Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 07:53 AM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
This thread has been a good clearinghouse for information that falsifies the flood myth. In that vein, I thought I would provide more evidence that falsifies Walt Brown's theory The Origin of Asteroids, Meteoroids, and Trans-Neptunian Objects

Brown asserts that asteroids, meteroids and Trans-Neptunian objects were blasted off of the surface of the Earth when the "fountains of the deep" were opened by god to begin the deluge. This is of course falsified by meteorites that show an age greater than that of the flood revealed by radiometric dating.

There is another characteristic of meteorites that reveal their extreme age, that is the Widmanstätten pattern that is formed during a very slow cooling process, I will quote from the provided link:
Quote:The formation of Ni-poor kamacite proceeds by diffusion of Ni in the solid alloy at temperatures between 700 and 450 °C, and can only take place during very slow cooling, about 100 to 10,000 °C/Myr, with total cooling times of 10 Myr or less.[9] This explains why this structure cannot be reproduced in the laboratory.

These crystalline patterns are in almost all meteorites and they take millions of years to form -far longer than when Walt Brown's nutty theory would suggest.
Once again, the creationist speculation can be falsified from not just one line of evidence, but SEVERAL.

A pic of Widmanstatten patterns in a meteorite:

[Image: Widmanst%C3%A4tten_pattern_kevinzim.jpg]

This isn't someone's "assumption", it's evidence that falsifies the psuedo-science of the creationist hack Walt Brown. It's no secret why a person that's not blind to evidence would consider someone like Walt Brown to be a dubious source of anything science related. In fact, it casts doubt on any site that would use his writings to prove anything.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
06-05-2015, 07:54 AM
(06-05-2015 06:45 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 09:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The term "creation science" obliquely refers to scientists with PhD's and Master's degrees who affirm biblical creation elements.

Science is a term that describes an activity, not a qualification. If someone isn't publishing in a given field they aren't doing science in that field.

And if they aren't limiting their own bias and are only running experiments to prove what they already believe, they're also not doing science.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-05-2015, 08:14 AM
All,

You ought to compare "I looked at all those sites" with The Q, who wrote "I read the Walt Brown book in its entirety, and though I disagree with the mechanics, the issues he has raised are sizable".

I may have mentioned a friend who had two Geology Master's degrees, therefore once he heard the gospel and researched as a skeptic, he took two years before placing his trust in Christ. But he got there. There are biologists, geologists, archaeologists, paleontologists and other scientists concerned in every field that touches the issues who are Christians, outspoken and otherwise, and more or less fundamentalist also.

Kindly visit the Grand Canyon page I cited, and if you are unwilling to take 10 minutes to read the whole GC chapter, kindly point out where Walt Brown has erred where he cites anomalies and issues in OTHER theories regarding GC formation.

http://www.creationscience.com/onlineboo...nyon6.html

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2015, 08:16 AM
(06-05-2015 08:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

You ought to compare "I looked at all those sites" with The Q, who wrote "I read the Walt Brown book in its entirety, and though I disagree with the mechanics, the issues he has raised are sizable".

I may have mentioned a friend who had two Geology Master's degrees, therefore once he heard the gospel and researched as a skeptic, he took two years before placing his trust in Christ. But he got there. There are biologists, geologists, archaeologists, paleontologists and other scientists concerned in every field that touches the issues who are Christians, outspoken and otherwise, and more or less fundamentalist also.

Kindly visit the Grand Canyon page I cited, and if you are unwilling to take 10 minutes to read the whole GC chapter, kindly point out where Walt Brown has erred where he cites anomalies and issues in OTHER theories regarding GC formation.

Thanks.

Did you just see the post above? Walt Brown's nuttiness has more than one line of evidence that disproves his theories.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
06-05-2015, 10:54 AM
(06-05-2015 08:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ... Wrote lots of stuff... The Grand Canyon ...

Again with this 'Grand canyon'. Where are the other places around the world which would/might/possibly show some evidence of this world wide deluge?

Where about's in Indonesia, Argentina, China, Australia are there geological evidence of some sort of world wide deluge?

What is this fixation with American's and their small patch of dirt? Heck, is there something even in Canada or Mexico that might be some sort of corroboration if the Yanks don't want to stray too far from their borders?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
06-05-2015, 12:09 PM
So Q, I was just looking around at apologist's sites and realized that Nimrod was supposed to be the son of Cush who was the great-grandson of Noah So if they begat their sons approximately 30 years (an old man by Bronze-age standards), this would have been about 60 years after the flood. The bible says that Nimrod founded the city of Babel, so let's say Nimrod did this at about 30 years of age, we know from archeological records that the city of Babel was founded in 1894 B.C. So that means the flood couldn't have occurred much more than 100 years before Nimrod's time, which would place the flood around 2000 B.C.

It's somewhat amusing to see you squirm out of things, so do your little dance now, how can you possibly assert the flood occurred in paleolithic times? Why don't you admit you don't know what the hell you're talking about?

Why would anyone on this thread give any credence to your garbage theories and your garbage creationist sites?

Here's a list of apologists sites that list the Tower of Babel dates:

Creation Research Institute -2200 B.C.

