Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(04-03-2015 03:23 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(20-02-2015 08:29 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Since god is imaginary, it would stand to reason that it was an imaginary flood. That's why there is no real evidence of a global flood.

Right no real evidence only the accounts of every single culture ever and yeah god doesn't exist there is no chance of that at all the seas and trees and everything are just happen stance.

Blink

Unsure

Facepalm

[Image: 15po0gw.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2015, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 06:49 PM by TheInquisition.)
Goodwithoutgod's post lists a lot of the evidence against this fairytale, here's an extensive breakdown of this:

The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark

It's an impressive list of the show-stoppers for this myth, it still doesn't cover everything such as the heat from oceanic crust basalts- it would have boiled the ocean from such an intense geological displacement. Game over man, game over! Noah and all of the animals would have been cooked like a steam-boiled lobster!

This is actually sad Q, that a grown man actually believes this fairytale. I dare you to actually and seriously question this fairytale, look at ACTUAL science and not apologetic excuses to glaze over it.
It doesn't have to be this difficult, it's simply a plagiarized myth, the entire book of Genesis is a plagiarized myth.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-03-2015, 04:31 PM
(04-03-2015 04:26 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Goodwithoutgod's post lists a lot of the evidence against this fairytale, here's an extensive breakdown of this:

The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark

It's an impressive list of the show-stoppers for this myth, it still doesn't cover everything such as the heat from oceanic crust basalts- it would have boiled the ocean from such an intense displacement. Game over man, game over! Noah and all of the animals would have been cooked like a steam-boiled lobster!

This is actually sad Q, that a grown man actually believes this fairytale. I dare you to actually and seriously question this fairytale, look at ACTUAL science and not apologetic excuses to glaze over it.
It doesn't have to be this difficult, it's simply a plagiarized myth, the entire book of Genesis is a plagiarized myth.

Wow, this is an epic find, I copied the link into my files...makes my assertions look infantile Smile

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
05-03-2015, 09:12 AM
There has been some goalpost shifting in the last few posts. I will try to keep us on track:

1. Can we talk about the ark and the animals it might or might not have carried after we have discussed ice age/flood evidence? Since it's been admitted that numerous cultures have flood stories, we can come back to debating the Noah story after if you still with to do so later...

2. Again there is "look at the snowfalls in the last 20,000 years..." when I never said the Noah flood occurred in the last 20,000 years... we all know science and that we can find cave paintings, agronomy and etc. going back that far... so let's keep on track of ice age/water and not post straw men, please... I'm not saying "straw men" to win some debate, I'm saying straw men because I'm going to give TTA every chance to discuss the scientific evidence before going back to my church with "Yep, the atheists have rhetoric, not facts..." I'm a chance to influence a lot of Christians through my preaching and teaching, and I will recant on the Flood or whatever if we find something different in the evidence.

3. And now the question... how do scientists determine the levels of ancient snowfalls--at temperate zones or further from the poles where there is no permafrost to be sampled and measured?

Thanks...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2015, 10:37 AM
(05-03-2015 09:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There has been some goalpost shifting in the last few posts. I will try to keep us on track:

1. Can we talk about the ark and the animals it might or might not have carried after we have discussed ice age/flood evidence? Since it's been admitted that numerous cultures have flood stories, we can come back to debating the Noah story after if you still with to do so later...

2. Again there is "look at the snowfalls in the last 20,000 years..." when I never said the Noah flood occurred in the last 20,000 years... we all know science and that we can find cave paintings, agronomy and etc. going back that far... so let's keep on track of ice age/water and not post straw men, please... I'm not saying "straw men" to win some debate, I'm saying straw men because I'm going to give TTA every chance to discuss the scientific evidence before going back to my church with "Yep, the atheists have rhetoric, not facts..." I'm a chance to influence a lot of Christians through my preaching and teaching, and I will recant on the Flood or whatever if we find something different in the evidence.

3. And now the question... how do scientists determine the levels of ancient snowfalls--at temperate zones or further from the poles where there is no permafrost to be sampled and measured?

Thanks...

It's pointless to point out the science to you, your mind is totally in the chains of your false hermeneutics, I just showed you data of no anomalous weather for the past 20,000 years and then you shift the date back to before that. You are a dishonest person who's intellect has been hijacked by your false hermeneutics.
But now you're going to assert that Noah built this nautical impossibility over 20,000 years ago!

