Darwin Awards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 11:46 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: Darwin Awards
I'm really torn about this one as these guys were doing valuable scientific research and I wouldn't be one bit surprised to be called callous for making this post. I assure you I'm not making fun of them here, just pointing out the obvious. If you intentionally try to get in the way of a tornado, for whatever the reason, you have to know that this is a potential outcome.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...w-weather/

I suppose that anyone that chases tornadoes, climbs mountains, dives in the ocean or participates in any extreme sport or dangerous activity has know in the back of their minds that it could all end tragically.

The whole thing saddens me.

Some of his work:
http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/...-has-died/

Their site: http://twistex.org/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Iffy since the guy didn’t light the fire himself but nontheless here it is

Intruder dies in California chimney after homeowner lights fire

Sunday, November 29, 2015 REUTERS
(Reuters) – A suspected burglar who attempted to enter a California home through the chimney died on Saturday after the homeowner lit a fire without realizing anyone was inside, police said.

The man appeared to have climbed into the chimney during the night while the owner was away and then became stuck, according to the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office.

After the owner of the home in Huron lit a fire in his fireplace Saturday afternoon, he heard a man yelling inside the chimney as the house filled with smoke, the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

The homeowner tried to extinguish the flames, but firefighters who dismantled the chimney during a rescue effort found the suspect dead inside, the sheriff’s office said.

The deceased man’s identity and cause of death have not been determined, Lieutenant Brandon Pursell of the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office said by phone on Sunday.

(Reporting by Colleen Jenkins; Editing by Chris Reese)

© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015.

http://newsdaily.com/2015/11/intruder-di...ghts-fire/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-11-2015, 06:00 PM
2-3 YA, a local guy (~25 miles from me) tried that stunt and died. His family reported him missing, but once the stench began, they figured it out.
29-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Vicious beaver?

Sound perilous.

I can handle the peril..

[Image: anthrax3.jpg]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-11-2015, 07:44 PM
(29-11-2015 05:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Iffy since the guy didn’t light the fire himself but nontheless here it is

Intruder dies in California chimney after homeowner lights fire

Sunday, November 29, 2015 REUTERS
(Reuters) – A suspected burglar who attempted to enter a California home through the chimney died on Saturday after the homeowner lit a fire without realizing anyone was inside, police said.

The man appeared to have climbed into the chimney during the night while the owner was away and then became stuck, according to the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office.

After the owner of the home in Huron lit a fire in his fireplace Saturday afternoon, he heard a man yelling inside the chimney as the house filled with smoke, the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

The homeowner tried to extinguish the flames, but firefighters who dismantled the chimney during a rescue effort found the suspect dead inside, the sheriff’s office said.

The deceased man’s identity and cause of death have not been determined, Lieutenant Brandon Pursell of the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office said by phone on Sunday.

(Reporting by Colleen Jenkins; Editing by Chris Reese)

© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015.

http://newsdaily.com/2015/11/intruder-di...ghts-fire/

Also reminds me of an Twilight Zone episode, "To Serve Man"- "Mr Chambers, it's a cook book!". Smoked burglar. ew.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-10-2016, 01:34 PM
I could have easily put this one in the Florida Y U So Stupid thread...still might Consider I guess I could be scolded for spamming if I did, seems worth it though. Big Grin

Florida man dies in meth-lab explosion after lighting farts on fire

"GAINESVILLE, FL – A 37-year-old man is dead after his trailer home was destroyed in a meth-lab explosion, caused by him lighting up ‘blue angels’ to amuse his wife.

The man’s wife was found lying naked on the couple’s front yard, reportedly still laughing. “A Blue Angel is when you put a lighter up to your butt and fart on it, making it catch on fire. It’s funny as shit,” explains the mans wife, who claims to be an expert on the subject. “Normally we go to Del Taco because of their $0.59 tacos, but we made some extra cash this week so we went to Chipotle. The farts you get from there could fill a gas chamber. I know he’s looking up from hell laughing his ass off saying it was worth it,” she says smiling through blackened teeth, apparently not caused by the fire.

The woman plans on suing Chipotle, which failed to address their peppers causing a higher rate of methane in human farts. She offered a statement, “I’m not mad about my husband dying, I just got my eyebrows did and now they’re gone.” Chipotle Mexican Grill has yet to respond.”

Anthony when he was still with us...RIP.

[Image: 4JArq3u.gif?zoom=2][Image: eDzIArf.gif?zoom=2]
[Image: anthony.png]
https://thevalleyreport.com/2016/02/13/f...s-on-fire/

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-10-2016, 01:42 PM
(28-10-2016 01:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I could have easily put this one in the Florida Y U So Stupid thread...still might Consider I guess I could be scolded for spamming if I did, seems worth it though. Big Grin

Florida man dies in meth-lab explosion after lighting farts on fire

"GAINESVILLE, FL – A 37-year-old man is dead after his trailer home was destroyed in a meth-lab explosion, caused by him lighting up ‘blue angels’ to amuse his wife.

The man’s wife was found lying naked on the couple’s front yard, reportedly still laughing. “A Blue Angel is when you put a lighter up to your butt and fart on it, making it catch on fire. It’s funny as shit,” explains the mans wife, who claims to be an expert on the subject. “Normally we go to Del Taco because of their $0.59 tacos, but we made some extra cash this week so we went to Chipotle. The farts you get from there could fill a gas chamber. I know he’s looking up from hell laughing his ass off saying it was worth it,” she says smiling through blackened teeth, apparently not caused by the fire.

The woman plans on suing Chipotle, which failed to address their peppers causing a higher rate of methane in human farts. She offered a statement, “I’m not mad about my husband dying, I just got my eyebrows did and now they’re gone.” Chipotle Mexican Grill has yet to respond.”

Anthony when he was still with us...RIP.

[Image: 4JArq3u.gif?zoom=2][Image: eDzIArf.gif?zoom=2]
[Image: anthony.png]
https://thevalleyreport.com/2016/02/13/f...s-on-fire/

Such a shame. He really seemed like he had his shit together.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
28-10-2016, 01:55 PM
So let me get this straight: she's going to sue Chipotle because it's not safe to light your farts after eating their food? I would love to witness that trial (although I doubt it would ever go to trial).

Laugh out load
28-10-2016, 02:00 PM
(28-10-2016 01:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  Such a shame. He really seemed like he had his shit together.

He was a real ball of fire.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-10-2016, 02:04 PM
(29-11-2015 06:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Vicious beaver?

Sound perilous.

I can handle the peril..

[Image: anthrax3.jpg]

Oh, no, not the oral sex again...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.