Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(02-06-2015 05:43 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Is there any point to this thread besides demonstrating how a person wallows in delusion and denies and distorts evidence?

Q has serious cognitive impairment, you have to, to continue believing this nonsense.

Seriously, this is a supposedly adult person that believes in make believe, we could've been arguing how Santa Claus gets all of those toys on his sleigh. The argument is no different than how Noah got all of those animals on a boat.

This person qualitatively believes the same thing and I suppose he'll wallow in his sophistry and be quite proud of his intellectual prowess while he makes arguments for it.

This is literally a mind that has been deluded into believing anything, as long as it supports his world view.

He has literally been intellectually damaged by his religion, and he will deny it until the day he dies.

Does it get more pathetic than this?

Q is an intellectual train wreck, all we're doing now is standing here looking at it as we shake our heads at the intellectual catastrophe.

[Image: train-wreck.jpg]

Are all theists deluded? Are all religious persons deluded? Can you share another example of where MOST people in the world, and during most cultures, times, etc. have held a common delusion? (Not a lacking of fact, such as "the world is flat". A real delusion despite facts... what you would say are MANY facts.) Drinking Beverage

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2015, 07:50 AM
(02-06-2015 07:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 05:43 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Is there any point to this thread besides demonstrating how a person wallows in delusion and denies and distorts evidence?

Q has serious cognitive impairment, you have to, to continue believing this nonsense.

Seriously, this is a supposedly adult person that believes in make believe, we could've been arguing how Santa Claus gets all of those toys on his sleigh. The argument is no different than how Noah got all of those animals on a boat.

This person qualitatively believes the same thing and I suppose he'll wallow in his sophistry and be quite proud of his intellectual prowess while he makes arguments for it.

This is literally a mind that has been deluded into believing anything, as long as it supports his world view.

He has literally been intellectually damaged by his religion, and he will deny it until the day he dies.

Q is an intellectual train wreck, all we're doing now is standing here looking at it as we shake our heads at the intellectual catastrophe.

Are all theists deluded? Are all religious persons deluded? Can you share another example of where MOST people in the world, and during most cultures, times, etc. have held a common delusion? (Not a lacking of fact, such as "the world is flat". A real delusion despite facts... what you would say are MANY facts.) Drinking Beverage

Ah, yes, hell yes, and... won't bother since the implications of all other shared delusions are so far below how religious beliefs/traditions have stained our species.

But, what do other "common delusions" have to do with religious delusion? Popular or not - they are still delusional ways of thinking - correct?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 01:38 AM

All - or most - theists are indoctrinated. And if one goes by this definition then yes, theists are deluded.

Also delusion shared by many don't suddenly became truth, it's only widespread delusion.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-06-2015, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 07:16 AM by TheInquisition.)

Every major religion that ever existed was a shared delusion, including the Sumerian and Babylonian religions, which the writers of the bible plagiarized.
I can provide more facts for the existence of Santa Claus than you can for Noah.

Who is Saint Nicholas?

Extra-biblical historical references during his lifetime prove he was a real person. That's better than Noah, better than Jesus.

Also, who is to say Santa Claus couldn't have put all of those gifts on a sleigh, all he had to do is give a tiny gift the size of buckshot to each child. A child would have greatly valued something coming from Santa Claus even if it was a little pellet of buckshot, so he could have carried a lot of gifts on his sleigh, probably enough to give every child in the world!

That's silly right? Who would believe that, right? Santa giving children tiny gifts so he could stuff them all on his sleigh is silly, right? Why would anyone believe that?

Apparently Noah's ark could get all of those animals on board, because we can redefine species by using a made-up word like "kind" and then contend that the animals were baby animals.

The apologists are reducing the animal's size to make it sound more plausible, I suspect they could eventually reach the size of buckshot and you would believe it, because Jeebus.

Is there anything in the bible that you consider ridiculous and unbelievable?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
03-06-2015, 07:16 AM
(03-06-2015 05:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Apparently Noah's ark could get all of those animals on board, because we can redefine species by using a made-up word like "kind" and then contend that the animals were baby animals.

