Darwin Awards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: Darwin Awards
(29-05-2013 05:32 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  dreams of ravenous bears

Yup. It happened. I was in the backyard of my childhood and my dad had a pick shovel to keep a pet bear under control and he was talking about how the behaviour of the bear was improving. I had to sneak the cat back in the house before the bear saw and would be triggered to turn on us all.

Love my bear dreams <3 Such a regular part of life now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 09:05 AM
(30-05-2013 11:55 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 05:32 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  dreams of ravenous bears

Yup. It happened. I was in the backyard of my childhood and my dad had a pick shovel to keep a pet bear under control and he was talking about how the behaviour of the bear was improving. I had to sneak the cat back in the house before the bear saw and would be triggered to turn on us all.

This reminded me of this video Big Grin I laugh every time I see it.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
31-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Ha ha! My cat used to do that to the dear and moose in our yard.

Oh the good ol' fight or flight response. Such a 50/50. Smile
31-05-2013, 12:22 PM
(31-05-2013 09:05 AM)Peanut Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 11:55 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yup. It happened. I was in the backyard of my childhood and my dad had a pick shovel to keep a pet bear under control and he was talking about how the behaviour of the bear was improving. I had to sneak the cat back in the house before the bear saw and would be triggered to turn on us all.

Cat says "I ain't taking yo shit no mo!"

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
31-05-2013, 01:06 PM
(31-05-2013 12:22 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(31-05-2013 09:05 AM)Peanut Wrote:  

Cat says "I ain't taking yo shit no mo!"

I love it because it's not like the cat accidentally scared the bear by just happening to stumble outta the bush.

Cat chased the bear!

Laughat

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
31-05-2013, 04:03 PM
(29-05-2013 11:30 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  After reading this bit of news today it just seemed like an oversight that this forum didn't already have this thread.

Beaver Kills Man in Belarus

"The fisherman, who has not been named at the request of his family, was driving with friends toward the Shestakovskoye lake, west of the capital, Minsk, when he spotted the beaver along the side of the road and stopped the car. As he tried to grab the animal, it bit him several times. One of the bites hit a major artery in the leg, according to Sulim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/29...d&ir=World

When I take SCUBA divers on guided tours I always say
"Don't touch anything because ususally one of two things will happen...you hurt it or it hurts you".

The title is what irritates me. "Beaver Kills Fisherman In Belarus; Wildlife Experts Blame Aggressive Behavior For Upsurge In Attacks. "

uh no. The beaver killed the guy because the idiot tried to grab the beaver, and it defended itself by biting him. That is why the beaver being aggressive. The guy tried to freakin' grab a wild animal so he could get his picture with it.
[+] 1 user Likes slydog's post
02-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Do keep in mind, folks, that this was entirely intentional. Calculated, and intentional.

These young gentlemen are our future. And you wonder why Miso doesn't want to live to see it. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
(02-06-2013 12:35 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Do keep in mind, folks, that this was entirely intentional. Calculated, and intentional.
These young gentlemen are our future. And you wonder why Miso doesn't want to live to see it. Dodgy

Ohmy

Oh, I wonder no such thing.

But I do thank you Miso; this is justification of why I'm relieved I have no offspring. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-06-2013, 01:46 PM
No Comment

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 03:22 PM by Peanut.)
[Image: 1283823334_1367537432.jpg]

"A Thousand Ways to Die" always has "Darwin Award nominees" in the show. I will find some and share the stupidity Drinking Beverage

EDIT: Never mind. Just Google the show. You'll be entertained for hours Big Grin (Morbidly entertained, I guess, but who's judging? Not ME.)

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post