Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(19-03-2015 10:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. Yes, I'm familiar with the problems caused by inbreeding in modern centuries after the genetic pool God offered went through many, many generations. It's arguable, however, whether the Pharaohs and etc. experienced the same things as the Europeans later, and we tend to think in terms of Genetic Eve, not multiple Eves. By that, of course, I'm not just referring to Adam and Eve but to the fact that I know if I ask, you will tell me we came from a region in Africa genetically, and not from multiple continents at one time. Or do you disagree with all modern, established science? Drinking Beverage Not only does this indicate fewer Eves but some kind of Pangaea or Noahic catastrophe, yes? No?

No. Read a book.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-03-2015, 08:10 PM
(19-03-2015 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 10:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. Yes, I'm familiar with the problems caused by inbreeding in modern centuries after the genetic pool God offered went through many, many generations. It's arguable, however, whether the Pharaohs and etc. experienced the same things as the Europeans later, and we tend to think in terms of Genetic Eve, not multiple Eves. By that, of course, I'm not just referring to Adam and Eve but to the fact that I know if I ask, you will tell me we came from a region in Africa genetically, and not from multiple continents at one time. Or do you disagree with all modern, established science? Drinking Beverage Not only does this indicate fewer Eves but some kind of Pangaea or Noahic catastrophe, yes? No?

No. Read a book.

He’ll just pick up the Babble. Undecided

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-03-2015, 08:47 PM

Q, this is what you sound like when you say stuff like that.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
20-03-2015, 02:04 PM
All,

You are shifting the posts again, I'm afraid.

I've already said that an ice age requires cold conditions to freeze water plus warm oceans to precipitate extra rainfall. I'm not blaming you for being unlearned on current creationist and flood-advocate theory.

The recent, comprehensive (millions of persons) National Geographic gene study shows a track of people remarkably similar to the Flood and Babel "myths". I also imagine you've all read pages from websites explaining genetic diversity since Adam or Noah, and etc. and I'm tired of citing them here--for two reasons--1) I get back garbage (from the same atheists who insist I cite sources) like one sentence jabs, "That site is a joke" or "Those Christians aren't really scientists or scientific" and 2) you are all being rather unreasonable--about everything. I rather expected more discussion and discourse from you. Example: The Greenland ice cores can only be taken for data from the previous 2,000 years, below which, compression reduces everything to assumptions about dust within the compacted ice that--surprise--HAS to be X millions of years old or we lose--a recent Flood--a young Earth--etc. The blind leading the blind, but I'd hoped some of you would engage, in the words of The Q's old friend.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-03-2015, 03:32 PM
(20-03-2015 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I've already said that an ice age requires cold conditions to freeze water plus warm oceans to precipitate extra rainfall. I'm not blaming you for being unlearned on current creationist and flood-advocate theory.

The recent, comprehensive (millions of persons) National Geographic gene study shows a track of people remarkably similar to the Flood and Babel "myths". I also imagine you've all read pages from websites explaining genetic diversity since Adam or Noah, and etc. and I'm tired of citing them here--for two reasons--1) I get back garbage (from the same atheists who insist I cite sources) like one sentence jabs, "That site is a joke" or "Those Christians aren't really scientists or scientific" and 2) you are all being rather unreasonable--about everything. I rather expected more discussion and discourse from you. Example: The Greenland ice cores can only be taken for data from the previous 2,000 years, below which, compression reduces everything to assumptions about dust within the compacted ice that--surprise--HAS to be X millions of years old or we lose--a recent Flood--a young Earth--etc. The blind leading the blind, but I'd hoped some of you would engage, in the words of The Q's old friend.

You understand nothing, it has been shown to you several times on this thread that they have ice core data going back 800,000 years and you still fail to understand that. You showed even further ignorance with childish excel math.
You have no evidence for the Gilgamesh myth.

