Dating as an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Dating as an Atheist
Hummmm... it won't let me reply to zellerscrossing's post. weird.

Here's my reply. Sorry for the blanks above.

Zellerscrossing,

You didn't have to remove it... maybe stick a smilie on it with his tongue sticking out to show snarkiness. Tongue

No worries. I was just shaking my finger at you. Big Grin

Heatheness

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2015, 07:18 PM
(12-12-2015 02:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I could pretend to be Jewish for one of those IDF girls. Beyond that, being atheist has always been the least of my issues in regards to dating Tongue

I'm not an IDF girl, but I would still love to see you try that. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
12-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I am a retired American, somewhere along the line i learned SPanish pretty well, far from perfect, but quite well. I moved to the Dominican Republic upon retirement. Most of the people here think of themselves as Catholic, but none I have met really have any idea of what that means. But women in their 40's who are willing to live with a retired man and do the cooking and cleaning bedrooming and all that stuff in exchange for the man having a pension of maybe $1000 or more are a plenty. We just never talk about the Sky Guy or Sky Guy Jr or the third member of the group aka the spook. Works for me, but some may need an intellectual partner and that is left out of my type of relationship.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
12-12-2015, 07:27 PM
I don't know what I would do on the dating scene again (I'm married for a long time, to an atheist), but I think it does help to figure out where atheism fits in your wish list for people to date. If you have other criteria that are more important, go for those first, and be ready to be surprised in any case.

If atheism is at the top of your list, then maybe it's a good idea to try for a relationship online, no matter where the other person is located, and then work out the logistics. If you have other passions, like sports or a hobby, then look for someone who shares those and go from there.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
12-12-2015, 07:37 PM
"Shouldn't discuss politics or religion" is the worst bit of advice.

If you are looking to find someone to be serious with why wouldn't you get that out of the way?
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-12-2015, 08:00 PM
(12-12-2015 07:27 PM)julep Wrote:  I don't know what I would do on the dating scene again (I'm married for a long time, to an atheist), but I think it does help to figure out where atheism fits in your wish list for people to date. If you have other criteria that are more important, go for those first, and be ready to be surprised in any case.

If atheism is at the top of your list, then maybe it's a good idea to try for a relationship online, no matter where the other person is located, and then work out the logistics. If you have other passions, like sports or a hobby, then look for someone who shares those and go from there.

I meet the best guys online! In spite of the distance, you can really get to know a person's core personality quite well before you decide to meet them.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
12-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Dating as an Atheist
I'm with Hobbit on this one. If you think it's important, you need to discuss it. Back when I was a believer, someone convinced me to try meeting someone (not dating) on a site. It wanted to connect me with a woman who said the most important person in her life was Jesus, she wanted a father for her son, hated movies, hated books except the Bible, and hated TV. She actually said she always stayed home reading the Bible or going to church.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
13-12-2015, 12:05 AM
(12-12-2015 07:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 02:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I could pretend to be Jewish for one of those IDF girls. Beyond that, being atheist has always been the least of my issues in regards to dating Tongue

I'm not an IDF girl, but I would still love to see you try that. Smile

Blush I had to google IDF. I thought maybe it stood for I Don't Fuck.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Okcupid, I said that in my profile. Didnt seem to be a problem.

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2015, 07:23 AM
(12-12-2015 11:08 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm with Hobbit on this one. If you think it's important, you need to discuss it. Back when I was a believer, someone convinced me to try meeting someone (not dating) on a site. It wanted to connect me with a woman who said the most important person in her life was Jesus, she wanted a father for her son, hated movies, hated books except the Bible, and hated TV. She actually said she always stayed home reading the Bible or going to church.

What a small, sad life she has. Undecided

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post