Dat Noah Flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: Dat Noah Flood
(09-06-2015 11:43 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 09:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You must be joking. I can read about a rape in the paper and be outraged without saying "The paper sucks! No one who is intelligent should read it!" - exactly what many TTA'ers do with the Bible.

Did the paper offer up any suggestions on how to proceed after the rape concluded? Marriage perhaps? How bout a good stoning to teach that bitch a lesson?

For someone "itching for truth" you've done what many TTA'ers have done by misinterpreting (likely not even giving a cursory reading of) the holy Bible.

A woman who cries out when taken is exonerated, because she is being raped/assaulted. The man dies via stoning.

A woman who "does not cry out" is killed with the man. That is, she is consenting to adultery or fornication.

Obviously, and of course, the ones interpreting the Law, which was to administered with justice, wisdom and mercy (Bible facts every atheist manages to forget) meant that if a woman was knocked unconscious and etc. and couldn't cry aloud was also exonerated.

RAPISTS are to be executed in the Bible, not rape VICTIMS.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 09:04 AM
(10-06-2015 07:49 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  Except it is not the publisher or author who ordered the rape.

In the Bible, it is.

Are you accusing God of rape because He is omnipotent or because you are misreading/excerpting passages like those where women in the ANE, who would desire greatly husbands and families, following the loss of husbands in a battle, were permitted a 30-day mourning period and then could join Israel's men in traditional wedding ceremonies?

SO typical of skeptics to be pissed off "righteously" at people wanting a three-day waiting period for abortions, then wanting to extend three-day waiting periods to get guns, then calling 30-day waiting periods for courtships and marriages RAPES.

Thanks, but no thanks!

No, I am accusing the God of the Bible with being complicit in rape.

Your calling this "courtship and marriage" is totally down to your confirmation bias (which is a result of your religious insanity).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-06-2015, 10:26 AM
(10-06-2015 07:52 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 11:43 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Did the paper offer up any suggestions on how to proceed after the rape concluded? Marriage perhaps? How bout a good stoning to teach that bitch a lesson?

For someone "itching for truth" you've done what many TTA'ers have done by misinterpreting (likely not even giving a cursory reading of) the holy Bible.

A woman who cries out when taken is exonerated, because she is being raped/assaulted. The man dies via stoning.

A woman who "does not cry out" is killed with the man. That is, she is consenting to adultery or fornication.

Obviously, and of course, the ones interpreting the Law, which was to administered with justice, wisdom and mercy (Bible facts every atheist manages to forget) meant that if a woman was knocked unconscious and etc. and couldn't cry aloud was also exonerated.

RAPISTS are to be executed in the Bible, not rape VICTIMS.

Excuses for everything.
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Well, you both have the God-given right to interpret whatever facts as you see fit.

However, both of you called it rape without actually addressing the text as I presented it.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.