Darwin Awards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Darwin Awards
After reading this bit of news today it just seemed like an oversight that this forum didn't already have this thread.

Beaver Kills Man in Belarus

"The fisherman, who has not been named at the request of his family, was driving with friends toward the Shestakovskoye lake, west of the capital, Minsk, when he spotted the beaver along the side of the road and stopped the car. As he tried to grab the animal, it bit him several times. One of the bites hit a major artery in the leg, according to Sulim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/29...d&ir=World

When I take SCUBA divers on guided tours I always say
"Don't touch anything because ususally one of two things will happen...you hurt it or it hurts you".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
29-05-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: Darwin Awards
(29-05-2013 11:30 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  After reading this bit of news today it just seemed like an oversight that this forum didn't already have this thread.

"The fisherman, who has not been named at the request of his family, was driving with friends toward the Shestakovskoye lake, west of the capital, Minsk, when he spotted the beaver along the side of the road and stopped the car. As he tried to grab the animal, it bit him several times. One of the bites hit a major artery in the leg, according to Sulim.

"Don't touch anything because ususally one of two things will happen...you hurt it or it hurts you".

YES.

There SHOULD be a "Darwin Awards" thread. Great idea.

I used to have a book called that, and I let my friend borrow it... I haven't seen it in years Dodgy

I'll come back later with something more relevant to contribute.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
29-05-2013, 11:55 AM
WTF?

Double post.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
29-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Beavers are vicious. For anyone who is squeamish about mice or rats, a beaver is just an overgrown one of those. When I go rafting I'm terrified of them, ha ha.

Definite Darwin Award here!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
29-05-2013, 02:17 PM
(29-05-2013 11:30 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  After reading this bit of news today it just seemed like an oversight that this forum didn't already have this thread.

It's not quite as funny as with when hippies try to pet lions or a polar bear in a zoo, but......they're called wild for a reason, people.

Mess with a motherfucker's dam and the shit be on.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
29-05-2013, 02:25 PM
(29-05-2013 02:17 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  

It's not quite as funny as with when hippies try to pet lions or a polar bear in a zoo, but......they're called wild for a reason, people.

Mess with a motherfucker's dam and the shit be on.

29-05-2013, 02:32 PM
That's a bit different, LJ. The cat and the woman knew each other. I'm thinking of a story from the Anchorage zoo, there a few hippies jumped the fence into Binky the polar bear's enclosure to converse with their animal brother.

Binky was none too amused, and bit both of them.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

29-05-2013, 02:36 PM
(29-05-2013 02:12 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Beavers are vicious. For anyone who is squeamish about mice or rats, a beaver is just an overgrown one of those. When I go rafting I'm terrified of them, ha ha.

Definite Darwin Award here!

There's a creek that runs behind our home. One day we saw Oregon fish and game out there. They trapped a family of beavers and relocated them before someone got hurt.

I was kinda bummed I didn't see them (not that I would have gone down there anyway...the ground is way too muddy and there was tons of Himalayan blackberry and poison oak).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-05-2013, 02:39 PM
And even the the tamest big cats can go nuts.

Remember Manticore?

Which reminds me of an old joke

Guess who knows what Roy Horne Tastes like? Siegfried and Manticore.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

29-05-2013, 05:32 PM
(29-05-2013 02:32 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  That's a bit different, LJ. The cat and the woman knew each other. I'm thinking of a story from the Anchorage zoo, there a few hippies jumped the fence into Binky the polar bear's enclosure to converse with their animal brother.

Binky was none too amused, and bit both of them.

I know, ha ha. I just love a good lion hug.

I am probably going to have dreams of ravenous bears and not lions skipping through fields of daisies now, though. Dodgy

I love how at the end of the video the lady says after she prayed the bear dropped her. Ha ha. God's all, "Say it! Say it or you'll go down!" So loving and everything. Angel
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post