed in that department.

Anyone else rather upset by this? Anyone else willing to sign the Petition?

More information:

http://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-dlc-petition

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: Dark Souls DLC Controversy
A couple I was in a relationship with the guy was huge on demon souls, I'm surprised the company made that move. Never tried the game myself. You almost have to expect a few additional things for the Pc releases since that's the only way PC games really sell.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
25-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm going to kill them.....all of them.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
26-04-2012, 02:10 AM
This happens all the time!
In rare cases they can argue that solething just works on a PC that doesn't work on a console. But usually it's not the case.
There's also 'day-one dlc' which means everything's already on the disc, but extra has to be paid to unlock it for play.

It's actually the same as the music industry.
You buy a CD, but if you want to put that music on your iPod, you have to buy that music in a store like iTunes too.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 2 users Like Caveman's post
27-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. The only thing that irritates me here is this company or game franchise was well reputed for its treatment of fans. Do not get me wrong, I know that computer games need a lot of pushing and advertising to get sold. I have a few, though not many.

At the same time, if one does some research on the new Dark Souls for the computer, it too is not exactly their best quality merchandise.

Guess what it boils down to is that not everyone can afford to get a brand new game for every console. Especially if it is basically the same game played on a previous console with just a little extra content. Do not really think or feel it is too much for the loyal gamers to ask for the DLC on their consoles. Especially considering the times.

Just my two cents. Really appreciate the insight received here though. You are perhaps the first I have seen who have had a mature response to it even if you are not in favor of the petition.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  why are there no dark fairie typye pokemone kunoxian drive 25 237 06-08-2014 09:45 PM
Last Post: JDog554
  Game similar or like Dark souls and Elder scrolls. Metazoa Zeke 27 292 02-07-2014 12:08 PM
Last Post: Vosur
  Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Vosur 7 133 23-03-2014 08:09 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Dark Souls Sam 10 430 20-03-2014 01:51 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Dark Souls ... Vosur 8 437 19-09-2012 04:33 AM
Last Post: Hughsie
  Amnesia: The Dark Descent ebilekittae 6 1,252 25-04-2011 08:19 PM
Last Post: ashley.hunt60