Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(06-03-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 10:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It's pointless to point out the science to you, your mind is totally in the chains of your false hermeneutics, I just showed you data of no anomalous weather for the past 20,000 years and then you shift the date back to before that. You are a dishonest person who's intellect has been hijacked by your false hermeneutics.
But now you're going to assert that Noah built this nautical impossibility over 20,000 years ago!

Does it matter that nautical engineers say this is an impossible task? No

Does it matter that data shows nothing super-catastrophic occurred in the last 20,000 years? No

Does it matter that if you compress half a billion years of plate tectonics into a year that the oceans would boil? No

Does it matter that the atmosphere would become unbreathable with that much moisture in it, or it couldn't possibly store a fraction of the rain necessary? No

Does it matter Greenland wouldn't even exist as we know it today? No

Does it matter that this is a plagiarized story from Babylon/Sumeria? No

Do the facts matter? Not in Q's delusional world.

All you'll do is make a fantasy land of the imagination to prop up your false beliefs.

Your post is typical, I'm sorry to have to say that. The ice cores in Greenland can only provide several thousand years/layers of data, after that what is beneath as permafrost is pressed so compactly that uniformitarian assumptions are made regarding the dust and etc. beneath.

Also, think about that possibility that a recent ice age was resultant from the Flood. It takes a mix of warm oceans and a lot of precipitation plus cold air temperatures to make an ice age. The Flood is a story of excess water and a lot of precipitation. Noah and his kin live near the equator, no one is doubting the evidence of a recent ice age(s) in Greenland, in Canada or down to parts of Scandinavia and America/the Continent.

And I do hear what you're saying about continental drift, of course. And heat, and physics, and geology. I really do. But there is data there to be sifted. If we are ready to move on to animals and plants and survival and ark construction, etc. we can. And since we all believe in Evolution, it will be easy to show how plant seeds survive or even thrive in saline water, how the sea life didn't need to be aboard the ark and how a multitude of species evolved if quickly from some animals on a ship the size of a modern warship. But I have to tell you--I'll hear something about the impossibility of the Flood--an argument from science--and then do a little research. When there's so much inflammatory comment on this site, and people saying nasty things and posting stupid memes, I wonder if "the other side" is rational at all, even a little bit.

Re "how the sea life didn't need to be aboard the ark"

Try putting sea water in your freshwater tank and tell me how long your fish live. Huh
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
07-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Coupla thoughts here. I talked with my dad about the possibility of the whole ark story. He was a veterinarian and therefore reasonably knowledgeable about things like the food required.

First off, there was simply not enough room for all the amounts needed of all the different kinds of foods needed to keep all the animals alive. Since the predator couldn't eat the prey, as they did in the wild, feeding alone would be a huge issue. Had the predator eaten the prey, then the prey species would have been done and over with.

You would have to assume that each of the pairs of animals that boarded the ark were able to reproduce once freed from the ark. And reproduce enough to repopulate. No sterility or other breeding/birth issues. Of course none of the animals are said to have birthed while on the ark which means that only non-pregnant females, or females with gestation longer than 40 days were allowed on the ark for that to have been true of the entire population of animals.

As dad said, the manure issue could have been handled by shoveling it all into the flood waters.

You have to buy into the whole 'the animals were sprinkled with magic god dust' to be able to buy into any of it.

Such a crock.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-03-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm trying to wrap my head around this idea that Greenland can't be that old. When did the molecular structure of water/ice/steam change so that only the last few thousand years follow a pattern? I'm all for catastrophes in the past but not any that would change the structure and characteristics of water.

I would think that knowing how water and ice act would preclude the idea that a worldwide flood ever could happen.
07-03-2015, 09:51 PM
(07-03-2015 09:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Coupla thoughts here. I talked with my dad about the possibility of the whole ark story. He was a veterinarian and therefore reasonably knowledgeable about things like the food required.

First off, there was simply not enough room for all the amounts needed of all the different kinds of foods needed to keep all the animals alive. Since the predator couldn't eat the prey, as they did in the wild, feeding alone would be a huge issue. Had the predator eaten the prey, then the prey species would have been done and over with.

You would have to assume that each of the pairs of animals that boarded the ark were able to reproduce once freed from the ark. And reproduce enough to repopulate. No sterility or other breeding/birth issues. Of course none of the animals are said to have birthed while on the ark which means that only non-pregnant females, or females with gestation longer than 40 days were allowed on the ark for that to have been true of the entire population of animals.

As dad said, the manure issue could have been handled by shoveling it all into the flood waters.

You have to buy into the whole 'the animals were sprinkled with magic god dust' to be able to buy into any of it.

Such a crock.

Here's a classic from Non StampCollector:

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
08-03-2015, 08:27 PM
I haven't digested this entire thread, so if it's been brought up, I apologize. But the recent movie Noah (with Russell Crowe in the titular role) almost seemed to be making fun of the story (although it probably had more to do with saving money on special effects). The fanciful idea they came up with was that Noah discovered that burning a particular herb would put the animals to sleep. That's right ... the entire menagerie was sound asleep for months.

And this doesn't help with the difficulties laid out earlier; it's even more far-fetched.

(1) The sleeping "gas" worked equally well on hummingbirds and elephants -- and instantly, too.
(2) It did not effect the human crew. They simply strode through the ark with censers trailing smoke and only the animals were effected.
(3) None of the animals starved, got "bed sores" or infected from laying in their own poop for months.
(4) It appears that the animals did not need to be re-doped, the sleeping potion worked for the correct time frame for all animals.
09-03-2015, 05:21 AM
(08-03-2015 08:27 PM)mordant Wrote:  I haven't digested this entire thread, so if it's been brought up, I apologize. But the recent movie Noah (with Russell Crowe in the titular role) almost seemed to be making fun of the story (although it probably had more to do with saving money on special effects). The fanciful idea they came up with was that Noah discovered that burning a particular herb would put the animals to sleep. That's right ... the entire menagerie was sound asleep for months.

And this doesn't help with the difficulties laid out earlier; it's even more far-fetched.

(1) The sleeping "gas" worked equally well on hummingbirds and elephants -- and instantly, too.
(2) It did not effect the human crew. They simply strode through the ark with censers trailing smoke and only the animals were effected.
(3) None of the animals starved, got "bed sores" or infected from laying in their own poop for months.
(4) It appears that the animals did not need to be re-doped, the sleeping potion worked for the correct time frame for all animals.

So much of it is just made-up BS, I wish a lot of these myth believers would simply get to the point- it was magic, god magic.

That's what it really comes down to, do you believe in magic?

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-03-2015, 05:37 AM
If "God" did all this magic to make the ark work -- wouldn't it just have been simpler for him to just magically pluck all the bad humans up and cast them into hell/purgatory/Cleveland - whatever and dispensed with all the nonsense of building a bigassed boat and rounding up all the critters??

Any "supreme being" who came up with a dumbassed plan like this "Noah's Ark" thingie should be demoted to "Less than competent being" promptly. You'd have to be a complete fucknut to come up with such a stupid idea.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-03-2015, 07:10 AM
(09-03-2015 05:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If "God" did all this magic to make the ark work -- wouldn't it just have been simpler for him to just magically pluck all the bad humans up and cast them into hell/purgatory/Cleveland - whatever and dispensed with all the nonsense of building a bigassed boat and rounding up all the critters??

Any "supreme being" who came up with a dumbassed plan like this "Noah's Ark" thingie should be demoted to "Less than competent being" promptly. You'd have to be a complete fucknut to come up with such a stupid idea.

Yes, the story of Noah makes god a bumbling idiot, you just demonstrated more common sense than the alleged omniscient god of the universe.

And who wrote this story? A bunch of scientifically ignorant priests from the 6-7th century BC that plagiarized a Babylonian myth based off of an actual flood or series of floods in the 3-4th millenium BC.

[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
09-03-2015, 08:45 AM
(08-03-2015 08:27 PM)mordant Wrote:  I haven't digested this entire thread, so if it's been brought up, I apologize. But the recent movie Noah (with Russell Crowe in the titular role) almost seemed to be making fun of the story (although it probably had more to do with saving money on special effects). The fanciful idea they came up with was that Noah discovered that burning a particular herb would put the animals to sleep. That's right ... the entire menagerie was sound asleep for months.

Hell, even Emma Watson's character is completely made up. And Russel Crowe looked pretty damn good for a 700 year old. Plus, how did he get the mountian gorillas?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
09-03-2015, 01:00 PM
(09-03-2015 05:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If "God" did all this magic to make the ark work -- wouldn't it just have been simpler for him to just magically pluck all the bad humans up and cast them into hell/purgatory/Cleveland - whatever and dispensed with all the nonsense of building a bigassed boat and rounding up all the critters??

Good point:

But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. - 2 Peter 3:5

Notice the "deliberately forgot" emphasis here. The world was destroyed by water, Noah preserved in it--a type of baptism. The next destruction comes by [atomic?!] fire.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user