Darwin Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
RE: Darwin Day
(12-02-2011 01:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My point was, It's "casual" since I don't take it very seriously. Nor do I take many other "holidays" seriously. If you have something to celebrate, celebrate it every day!!

If you ever look up all the mundane things that Congress declares a day for it would boggle the mind, literally!

Like I said, I think Stark was trying to stick up for science, with a strong nod toward nontheism in a House now dominated by Christian right wingers. - Sorry if I missed the thread in the Casual room, but there was a political side to this Undecided

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2011, 08:10 PM
RE: Darwin Day
What I missed all throughout public schools was percents and radicals. I always changed schools during the time this would be learned and then subsequently skipped it. My paragraph did suggest it as a reason. There's just a lot of scientific information you don't really get in a public school.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply