Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
Since god is imaginary, it would stand to reason that it was an imaginary flood. That's why there is no real evidence of a global flood.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2015, 08:59 PM
(20-02-2015 08:29 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Since god is imaginary, it would stand to reason that it was an imaginary flood. That's why there is no real evidence of a global flood.

that and every part of the world had their own ****ing flood myth so its no surprise that the hebrews would have their own as well

in fact this is incredibly obvious thats its infinitely embarrassing that anyone is even defending this fairy tail as history
23-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Dealing with a couple Christians arguing that the flood was likely localized to "the world as they knew it".

Any suggestions to put the ball back in their court?
23-02-2015, 01:30 PM
If they want to argue for a local flood fine, but that is not what the text actually says.

King James Bible Wrote:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

It says every thing that is on earth. And this is God talking, so he means every thing. Do they doubt the word of God?
23-02-2015, 01:34 PM
These particular posters are weaving in and out of literal and metaphorical at their convenience.

I've already asked them how they choose what is or isn't a metaphor, with no real answer.
23-02-2015, 01:56 PM
All,

The Bible does not give a date for the Flood. We can start to have a discussion with "is their evidence for a worldwide flood?" but I will again challenge your specious flood dating as received from--some mystic? Some ignoramus counting "begets"? Really?

*Ice is made of water--the debate is whether this ice moved slowly or was quick-moving water

*There are interesting anomalies worldwide that stump geologists that grow far less confusing when looking at catastrophes like a large flood

*You are making uniformitarian assumptions without considering that many of your own ideas about the present world's geography are of course based on catastrophism and a world with a different geography and even atmosphere than we have now

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Okay Q, you tell us when you think this great ice flood occurred.
23-02-2015, 02:24 PM
(23-02-2015 01:56 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

The Bible does not give a date for the Flood. We can start to have a discussion with "is their evidence for a worldwide flood?" but I will again challenge your specious flood dating as received from--some mystic? Some ignoramus counting "begets"? Really?

*Ice is made of water--the debate is whether this ice moved slowly or was quick-moving water

*There are interesting anomalies worldwide that stump geologists that grow far less confusing when looking at catastrophes like a large flood

*You are making uniformitarian assumptions without considering that many of your own ideas about the present world's geography are of course based on catastrophism and a world with a different geography and even atmosphere than we have now
The assumptions are all yours, you're hedging to protect your unscientific Sumerian myth.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-02-2015, 02:26 PM
If they're jumping back and forth it becomes difficult. You'd have to pin them with yes or no questions. Did this happen? How do you know? If it's because the bible says so, how do you justify saying it is a local flood when the text contradicts that? If not, then the discussion becomes about the prevalence of flooding and why such an event would be a common source of folklore around the world.
23-02-2015, 02:57 PM
(19-02-2015 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Bible explains that in the end of days scoffers will stick to uniformitarian ideals and forget the catastrophes on Earth in the days of Noah. Be careful!

I'm sure it doesn't say exactly that. If it did, it would be a lot easier to believe.

Besides, how rare that a holy book would warn against critics and doubters.