Does it matter that nautical engineers say this is an impossible task? No

Does it matter that data shows nothing super-catastrophic occurred in the last 20,000 years? No

Does it matter that if you compress half a billion years of plate tectonics into a year that the oceans would boil? No

Does it matter that the atmosphere would become unbreathable with that much moisture in it, or it couldn't possibly store a fraction of the rain necessary? No

Does it matter Greenland wouldn't even exist as we know it today? No

Does it matter that this is a plagiarized story from Babylon/Sumeria? No

Do the facts matter? Not in Q's delusional world.

All you'll do is make a fantasy land of the imagination to prop up your false beliefs.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
05-03-2015, 11:09 AM
(05-03-2015 10:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 09:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There has been some goalpost shifting in the last few posts. I will try to keep us on track:

Thanks...

It's pointless to point out the science to you, your mind is totally in the chains of your false hermeneutics, I just showed you data of no anomalous weather for the past 20,000 years and then you shift the date back to before that. You are a dishonest person who's intellect has been hijacked by your false hermeneutics.
But now you're going to assert that Noah built this nautical impossibility over 20,000 years ago!

Does it matter that data shows nothing super-catastrophic occurred in the last 20,000 years? No

Does it matter that if you compress half a billion years of plate tectonics into a year that the oceans would boil? No

Does it matter that the atmosphere would become unbreathable with that much moisture in it, or it couldn't possibly store a fraction of the rain necessary? No

All you'll do is make a fantasy land of the imagination to prop up your false beliefs.

Thumbsup

Now don't go muddying the water with facts, Q might have to go back and preach actual truth to his church.....and watch them ALL walk away from the delusion...

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
05-03-2015, 12:17 PM
(05-03-2015 11:09 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 10:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It's pointless to point out the science to you, your mind is totally in the chains of your false hermeneutics, I just showed you data of no anomalous weather for the past 20,000 years and then you shift the date back to before that. You are a dishonest person who's intellect has been hijacked by your false hermeneutics.

Thumbsup

Now don't go muddying the water with facts, Q might have to go back and preach actual truth to his church.....and watch them ALL walk away from the delusion...

The likelihood of Q preaching the truth to his church is slim indeed. Perhaps if we pray hard enough, he will. Laughat
Now that would be a miracle of Noahtic proportions!Laugh out load

05-03-2015, 12:52 PM
(05-03-2015 12:17 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Now that would be a miracle…
puts on sunglasses
of Noahtic proportions
ftfy

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 1 user Likes Russ's post
05-03-2015, 12:54 PM
(04-03-2015 01:15 AM)mcyowassup Wrote:  The amount of rain it takes a day to drown the highest mountain in a month is irrelevant because in the story god made the water flood and he is in the story all powerful and could've thus easily made any amount of water appear any where at anytime. I am not saying I agree with the story I wasn't there just read an account I don't know what really happened and how. I do however claim that you cannot possibly know for sure that it did not happen. Considering all the different ancient civilizations that have similar accounts of a flood and it having to do with a theological event as well it is perfect possible it took place.

Well sure. If you first accept that an omnipotent god exists, then anything is possible.

But I have 2 thoughts for you to ponder.

1) In order for this to have happened, it requires that "God" was directly involved throughout. It required God's powers to a) make that much rain fall in that short time period, b) allow carnivorous animals to exist with others on the ark without eating them, c) for there to be enough food for all the animals while on the ark, d) for the animals to be able to find enough food on land after disembarking onto a small patch of exposed land, e) for Noah and family to be able to "sail" to the land once it emerged without a sail, f) for animals to scatter across the earth with oceans in between continents... and the list goes on. That's a lot of involvement for a god that typically stays uninvolved. For example, instead of just zapping everyone out of existence other than Noah and his family, God sat back while Noah built the ark, gathered the animals, etc. When Adam and Eve were tempted by the snake, instead of God stepping in to banish the snake from the garden, he did nothing. Even today, we frequently have natural disasters while God sits back and does nothing. It seems far more consistent, that if God wanted to flood the earth, he would have simply turned the normal rains on constantly and, if it took a month to flood the earth, so be it. I mean, what was the hurry? God has no worries about limited time! It makes no sense for him to be so involved when it seems contrary to his nature.

2) Even if the Noah's ark story is completely true, that would only mean that your god is a heinous beast. Instead of zapping all the bad people out of existence, he indiscriminately killed everyone (except Noah, his family, and two of each animal) - including people who really weren't so bad, innocent babies, innocent animals, and even all the plants that there was no good reason to destroy. And how does it make sense that God's plan for saving the animals was to save 1 of each sex from each species? He didn't have to kill any of them in the first place. For an omniscient god, he sure does seem a little slow in the brain. Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-03-2015, 01:42 PM

Thanks...

What do ice ages and snowfall records have to do with the flood myth?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user