Dating in the theocratic republic of America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Dating in the theocratic republic of America
Don't think my SO would approve of me dating..Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-08-2016, 08:09 AM
(27-08-2016 08:58 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 07:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  As soon as you find that an individual is a lying asshole, exit, stage right. I've been married for 35 years, so I can't offer much more than that, in the way of advice.
Congratulations on your lasting marriage!

Yeah its hard dating in the south but luckily some of the few atheist men I talked to have been cool. Christian ones not so much. Meh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It takes a strong sense of self to be a theist and not a duplicitous bastige. They may not reveal the duplicity right away, but it will happen.
We have some shining examples as members here. I will not mention names, but these people have this sense of self, the belief is theirs alone, they are comfortable with others being who they are.
They are not blown this way and that by the crap that comes from the establishment. All just my opinion.
[+] 5 users Like skyking's post
28-08-2016, 08:11 AM
I've dated a few religious guys, but I wasn't raised religious so I find strict observance to be tedious and annoying. I prefer to be the religious one and set the tone for religion in my relationships. The sweet spot is a guy who is culturally Jewish with a strong respect for Judaism, but who is not necessarily a theist. Someone who can appreciate doing the holidays, but otherwise lives a secular lifestyle. Most secular Jews are atheist, agnostic, or deist, so that tends to be the type of guy I cleave toward.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
28-08-2016, 08:26 AM
I can't imagine dating religious girl as I despise religion. The problem is that it is hard to find girl who don't believe in Poland and ignorant catholics are driving me crazy.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
28-08-2016, 08:31 AM
(28-08-2016 08:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I can't imagine dating religious girl as I despise religion. The problem is that it is hard to find girl who don't believe in Poland and ignorant catholics are driving me crazy.

I thought Europe is more secular. Is Poland an exception or do you prefer only to date girls who are strictly atheist verus a girl who falls on the theism spectrum, even though she may be secular?
28-08-2016, 08:42 AM
(28-08-2016 08:31 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 08:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I can't imagine dating religious girl as I despise religion. The problem is that it is hard to find girl who don't believe in Poland and ignorant catholics are driving me crazy.

I thought Europe is more secular. Is Poland an exception or do you prefer only to date girls who are strictly atheist verus a girl who falls on the theism spectrum, even though she may be secular?

Europe in general may be though it depend on specific country. Poland is far from being secular, vide blasphemy laws still being in effect and church in general having much influence in politics.

As for girls - catholics are over 90% of population so atheists are hard to find. Also polish religiosity is simply obnoxious with it's better than thou attitude and authoritarian tendencies. It leave me with not much place to maneuvr - I can't stand religion. I would be able to find a girl falling somewhere low in theism spectrum but I'm not interested in such, as being ignorant about religious matters does not make one less willing to be preachy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
28-08-2016, 08:49 AM
(28-08-2016 08:11 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I've dated a few religious guys, but I wasn't raised religious so I find strict observance to be tedious and annoying. I prefer to be the religious one and set the tone for religion in my relationships. The sweet spot is a guy who is culturally Jewish with a strong respect for Judaism, but who is not necessarily a theist. Someone who can appreciate doing the holidays, but otherwise lives a secular lifestyle. Most secular Jews are atheist, agnostic, or deist, so that tends to be the type of guy I cleave toward.

Have you ever dated a gentile, or whatever we non-Jews are called? (I don't know if gentile is the correct word)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-08-2016, 09:01 AM
(28-08-2016 08:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 08:11 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I've dated a few religious guys, but I wasn't raised religious so I find strict observance to be tedious and annoying. I prefer to be the religious one and set the tone for religion in my relationships. The sweet spot is a guy who is culturally Jewish with a strong respect for Judaism, but who is not necessarily a theist. Someone who can appreciate doing the holidays, but otherwise lives a secular lifestyle. Most secular Jews are atheist, agnostic, or deist, so that tends to be the type of guy I cleave toward.

Have you ever dated a gentile, or whatever we non-Jews are called? (I don't know if gentile is the correct word)

Several, but it was before I started studying Torah. What I found was that the cultural disconnect was always too big a factor to overlook. My best friend (since childhood) was raised in a fundy Christian family... I love her, respect her, and value her from head to toe, but I couldn't date her. Jewish culture is different and I always feel that gap when I'm with someone not from my background. I'm not interested in accommodating his culture and he shouldn't have to change to accomodate mine.
28-08-2016, 09:03 AM
(27-08-2016 08:58 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 07:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  As soon as you find that an individual is a lying asshole, exit, stage right. I've been married for 35 years, so I can't offer much more than that, in the way of advice.
Congratulations on your lasting marriage!

Yeah its hard dating in the south but luckily some of the few atheist men I talked to have been cool. Christian ones not so much. Meh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks! It hasn't been easy, but one thing we don't do is lie to each other. Lying could have been a real deal breaker.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
28-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Watching Barbara Striesand on Sunday morning and laughing about the culture. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post