Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2015, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 07:00 AM by TheInquisition.)
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(30-04-2015 12:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are correct, I think. TTA should not represent itself as such--and it doesn't. The tragedy, rather, is that people keep asking for sources including peer reviewed work and the literature from scientists, and then refuse to even look at sites I suggest. Not a level playing field.

No, we're actually giving credence to real science backed up with evidence and all you have is your pathetic creationist psuedo-science without evidence.

Now as to this silly uniformitarianism accusation you keep making. This was a view promoted by Charles Lyell (1797-1875), uniformitarian views in geology were favored from 1850-1980, geologists currently use a view that combines uniformitarian and catastrophistic views for a more complete viewpoint.
This is why they now view volcanic events and meteorite strikes as major contributors to the geologic history of the planet.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 09:50 AM
All,

The term "creation science" obliquely refers to scientists with PhD's and Master's degrees who affirm biblical creation elements.

I will note that no one here even LOOKED at ANY of the webpages I've mentioned, and move on.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2015, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 08:34 PM by Chas.)
(05-05-2015 09:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

The term "creation science" obliquely refers to scientists with PhD's and Master's degrees who affirm biblical creation elements.

I will note that no one here even LOOKED at ANY of the webpages I've mentioned, and move on.

Fuck off, you presuppositional nitwit. We've looked at those sites before.

And those 'scientists' mostly don't have PhD's in biology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-05-2015, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 05:51 PM by goodwithoutgod.)

Where one got their degree is a major contributing factor for consideration, what ones religious beliefs are before and while obtaining their degree is also a major contributing factor. We have seen time and again, the devout turn a blind eye to the mountain of evidence refuting the bible while clinging to delusion. Just because someone has a degree doesn't mean they don't have "blind faith" and aren't blindly striving to substantiate it with their educational status. So some BS creationist site or author of a book proudly crowing about so and so having a doctorates is not the litmus test for truth or validity....if that person makes claims that are non falsifiable, unprovable and untestable.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-05-2015, 12:59 PM
36 pages and Q finally realizes that creationism has no value to anyone here, yet he still thinks it carries some kind of weight.

Q puts the Q in Qlueless.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-05-2015, 05:29 PM

So it's not so much "creation science" as it is "scientists who accept creation." That's not terribly impressive: aside from being a blatant argument from authority, people can be wrong if they want.

Quote:I will note that no one here even LOOKED at ANY of the webpages I've mentioned, and move on.

How do you know that? Do you have any evidence at all, or are you just assuming that because it feels better than considering that your sources weren't at all effective?

Because I'll give you a hint right now: I looked at the latest citation you gave, so your claim is falsified right away.
[+] 1 user Likes Esquilax's post
05-05-2015, 06:22 PM
(05-05-2015 05:29 PM)Esquilax Wrote:  

So it's not so much "creation science" as it is "scientists who accept creation." That's not terribly impressive: aside from being a blatant argument from authority, people can be wrong if they want.

Quote:I will note that no one here even LOOKED at ANY of the webpages I've mentioned, and move on.

How do you know that? Do you have any evidence at all, or are you just assuming that because it feels better than considering that your sources weren't at all effective?

Because I'll give you a hint right now: I looked at the latest citation you gave, so your claim is falsified right away.

Yep, I went through all of these sites and deconstructed their suppositions, it was part of my deconversion process.

05-05-2015, 07:42 PM

I mean debunking the sources is the reason i came. Then i quit when gwg started wonder if i should start again

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-05-2015, 09:33 PM
MUST......KEEP......FAITH.......OVER.....EVIDENCE..........

[Image: d6255859_32238-Beating-Dead-Horse-gif-7zfM.gif]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
06-05-2015, 06:45 AM
(05-05-2015 09:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The term "creation science" obliquely refers to scientists with PhD's and Master's degrees who affirm biblical creation elements.

Science is a term that describes an activity, not a qualification. If someone isn't publishing in a given field they aren't doing science in that field.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.