Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2015 02:13 PM by ghostexorcist.)
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(27-02-2015 10:24 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Nice write up. I've read up on middle eastern ship building, and a lot of the wood for the various dhows active in the Indian Ocean had to be imported from India.

Just in case anyone is interested, I got the information from Classic Ships of Islam: From Mesopotamia to the Indian Ocean (2007). It's overly expensive, but worth the money if you are interested in the subject. Luckily, a pdf is available online:

http://cnqzu.com/library/To%20Organize/B...istik_.pdf

Edit: The link doesn't seem to be working, yet I can access the PDF via google. Just search "Classic Ships of Islam PDF". It should be the first page.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Common Ground: Creationism is a joke.

[Image: science-dinosaurs-extinct-mass_extinctio...27_low.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
27-02-2015, 06:00 PM
(27-02-2015 10:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 10:24 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Nice write up. I've read up on middle eastern ship building, and a lot of the wood for the various dhows active in the Indian Ocean had to be imported from India.

You guys keep forgetting that gopher wood is magic. That explains everything.

Yeah theres no point throwing logic into the mix.

For each wall of reason you build... There's a big cannonball heading its way with the word MAGIC written on it.

Its like the worst game of Top Trumps you've ever played.. Whatever card you play, they always trump it with GODDIDIT.
02-03-2015, 03:08 PM
(27-02-2015 11:13 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Q - you officially get the uber gold medal for mental gymnastics! Are you actually proposing the rain water described in the bible story rapidly became frozen due to a rapid tilt in the earth's axis? I know you whine about name calling, but you are an idiot! Nothing else to say about this.

You are a weasel for trying to relate known and well understood facts on how ice ages and glaciers have shaped the surface terrain in places, with the bible rain/flood fable. You are one of many dishonest and evading weasels that have made this pathetic attempt to wish something so bad to be true, and then lie to all, including themselves.

Stop making shit up!

It sounds like you are unaware of theories about the poles. Animals stand erect now, frozen, chewing food, even mating.

However, discussing the polar ice caps, which scientists say existed prior to as well as after the ice ages, has only a tangential relationship to my point--that the geologic evidence for slow-moving ice sheets is pretty much the same evidence that can be used to talk about a flood(s) and receding water, silt, etc.

We have a common ground to discuss but I don't feel regarding this particular thread that TTA cares to discuss any facts.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
02-03-2015, 03:13 PM
(02-03-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 11:13 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Q - you officially get the uber gold medal for mental gymnastics! Are you actually proposing the rain water described in the bible story rapidly became frozen due to a rapid tilt in the earth's axis? I know you whine about name calling, but you are an idiot! Nothing else to say about this.

You are a weasel for trying to relate known and well understood facts on how ice ages and glaciers have shaped the surface terrain in places, with the bible rain/flood fable. You are one of many dishonest and evading weasels that have made this pathetic attempt to wish something so bad to be true, and then lie to all, including themselves.

Stop making shit up!

It sounds like you are unaware of theories about the poles. Animals stand erect now, frozen, chewing food, even mating.

However, discussing the polar ice caps, which scientists say existed prior to as well as after the ice ages, has only a tangential relationship to my point--that the geologic evidence for slow-moving ice sheets is pretty much the same evidence that can be used to talk about a flood(s) and receding water, silt, etc.

We have a common ground to discuss but I don't feel regarding this particular thread that TTA cares to discuss any facts.

FAIL! Myth said it rained for 40 days and flooded the earth - you have a focusing problem?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
02-03-2015, 05:19 PM
(02-03-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

Stop making shit up!

No and no. The effects of ice sheets and the effects of floods are very different.

Your ignorance and dishonesty are astounding.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
(02-03-2015 05:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It sounds like you are unaware of theories about the poles. Animals stand erect now, frozen, chewing food, even mating.

No and no. The effects of ice sheets and the effects of floods are very different.

Your ignorance and dishonesty are astounding.

It's hard to understand exactly what Q is getting at sometimes, but I believe his claim in this case is that the melting of the ice sheets caused the "Great Flood" (or at least contributed to it). Alas, the recession and melting of the continental glaciers was much too slow and gradual to cause anything like the flood described in the Bible -- not to mention that it explicitly talks about 40 days of rain and says nothing about ice.
02-03-2015, 05:30 PM
(02-03-2015 03:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It sounds like you are unaware of theories about the poles. Animals stand erect now, frozen, chewing food, even mating.

ABSOLUTE Bullshit.

The ONLY way you could have two animals frozen to death in coitus - would be if you dipped them in liquid nitrogen while they were distracted. Air simply does not conduct heat (only heat conducts, not cold) fast enough to freeze any animal in anything less than minutes -- not seconds.

You've been watching too many Hollyweird movies champ.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-03-2015, 05:36 PM
(02-03-2015 05:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

ABSOLUTE Bullshit.

The ONLY way you could have two animals frozen to death in coitus - would be if you dipped them in liquid nitrogen while they were distracted. Air simply does not conduct heat (only heat conducts, not cold) fast enough to freeze any animal in anything less than minutes -- not seconds.

You've been watching too many Hollyweird movies champ.....

Well, see, the sex was so hot and heavy that they both died from heart attacks (or from sheer excess of ecstasy) -- and then they gradually froze.

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
02-03-2015, 05:44 PM

Citation required.

Quote:However, discussing the polar ice caps, which scientists say existed prior to as well as after the ice ages, has only a tangential relationship to my point--that the geologic evidence for slow-moving ice sheets is pretty much the same evidence that can be used to talk about a flood(s) and receding water, silt, etc.

Citation required.

Quote:We have a common ground to discuss but I don't feel regarding this particular thread that TTA cares to discuss any facts.

The only one without facts is you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post