Poll: When a non-believer is dating a Theist, is it easier when...
...the believer is a female?
...the believer is a male?
[it makes no difference]
[Show Results]

Dating a Theist, easier for a guy or a girl?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 10:33 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
I was just thinking about this recently, and was wondering what you guys may think. I realize this may be an actually impossible question to answer, unless you date both men and women. But I’m still curious of your thoughts nonetheless.

As a non-believer, if dating a Theist, in your humble opinion…and with all things’s being equal… do you think it’s easier as a female non-believer to date a male Theist, or as a male non-believer to date a female Theist.

Of course...of course, I do realize there are more options than that, but that is the general question. If one of those particular arrangements does not fit you, please still feel free to share your thoughts. But the question is really, which sex do you think tends to be the more accepting of a non-theist, and I’ll reflect the poll in that way?

My quick basic thought is that it’s probably harder for a male non-theist dating a female theist. But that’s mostly because I feel like guys in general are more open, and less picky about “mates”, where women tend to be more picky…just in general…and it seems like that would apply to dating with and without belief.

…thoughts…?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Dating a Theist, easier for a guy or a girl?
I am heterosexual, but, I think men would be more stubborn, maybe to the point of abusive. Since sexual dimorphism points to the fact that men have more "masculine" features, and the fact that we tend to have more aggressive psychological traits, I'm definitely going with men. However, homosexual men are somewhat different, since they usually are born with, and also usually tend to have less "Masculine" features. This trait is caused by the amount of hormones that the baby gets in the womb, which means that a man receiving with less male hormones (testosterone) in the womb, is most likely homosexual. My inference is that males with a difference in "belief" are more stubborn and harder form a relationship with. (Since I have no experience with this.)
I'll vote females are easier.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
27-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I'd imagine it'd be easier for an atheist guy to date a theist girl. He can show her the misogynistic passages from whatever book she uses (more likely than not, there will be some) and either deconvert her, or get his own little bag of tricks to pull out whenever she annoys him.

Not that I'd seriously condone doing that, for either gender. Angel
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
27-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Quick thoughts:

Female theist: http://youtu.be/taFJQBjWYq0

Male theist: http://youtu.be/W9SSsEMoPxc

Stereotyping? Yes.

Hilarious? Yes.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
27-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Judging by comments on random atheist/theist articles the males tend be louder, more aggressive and stubborn, whille a lot of the women seem to put you on ignore after they've said the last word. Comment sections isn't really the best place to make a judgement call I guess, but I'm married to a theist, and she's overly laid back, but then again I strongly suspect she's losing her religion.

Your guess is as good as mine.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
27-05-2014, 10:50 PM
I hear stories all the time on TTA and elsewhere. It doesn't seem to matter if its a man or a woman. Either sex can make life miserable for the other if they want too.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
27-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Why marry or date a person to convert them?

It is reasonable to expect much conflict between such divergent world beliefs. So why do it???

Avoid all the chaos of the later arguments over educating children, dealing with hostile families and communities. Blind Freddy could see the coming divorse.

Atheist male. Just buy a house and a car, give her the keys and save 15 years.

Atheist female. What will you gain from a theist husband?

You decide.

I was seven when I decided to be a bachellor for life.

My existence is very calm. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-05-2014, 01:07 AM
(27-05-2014 10:46 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'd imagine it'd be easier for an atheist guy to date a theist girl. He can show her the misogynistic passages from whatever book she uses (more likely than not, there will be some) and either deconvert her, or get his own little bag of tricks to pull out whenever she annoys him.

Not that I'd seriously condone doing that, for either gender. Angel

And, because women tend to take the role of primary caregiver/nurturer in relationships, the theist female will patiently hang around for possibly years believing she can win him over by example.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 2 users Like Dee's post
28-05-2014, 01:09 AM
(27-05-2014 10:46 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Quick thoughts:

Female theist: http://youtu.be/taFJQBjWYq0

Male theist: http://youtu.be/W9SSsEMoPxc

Stereotyping? Yes.

Hilarious? Yes.

I found both those hilarious. As for which would be harder?

I have theist friends and from interacting with them my opinion seems to be that men are much more stubborn and dislike being proven wrong so will not start accepting anything you say and become aggressive. For women I found them more open to talk while some would become silent and tell me not to talk about said things which I respect and I do not go looking to speak about religion but if I am ask to pray I usually respond with what I can do instead or things as such. I think its a bit tricky but in the end I found more women are open to leaving religion if I do get their curiosity peaked in the subject. Most I talked to were told atheists were evil creatures whom devour kittens on a regular basis. I change thir opinions and they start wondering and asking why I am an atheist or then inviting me to their church but when I asked them what they believe they seem stumped. They recite things they are told whether it be Jesus or Muhammed but when I continue to ask they begin to question themselves. I let them off from their and just let them continue to ponder on religion but it has resulted with their minds changing on the subject and them either becoming spiritual but not religious or not religious entirely.

I don't know if I should be doing this though. I don't want to feel like I am converting people because I want to and I don't want to change their minds or force them to. So to me it is a dilemma but I have seen much more women change their minds compared to only a handful of men.

Maybe I don't have Girly's body to convince them ;P But teasing aside, I believe it drastically varies on a multitude of things and if its equal on all fronts with just gender being the difference, I believe that it simply wouldn't matter much on gender but we do not live in a world like that so I can only provide that in similar circumstances I think we can change anybody's mind as long as they are accepting of a new idea. Which is actually an old idea but to them its largely new since most theists I know think Atheists are Satan worshipers.

That we are not and I make sure to reiterate we make fun of a goat headed man as much as any other God we have ever created.

Besides the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Parmesan be upon him.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
28-05-2014, 01:56 AM
I voted for the situation being easier when the believer is male. In heterosexual relationships where to believer is non-abusive, anyhow.

It seems like Christian men are more likely to have personality traits conducive to a long-term relationship, such as being monogamous and family-oriented. It seems easier for man to take advantage of a religious woman by lying to her about wanting to be a father/wanting to convert/what-have-you.

Just because I can foresee it happening.....PLEASE don't quote my post and try to convince me that anything I said was sexist. We are talking in generalities here, and I didn't say anything that isn't generally true. Sleepy

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days