Darwin's "Downfall"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 10:15 AM
RE: Darwin's "Downfall"?
(19-09-2016 11:28 AM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  It was the part where he tried to disregard Radiometric dating by pointing out times where it was wrong...

Just because one specific claim—of many—about something is wrong doesn't automatically make every other claim about it wrong. This type of ploy is often used by apologists when they're confronted with indisputable facts about the natural world.

Quote: ...as well as his argument for the flood, I think he mentioned something about the hydroplate theory, in which water erupted from the "fountains of the deep" (Genesis 7:11), some have even tried to bolster this argument by saying that there's a massive body of water below the Earth's crust which was discovered in 2014.

Hydroplate theory [sic] was first proposed in 1980 by Walter T. Brown—a prominent creationist wingnut and holder of a PhD in mechanical engineering. He also wrote a book which makes for some amusing reading titled "In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood".

According to Brown, before the Flood, the Earth's crust floated on a ¾-mile thick layer of water, above the mantle. Walls(?) and tendrils(?) connected the mantle and crust, allowing the internal and outer reaches of the planet to rotate on its axis at the same speed.

[Image: hydroplateoverview-rupture_phase.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2016, 12:47 AM
(21-09-2016 10:15 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 11:28 AM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  It was the part where he tried to disregard Radiometric dating by pointing out times where it was wrong...

Just because one specific claim—of many—about something is wrong doesn't automatically make every other claim about it wrong. This type of ploy is often used by apologists when they're confronted with indisputable facts about the natural world.

Quote: ...as well as his argument for the flood, I think he mentioned something about the hydroplate theory, in which water erupted from the "fountains of the deep" (Genesis 7:11), some have even tried to bolster this argument by saying that there's a massive body of water below the Earth's crust which was discovered in 2014.

Hydroplate theory [sic] was first proposed in 1980 by Walter T. Brown—a prominent creationist wingnut and holder of a PhD in mechanical engineering. He also wrote a book which makes for some amusing reading titled "In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood".

According to Brown, before the Flood, the Earth's crust floated on a ¾-mile thick layer of water, above the mantle. Walls(?) and tendrils(?) connected the mantle and crust, allowing the internal and outer reaches of the planet to rotate on its axis at the same speed.

The kicker is, that still doesn't explain what happened to the water afterwords. We'd need something like 4.3 times the amount of water currently on the planet in order to cover the tip of Mt. Everest and the rest of the world in water. Hiding it all under the crust doesn't explain where it all receded to, because it's certainly not there now.

I don't even know why they bother. Once you accept 'magic' as a possible explanation, all probability and rationality flies right out the fucking window. If a god can just magic away the flood water, why do you need to create a 'plausible' explanation for the existence of the water pre-flood?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-09-2016, 01:31 AM
(19-09-2016 07:35 AM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  This individual who calls himself Keith Truth has made a recent documentary in which he illustrates the "downfall" of Evolution (you can watch the whole documentary if you choose, or click on the numbers in the description of the video to jump to his arguments)

https://youtu.be/7IHO-QkmomY

He shows "evidence" Against Macro-evolution: 05:25 - 31:07, he tries to show Alleged Evidence for Macro-evolution: 31:08 - 01:08:06, and proof for the age of the Earth and the flood The Age of the Earth and the Flood: 01:08:07 - 01:24:28

The final segment of the documentary is typical "evolution teaches that we're animals" and stuff like that.

I don't know, some of these arguments seem like the typical PRATT arguments used by creationists. However, there were some arguments that he made about the flood which I thought might be interesting.

But in all regard, why does Keith even bother? He's a Christian who doesn't believe in free-will, and that all people can only do what the God figure predestined them to do. In fact, I've asked him this many times, and I think he might have blocked me.