Quote:With Noah being over 500 years in age, it would make sense that he had the knowledge to be able to incorporate automatic feeding and watering systems where they only had to be refilled occasionally.
Laughat

I'm surprised they aren't claiming that they just took eggs along and that god kept them from hatching for the year the boat was drifting around.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-06-2015, 07:23 AM
(03-06-2015 05:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 07:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are all theists deluded? Are all religious persons deluded? Can you share another example of where MOST people in the world, and during most cultures, times, etc. have held a common delusion? (Not a lacking of fact, such as "the world is flat". A real delusion despite facts... what you would say are MANY facts.) Drinking Beverage

Every major religion that ever existed was a shared delusion, including the Sumerian and Babylonian religions, which the writers of the bible plagiarized.
I can provide more facts for the existence of Santa Claus than you can for Noah.

Who is Saint Nicholas?

Extra-biblical historical references during his lifetime prove he was a real person. That's better than Noah, better than Jesus.

Also, who is to say Santa Claus couldn't have put all of those gifts on a sleigh, all he had to do is give a tiny gift the size of buckshot to each child. A child would have greatly valued something coming from Santa Claus even if it was a little pellet of buckshot, so he could have carried a lot of gifts on his sleigh, probably enough to give every child in the world!

That's silly right? Who would believe that, right? Santa giving children tiny gifts so he could stuff them all on his sleigh is silly, right? Why would anyone believe that?

Apparently Noah's ark could get all of those animals on board, because we can redefine species by using a made-up word like "kind" and then contend that the animals were baby animals.

The apologists are reducing the animal's size to make it sound more plausible, I suspect they could eventually reach the size of buckshot and you would believe it, because Jeebus.

I like picturing koalas, sloths, insects...etc swimming bravely across wide oceans to check into the Ark for boarding in time for the great cruise...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
03-06-2015, 11:42 AM
(03-06-2015 05:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 07:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are all theists deluded? Are all religious persons deluded? Can you share another example of where MOST people in the world, and during most cultures, times, etc. have held a common delusion? (Not a lacking of fact, such as "the world is flat". A real delusion despite facts... what you would say are MANY facts.) Drinking Beverage

Who is Saint Nicholas?

D'oh! Double D'oh! Are you saying most adults believe St. Nicholas is Santa Claus, now, despite volumes of facts to the contrary?

Please try again. 3 X's and the Jenkins family will steal... Give me The Inquisition! Give me William!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 12:11 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(03-06-2015 11:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  D'oh! Double D'oh! Are you saying most adults believe St. Nicholas is Santa Claus, now, despite volumes of facts to the contrary?

Yes, the adult version of santa claus is jesus, haven't you heard?

Here let me help you with that sentence...

Are you saying most adults believe in jesus, now, despite volumes of facts to the contrary? YesYesYes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-06-2015, 12:41 PM
(03-06-2015 12:04 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 11:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  D'oh! Double D'oh! Are you saying most adults believe St. Nicholas is Santa Claus, now, despite volumes of facts to the contrary?

Yes, the adult version of santa claus is jesus, haven't you heard?

Here let me help you with that sentence...

Are you saying most adults believe in jesus, now, despite volumes of facts to the contrary? YesYesYes

To be fair, I think his point was that most adults (at least in the US) actually do believe in Jesus, whereas no adults believe in Santa Claus. However, I have always had a sneaking suspicion that the number of adults who really, truly believe in Jesus is much smaller than the number who claim to have such belief. I think that the vast majority of people who go to church do so for social reasons or out of habit, that they find the service tedious, and that for the other 167 hours of the week, they live their lives in a way indistinguishable from the way atheists live theirs. I think there are a lot more "Christians" than Christians.
03-06-2015, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 01:02 PM by TheInquisition.)
(03-06-2015 11:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Every major religion that ever existed was a shared delusion, including the Sumerian and Babylonian religions, which the writers of the bible plagiarized.

Who is Saint Nicholas?

D'oh! Double D'oh! Are you saying most adults believe St. Nicholas is Santa Claus, now, despite volumes of facts to the contrary?

Please try again. 3 X's and the Jenkins family will steal... Give me The Inquisition! Give me William!

I'm just using Santa Claus hermeneutics to explain most people's ignorance about the historical Santa Claus.

I just patiently explained to you that it is possible to fit all of those presents on his sleigh because the presents would be the size of buckshot.

Now answer my actual question -is there anything in the bible you find ridiculous?

Is there anything in there you wouldn't try to explain away?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition