• 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 12:34 PM
RE: Dating Believers
Don't do it. Run the other way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 01:43 PM
This has never been an issue with me. Because of an experience in high school I now tell every guy up front that I'm an atheist. I don't sugar coat it. I tell them I'm an atheist and that religion has no draw for me.

This usually got rid of the religious guys.

The ones who stick around are generally agnostic, atheists, or ambivalent.

My guy is an atheist and he swears now that he could never be with a religious girl.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
15-10-2015, 02:02 PM
I am engaged to be married to a Christian I've been with for a decade, now. But she's not like the type of Christian we get on here, by any stretch. She loves science, scifi, and knowledge in general. She makes more fun of fundamentalist types than I do, and that's really saying something.

The key is to find one who doesn't take their religion more seriously than they'll take their affection for you. If you see signs that they do/will, run like hell. Literally, like THEY are the hell their religion describes. Run.

Otherwise, enjoy having someone in your life who just has a weird quirk of belief in some stuff you think is BS. I dated a chick who thought astrology was a real thing, once. *shrug*

I mean, could be worse: she could be a Cubs fan.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post