Poll: When a non-believer is dating a Theist, is it easier when...
...the believer is a female?
...the believer is a male?
[it makes no difference]
[Show Results]

Dating a Theist, easier for a guy or a girl?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2014, 02:24 AM
RE: Dating a Theist, easier for a guy or a girl?
(28-05-2014 01:56 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I voted for the situation being easier when the believer is male. In heterosexual relationships where to believer is non-abusive, anyhow.

It seems like Christian men are more likely to have personality traits conducive to a long-term relationship, such as being monogamous and family-oriented. It seems easier for man to take advantage of a religious woman by lying to her about wanting to be a father/wanting to convert/what-have-you.

Just because I can foresee it happening.....PLEASE don't quote my post and try to convince me that anything I said was sexist. We are talking in generalities here, and I didn't say anything that isn't generally true. Sleepy

Ok, ok, I'll stay of the sexist thing, but . . ..

I can't however let you get away with your conviction that what you are saying is generally true. False, false, I cry false.

Your statement, "it seems like" is not a credible opening to a generalization. Now I can go on and on from there, but you seem sensitive. Weeping

Ok, I've said my peace, and since you don't want to talk about sexism then I'm done. Big Grin

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2014, 02:53 AM
The op wanted everyone to discuss their own personal opinion of this subject, and what I wrote was my honest opinion.

Oh, and claiming that a concept is not a credible generalization in exact same post that you make an assertion with no supporting points of your own....isn't credible. I could go on, but you seem passive aggressive to the point that it would completely derail the conversation.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
28-05-2014, 03:14 AM
(28-05-2014 02:53 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  The op wanted everyone to discuss their own personal opinion of this subject, and what I wrote was my honest opinion.

Oh, and claiming that a concept is not a credible generalization in exact same post that you make an assertion with no supporting points of your own....isn't credible. I could go on, but you seem passive aggressive to the point that it would completely derail the conversation.

I said, your statement, "it seems like" is not a credible opening to a generalization.

You absolutely invited a comment on your post so I gave you one. It really was all in good fun, I thought. Sadcryface

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
28-05-2014, 03:23 AM
I couldn't get a religious girl to date me if I tried, not a true believer anyway, as I'm rabidly anti-theistic, enjoy conversations on taboo subjects, and utterly refuse to placate people who are in disagreement with matters of demonstrable fact.

It's ironically easy to get them in bed though a fact that consistently entertains me, but I digress.

So I don't really have the personal experience to form a solid argument on the subject but I will say this: I have brought WAY more men to atheism then I have ladies even though I spend more time with the later then the former.
I don't know what causes it ( I have hypotheses though) but they seem to hold on to it much much tighter.

Just an observation though, not empirical by any means.
28-05-2014, 03:43 AM
(28-05-2014 03:14 AM)Dee Wrote:  It really was all in good fun, I thought. Sadcryface

YOUR FACE, BITCH.

Ok. Sorry. I'm just used to everyone on the internet being a dick. Angel

(28-05-2014 03:23 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's ironically easy to get them in bed though a fact that consistently entertains me, but I digress.

Did I fucking call it, or what? Dodgy

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
28-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Go on tour in a band with Christian married men.

Your delusions will whither away and die.

Being Christian does not make one a non cheater.

I did not cheat because I considered it dishonest. And I am atheist.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
28-05-2014, 06:22 AM
(28-05-2014 05:58 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Being Christian does not make one a non cheater.

Due to the nature of the question asked, anything and everything that gets discussed in this thread could be dismissed with the argument of "Not every X will Y." There is no point in making arguments like that. The op asked us how we personally feel about the majority of interfaith couples.

28-05-2014, 06:27 AM
(28-05-2014 06:22 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(28-05-2014 05:58 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Being Christian does not make one a non cheater.

Due to the nature of the question asked, anything and everything that gets discussed in this thread could be dismissed with the argument of "Not every X will Y." There is no point in making arguments like that. The op asked us how we personally feel about the majority of interfaith couples.

"Don't you oppress me!"

I am responding to a post above where the idea Christian married men are less likely to cheat is postulated. This is an ongoing conversation. Read the interactions above.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-05-2014, 06:29 AM
I suppose the answer would depend a lot on just how 'theist' the theist is.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-05-2014, 08:45 AM
(27-05-2014 11:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Why marry or date a person to convert them?

It is reasonable to expect much conflict between such divergent world beliefs. So why do it???

I wasn't saying for the purpose of deconversion. Just a question about the scenario, and which one people think is the easiest.