CARM- Matt Slick says it was constructed BEFORE 4000 B.C. !

Bible Timeline 2100 B.C.

Answers in Genesis 2242 B.C.

Creation conversations 1847-1737 B.C.

Every one of the dates for the Tower of Babel counters your asserted dates of 20,000+ years. These are your fellow YEC cohorts, they don't believe your fanciful story of a world-wide flood of over 20,000 years ago.

Now why would anyone on this site be inclined to believe any garbage that you come up with when even your own group of Christians rejects your views on the flood?

06-05-2015, 12:52 PM
(06-05-2015 08:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I may have mentioned a friend who had two Geology Master's degrees, therefore once he heard the gospel and researched as a skeptic, he took two years before placing his trust in Christ. But he got there. There are biologists, geologists, archaeologists, paleontologists and other scientists concerned in every field that touches the issues who are Christians, outspoken and otherwise, and more or less fundamentalist also.

I am a computer scientist who was a Christian for decades. When I started to actually look into the Bible and theology, I walked away from it all in disbelief.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.

(06-05-2015 08:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Kindly visit the Grand Canyon page I cited, and if you are unwilling to take 10 minutes to read the whole GC chapter, kindly point out where Walt Brown has erred where he cites anomalies and issues in OTHER theories regarding GC formation.

I don't like mushrooms. I've known this for a long time. I was at a wedding reception and one of the things we were brought was this flaky crust stuffed with mushrooms in a mushroom sauce. I saw this and decided not to eat it, because I knew what it'd taste like. I foolishly let my aunts badger me into trying it (because, "you never know!"), and guess what it tasted like: mushrooms.

Similarly, I have learned never to bother with sites like answersingenesis, discoveryinstitute, or creationscience. I know exactly what I'm going to get. I've done it before, and I don't have high hopes.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a timeless parable for a reason. If those sites wanted to be taken seriously, they should have stopped lying years ago. If you want to be taken seriously, you should stop shilling for them.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-05-2015, 01:36 PM
(06-05-2015 12:52 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 08:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I may have mentioned a friend who had two Geology Master's degrees, therefore once he heard the gospel and researched as a skeptic, he took two years before placing his trust in Christ. But he got there. There are biologists, geologists, archaeologists, paleontologists and other scientists concerned in every field that touches the issues who are Christians, outspoken and otherwise, and more or less fundamentalist also.

I am a computer scientist who was a Christian for decades. When I started to actually look into the Bible and theology, I walked away from it all in disbelief.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.

(06-05-2015 08:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Kindly visit the Grand Canyon page I cited, and if you are unwilling to take 10 minutes to read the whole GC chapter, kindly point out where Walt Brown has erred where he cites anomalies and issues in OTHER theories regarding GC formation.

I don't like mushrooms. I've known this for a long time. I was at a wedding reception and one of the things we were brought was this flaky crust stuffed with mushrooms in a mushroom sauce. I saw this and decided not to eat it, because I knew what it'd taste like. I foolishly let my aunts badger me into trying it (because, "you never know!"), and guess what it tasted like: mushrooms.

Similarly, I have learned never to bother with sites like answersingenesis, discoveryinstitute, or creationscience. I know exactly what I'm going to get. I've done it before, and I don't have high hopes.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a timeless parable for a reason. If those sites wanted to be taken seriously, they should have stopped lying years ago. If you want to be taken seriously, you should stop shilling for them.

I really wonder, WTH is the matter with Q's brain? He said he doesn't ascribe to Walt Brown's hydroplate theory, yet cites his theories to throw doubt on geological evidence!

He's schizophrenic!

Ok, I'll try to spell it out for Q in bright red colors - Walt Brown's hydroplate theory is falsified by evidence, his theories are dead in the water.

Here is a critique of Walt Brown's hydroplate theory from a CREATIONIST web site:

I do not think Brown has thought through his Flood objections very well. The depth of an erosional canyon during channelized Flood runoff will depend upon many variables, including the amount of water being channelized, the velocity of flow, the type of rock eroded, the intensity of the uplift of the land, and the amount of sinking of the continental margin. In the case of Grand Canyon in a model of Flood runoff, flow converged at the location of eastern Grand Canyon from drainage of the entire Colorado Plateau.
With the strong rise of the Colorado Plateau and the sinking of the continental margin off California, a deep canyon would be expected. Brown should have worked out the details of his assertion and published it in the creationist technical literature. Besides, there are many other deep canyons across the earth, such as Copper Canyon in the Sierra Madre Occidental Mountains of northwest Mexico, which is deeper than Grand Canyon and only 965 km (600 mi) south.

06-05-2015, 01:37 PM
(06-05-2015 12:52 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Anecdotes are anecdotes.

Q is like a mushroom - living in the dark, feeding on bullshit. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-05-2015, 02:15 PM
I didn't offer dates circa 20,000 years for any Bible event...?

I've said, what four times, I don't ascribe to hydroplate theory, yet I've noticed hundreds of reference points in Walt Brown's work that can be found elsewhere yet are neatly compacted in his site online...

Again, I see no one has even LOOKED at the page I cited. How sad.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.