Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(04-06-2015 07:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There is something in the Bible I do find ridiculous. The mystery of iniquity--how it is that thinking people can decide they are good enough on their own without God. That's nutty. Nutty! TTA members constantly bring up things like war and Christian hypocrisy, both of which point to you and I as evildoers, sinners.

I didn't think you would show any intellectual integrity with your response and you certainly met my expectations.

You're admitting you have no ability to exercise any critical assessment of your book of mythology, you cede all claim to any useful knowledge in regards to this book if you can't exercise anything but a sycophant's worship in regards to evaluating what it says.

This is not anything new, but I suppose it gives the members of this forum a clear view of your intellectual debasement.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
05-06-2015, 10:50 AM
(04-06-2015 08:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 07:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There is something in the Bible I do find ridiculous. The mystery of iniquity--how it is that thinking people can decide they are good enough on their own without God. That's nutty. Nutty! TTA members constantly bring up things like war and Christian hypocrisy, both of which point to you and I as evildoers, sinners.

I didn't think you would show any intellectual integrity with your response and you certainly met my expectations.

You're admitting you have no ability to exercise any critical assessment of your book of mythology, you cede all claim to any useful knowledge in regards to this book if you can't exercise anything but a sycophant's worship in regards to evaluating what it says.

This is not anything new, but I suppose it gives the members of this forum a clear view of your intellectual debasement.

I also find it ridiculous how much patience God exhibits with people who mock holy writ.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2015, 10:54 AM
(04-06-2015 11:27 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 07:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There is something in the Bible I do find ridiculous. The mystery of iniquity--how it is that thinking people can decide they are good enough on their own without God. That's nutty. Nutty!

You should change you name to the Sye Continuum after that comment.

Edit: Also, what should puzzle you even more is that the bible is full of god completely revealing himself in person in many cases, through large scale events (i.e. three hour eclipse, dead jews wandering around, feeding thousands with next to nothing, driving out demons) but the best he can seem to do now is appear on the occasional piece of toast and wood. If he were to cure an amputee, that would be extremely compelling, unusual, and verifiable. But instead, he only seems to "cure" people suffering from ailments that we don't completely understand. That should trouble you far more than a presuppositional argument like that.

I'm unfamiliar with the Sye reference...?

Miracles don't puzzle me. The ones you mentioned all have practical purposes. Jesus fed hungry people, healed sick people. Miracles are helps--not to show off or for God to go "look, see me". The Bible says we all can NOT see God because of human sin.

Again, (and you don't follow my posts, clearly, because I'm repeating myself for the umpteenth time on this issue) Jesus could appear in your living room tonight, shining with rainbow colors, demand your direct obedience, while changing your cat from white to grey, and you could 1) call you friends and say you just had a disturbing hallucination that coincided with a yet-as-unknown/yet-not-understood pigment disturbance in your cat that scientists do not yet have an answer for, but for which we couldn't possibly put God in the gap...

Choice. Free will.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
05-06-2015, 10:55 AM
(04-06-2015 11:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 07:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are all theists deluded?

Yes.

Quote:Are all religious persons deluded?

Yes.

Quote:Can you share another example of where MOST people in the world, and during most cultures, times, etc. have held a common delusion? (Not a lacking of fact, such as "the world is flat". A real delusion despite facts... what you would say are MANY facts.) Drinking Beverage

The delusion that there are any gods.

I used the words ANOTHER example besides theism. Please try again. Also please realize the inmates have been running the asylum for millennia. Perhaps you should visit Vanuatu soon, maybe even take permanent residence there to get away from most of us? Smile

05-06-2015, 04:11 PM
(05-06-2015 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 08:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I didn't think you would show any intellectual integrity with your response and you certainly met my expectations.

I also find it ridiculous how much patience God exhibits with people who mock holy writ.

I can't believe you actually posted that ridiculous statement. Facepalm

You are so demented.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-06-2015, 04:13 PM
(05-06-2015 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 11:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes.

Yes.

The delusion that there are any gods.

I used the words ANOTHER example besides theism. Please try again. Also please realize the inmates have been running the asylum for millennia. Perhaps you should visit Vanuatu soon, maybe even take permanent residence there to get away from most of us? Smile

I'm not going anywhere. I will continue to point out your delusions.
This is working on the young - the old will die out.

Besides, Christianity is the predominant religion in Vanuatu. Do you ever fact check? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-06-2015, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 04:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-06-2015 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I also find it ridiculous how much patience God exhibits with people who mock holy writ.

Apparently God is more loving than you give Him credit. You really really suck at being Christian.

#sigh
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-06-2015, 04:31 PM
(04-06-2015 08:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I didn't think you would show any intellectual integrity with your response and you certainly met my expectations.

Considering that he don't exists I do not think that he show much patience.

But since you believe in god why you're so surprised? Isn't he supposed to be omnibenevolent in your myths?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-06-2015, 04:45 PM
(05-06-2015 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently God is more loving than you give Him credit. You really really suck at being Christian.

Clap Thumbsup

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post
06-06-2015, 05:47 AM

You can't do it, can you? You can't point to a single part of the bible that you would dismiss as repugnant and/or ridiculous. This illustrates just how incapable you are of independent thought, you're simply a religious tool.

My Christian family members could do this, why can't you? Are you that dishonest and bereft of any intellectual integrity?

This illustrates just how damaging Christianity can be to one's mind.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post