Dating and Relationships

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 07:27 AM
RE: Dating and Relationships
I think it makes a huge difference meeting someone online if you aren't looking. For example just happening to meet someone on here when you aren't really looking is a lot different than using match.com or something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-04-2015, 07:56 AM
(29-04-2015 07:27 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I think it makes a huge difference meeting someone online if you aren't looking. For example just happening to meet someone on here when you aren't really looking is a lot different than using match.com or something.

I agree--much less pressure that way.
29-04-2015, 07:57 AM
(29-04-2015 06:38 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  An alternative to putting "Atheist" on your profile is to state "no religion". That may be less confronting to someone unfamiliar with the definition usually meant on the atheist scene and may also convey that information more effectively than "atheist" does.

That's a good point. I'll have to try that.
29-04-2015, 08:42 AM
(28-04-2015 06:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you're just getting out - consider staying out for a while.

Being single has it's moments .....

Plus - rebounds almost NEVER work out better than the relationship you just got out of.

Take a break - relax - enjoy yourself - do what YOU want to do for a while.....

Odds are you'll have more opportunities for new relationships flying at you from all angles.

Yeah, definitely not looking to rush into anything. Just looking to see what's out there. Did the rebound thing in the past----crash/burn.
29-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Re: Dating and Relationships
I find the truth is it's own screening process. First, I let drop that I'm a single mother of two. Most would-be dates run away screaming. Next, I announce my atheism- the religious nuts scurry away.

I pick from who's left standing. If they don't disappear into oblivion after I order a vegan meal, we might continue dating.

Big Grin Although I'm currently in a relationship, this method has worked well for me in the past.
[+] 3 users Like mecanna's post
29-04-2015, 08:51 AM
(29-04-2015 08:46 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I find the truth is it's own screening process. First, I let drop that I'm a single mother of two. Most would-be dates run away screaming. Next, I announce my atheism- the religious nuts scurry away.

I pick from who's left standing. If they don't disappear into oblivion after I order a vegan meal, we might continue dating.

Big Grin Although I'm currently in a relationship, this method has worked well for me in the past.

Too funny--good to know! Yeah, I'm vegan too--which is actually a plus to some people here in CA. But when I lived in other states, I did get the eye rolls when I would order a pizza with no cheese and whip out the nutritional yeast and daiya lol.
29-04-2015, 09:53 AM
(29-04-2015 08:46 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I find the truth is it's own screening process. First, I let drop that I'm a single mother of two. Most would-be dates run away screaming. Next, I announce my atheism- the religious nuts scurry away.

This is what I did. Put a whole bunch of "scary" stuff upfront so that I don't get stuck with somebody who is scared of atheists, thinks anime is "just for kids", or thinks a guy who doesn't like sports isn't a real guy. It's better to just speed things along.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
29-04-2015, 10:17 AM
(27-04-2015 06:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 06:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I am in the process of getting out of a long term relationship. Just wondering if anyone who is/was single out there found it hard to meet/date people as an atheist since so many people in society identify with christianity or some other religion?

We have some couples that formed here, we even have an official TTA baby.... you can also find local atheist groups here http://www.meetup.com/

TTA lowkey transformed into a dating website.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post