Why did you waste your precious time on earth watching such idiocy?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-09-2016, 01:35 AM
(22-09-2016 12:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 10:15 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Just because one specific claim—of many—about something is wrong doesn't automatically make every other claim about it wrong. This type of ploy is often used by apologists when they're confronted with indisputable facts about the natural world.

The kicker is, that still doesn't explain what happened to the water afterwords. We'd need something like 4.3 times the amount of water currently on the planet in order to cover the tip of Mt. Everest and the rest of the world in water. Hiding it all under the crust doesn't explain where it all receded to, because it's certainly not there now.

I don't even know why they bother. Once you accept 'magic' as a possible explanation, all probability and rationality flies right out the fucking window. If a god can just magic away the flood water, why do you need to create a 'plausible' explanation for the existence of the water pre-flood?

There was one explanation that it escaped Earth.... somehow... the crystal firmament and its windows no longer posing an obstacle... somehow.... and ended up as comets and icy worlds such as Europa.

So, some nebulous flavor of evaporation. God works in misterious ways.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
22-09-2016, 01:41 AM
(22-09-2016 01:35 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 12:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The kicker is, that still doesn't explain what happened to the water afterwords. We'd need something like 4.3 times the amount of water currently on the planet in order to cover the tip of Mt. Everest and the rest of the world in water. Hiding it all under the crust doesn't explain where it all receded to, because it's certainly not there now.

There was one explanation that it escaped Earth.... somehow... the crystal firmament and its windows no longer posing an obstacle... somehow.... and ended up as comets and icy worlds such as Europa.

There is NO firmament you utter dolt. Just space with lots and lots of rocks floating about.

You are on the internet. Such complete ignorance is shameful, lazy, bereft of interest and stocked with foolishness.

Read this.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
22-09-2016, 01:44 AM
Sept. 16, 2016
Hubble Finds a Lenticular Galaxy Standing Out in the Crowd
Hubble image of outskirts and core of PGC 83677
Credits: NASA/ESA/Hubble; acknowledgements: Judy Schmidt (Geckzilla)
A lone source shines out brightly from the dark expanse of deep space, glowing softly against a picturesque backdrop of distant stars and colorful galaxies.

Captured by the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope’s Advanced Camera for Surveys (ACS), this scene shows PGC 83677, a lenticular galaxy — a galaxy type that sits between the more familiar elliptical and spiral varieties.

It reveals both the relatively calm outskirts and intriguing core of PGC 83677. Here, studies have uncovered signs of a monstrous black hole that is spewing out high-energy X-rays and ultraviolet light.

Text credit: ESA (European Space Agency)
Last Updated: Sept. 16, 2016
Editor: Rob Garner

[Image: potw1637a.jpg?itok=OG7G0NAe]

Banjo.
22-09-2016, 02:16 AM
(22-09-2016 01:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 01:35 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  There was one explanation that it escaped Earth.... somehow... the crystal firmament and its windows no longer posing an obstacle... somehow.... and ended up as comets and icy worlds such as Europa.

There is NO firmament you utter dolt. Just space with lots and lots of rocks floating about.

You are on the internet. Such complete ignorance is shameful, lazy, bereft of interest and stocked with foolishness.

Read this.

Ease up there. I was just relaying Creationist crazy, definitely not endorsing it or believing it. Mostly going for a couple of bad puns you obviously mist.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
22-09-2016, 02:36 AM
(22-09-2016 01:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 01:35 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  There was one explanation that it escaped Earth.... somehow... the crystal firmament and its windows no longer posing an obstacle... somehow.... and ended up as comets and icy worlds such as Europa.

Read this.

Banjo, re-calibrate your sarcasm detector. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-09-2016, 03:02 AM
This is the Ancient Hebrew concept of the universe and the one described in Genesis. In other words this is what creationists are using as the basis for their interpretation of our world and its place in the universe.

[Image: 29585827942_773d208c4e_z.jpg]

Spot their problem?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
22-09-2016, 03:04 AM
My bad. Brain still in a flux. Obviously.

Banjo.