Dating problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Dating problems
Do you have a crush, boyfriend, or a girlfriend? Maybe you have two and just can't learn to manage them? Post here!
If you have any dating problems that you think other teens might be experiencing and want some insight, advice or commentary from other teens, post here.

If you don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend, please feel free to post about anything you might want to know about, or want advice about?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2012, 06:39 PM
RE: Dating problems
(21-09-2012 12:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ......I'm not good enough at social stuff to be invited to events of said nature so the chances of your suggested action are highly unlikely!
Weeping

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
28-11-2012, 06:44 PM
(28-11-2012 06:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 12:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ......I'm not good enough at social stuff to be invited to events of said nature so the chances of your suggested action are highly unlikely!
Weeping
I am sure your Jew fro gets the ladies, Matty.

28-11-2012, 07:28 PM
My girlfriend is wondering if my atheism makes me less emotional, seeing as sometimes I say that emotional appeals do nothing for me. She talked to me about how it needs to stop, and that emotions are important.

She also is hinting that she wants me to buy something, any suggestions?

28-11-2012, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 07:55 PM by fstratzero.)
(28-11-2012 07:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  My girlfriend is wondering if my atheism makes me less emotional, seeing as sometimes I say that emotional appeals do nothing for me. She talked to me about how it needs to stop, and that emotions are important.

She also is hinting that she wants me to buy something, any suggestions?
I think that doubting your own emotions, simply means you do not react to situations purely on emotions. That you step back and reason through things, research, understand and then overcome.

Not a bad way to life. In fact I see it as a positive thing.

So I'd explain it to her like that, and that we don't always trust our emotions and thoughts right away.

"Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
28-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I agree with fstrat on that, and I also see it as a positive thing, since it means you're less likely to be deceived and make dumb decisions based on emotion; rather, you're likely to think things through calmly and rationally first.

But then, I'm a person who is unemotional to a fault (according to others, including ex-boyfriend) so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. ^_^

But I imagine Ato's GF's real problem is she thinks because he isn't influenced by emotion appeal in argument, he somehow can't form emotional attachments to other people, which is not necessarily the case.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't see the issues that girls have with guys. I've dated a couple (guys) and haven't noticed anything. Then again I'm a guy so I probably won't notice.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
28-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Just a friendly reminder that this Thread is in the Teen Forum.

It's much cuter to watch them when they're talking amongst themselves and they forget that the adults are watching. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Lol Erxomai (pedo Big Grin)

I can honestly say there isn't a single girl that is a decent person AND good looking, so my desire for a girlfriend has pretty much burnt out (for now). If you are looking for the ride though all you need to do is ask the friendly neighbourhood slut. Quite a lot of them actually.

I've found I've gotten a lot more picky though. Before I would find a bit of beauty in everyone, now when I look around I can honestly say I don't find a single one of them genuinely beautiful.

Maybe I'm turning gay Consider
29-11-2012, 05:38 PM
(29-11-2012 04:44 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Lol Erxomai (pedo Big Grin)

I can honestly say there isn't a single girl that is a decent person AND good looking, so my desire for a girlfriend has pretty much burnt out (for now). If you are looking for the ride though all you need to do is ask the friendly neighbourhood slut. Quite a lot of them actually.

I've found I've gotten a lot more picky though. Before I would find a bit of beauty in everyone, now when I look around I can honestly say I don't find a single one of them genuinely beautiful.

Maybe I'm turning gay Consider
Are you finding boys beautiful?