You have to play these games of cognitive dissonance, your world view has no evidence, you engage in flights of fantasy with zero proof. Go back to your church and pray, we don't want you here.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
20-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Dat Noah Flood
You can date the ice cores and you can date sediments in deep sea core records too.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
20-03-2015, 04:32 PM
(20-03-2015 04:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You can date the ice cores and you can date sediments in deep sea core records too.

And varves.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-03-2015, 04:37 PM
(20-03-2015 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I've already said that an ice age requires cold conditions to freeze water plus warm oceans to precipitate extra rainfall.

No, there is no "extra rainfall". Where do you get your misinformation?

Quote:I'm not blaming you for being unlearned on current creationist and flood-advocate theory.

The recent, comprehensive (millions of persons) National Geographic gene study shows a track of people remarkably similar to the Flood and Babel "myths".

Citation required.

Quote: I also imagine you've all read pages from websites explaining genetic diversity since Adam or Noah, and etc. and I'm tired of citing them here

But you haven't cited them - here or anywhere.

Quote:--for two reasons--1) I get back garbage (from the same atheists who insist I cite sources) like one sentence jabs, "That site is a joke" or "Those Christians aren't really scientists or scientific"

Not garbage. If you actually understood any science, you would know that.

Quote:and 2) you are all being rather unreasonable--about everything. I rather expected more discussion and discourse from you. Example: The Greenland ice cores can only be taken for data from the previous 2,000 years, below which, compression reduces everything to assumptions about dust within the compacted ice that--surprise--HAS to be X millions of years old or we lose--a recent Flood--a young Earth--etc. The blind leading the blind, but I'd hoped some of you would engage, in the words of The Q's old friend.

Citation required.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-03-2015, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 11:01 AM by TheInquisition.)
So here we have an example of classic cognitive dissonance, let me illustrate. Q says he believes in natural evolution, but he believes in the flood myth, he believes Noah was able to fit all of those animals on the boat no doubt by using the imaginary and unscientific classification of "kinds".

So think about this, there were a limited amount of "kinds" on the ark and then every species variant we see today evolved from the moment they left the ark about 22,000 years ago. No doubt he'll claim that god hyper-evovled everything that left the ark so it could branch into it's various species that compose 8.7 million different species of life on Earth .

A common number of the species of animals on the ark is 16,000 from Answers In Genesis.

From 16,000 "kinds" we get 8.7 million species on Earth today, so each "kind" has to generate about 544 species in a 22,000 year period if we accept his unsupported speculation of 22,000 years ago for the flood.

At this point, any reasonable person is laughing at this ridiculous and comical prospect. If this actually happened, we would have evidence everywhere in the fossil record, but we have evidence of nothing like this happening, quite the opposite in fact. We have mountains of evidence of the gradual process of evolution over long periods of time that yields the incredible diversity in life that we see today.

So Q; in fact, cannot possibly believe in evolution as scientists understand it and define it. He created a fantasy that is unscientific to prop up his ridiculous world view.

Q is very dishonest, he doesn't fool anyone here with his unscientific BS, he only fools himself and those unfortunate people that listen to his childish theistic fantasies. He is so conceited to actually believe that he has the truth because he believes the bible. I coined the term "ingeniously delusional" to describe someone like Q, he's fabricated this fantasy world without really understanding science and then creating ad-hoc rationalizations to make the bible work with his "science" using the delusional hermeneutics he's so fond of.

He's convinced himself that he's found the truth, it doesn't matter how wrong or lacking in understanding he is, he thinks he's brilliant and us ignorant atheists can't see it because we don't have the capacity to understand it.

Oh we see it Q, far better than you ever will. We see a delusional child that can't accept reality, who casually dismisses evidence while not even grasping said evidence while smugly patting himself on his back while spinning in his delusion.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
21-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Can we just point Qbert to something simple like, let's say...the water cycle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle

Or, to make it simpler to grasp... http://www.kidzone.ws/water/

We can't muddy the waters (cough, cough) with deepities such as fitting all the animals onto a boat and keeping them alive for nearly 7 weeks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post