Dark ages death toll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Dark ages death toll
Methodology, man. You wanna publish, you're gonna have to outline your methodology better.

First, how to estimate the degree to which Christianity was responsible for slowing progress, and in what fields, and to what extent, and over what time periods. You've also got to define what 'premature' death is. And there are greyer cases - does a lower fertility rate count as (potential) lives lost?

Then, I suppose, you could begin considering the effect of lower mortality and greater longevity due advancing knowledge, if certain trends had begun earlier. But, then, you can't just assume continued exponential growth to the present day - in many developed countries today population growth has dropped almost to (or past) the negative mark.

Good luck, though!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I was really hypothesizing based on the rapid growth of knowledge during the end of the roman era. It seemed remarkably similar to the of the resonance!
15-05-2013, 09:28 PM
(14-05-2013 04:04 PM)Joebennett Wrote:  I was really hypothesizing based on the rapid growth of knowledge during the end of the roman era. It seemed remarkably similar to the of the resonance!

Did you mean Renaissance?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce