Dating problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2013, 12:10 AM
RE: Dating problems
Oh look, people I don't know, maybe I'll get an objective opinion, or not, but fuck it I'm going to tell you my love woes anyway because going to bed is overrated anyways and I need an excuse to not go to church tomorrow. Yaaay

So, a few months ago I got involved with this girl, lets call her "B". So, I've known B for about 5 or 6 years but never really got to know her (We're in the same class). But eventually over the course of a year I got a crush on her, but I was too much of a pussy to do anything about (Social anxiety and all that bullshit). But then suddenly prom is in couple of months and I get the itch up my ass: "hey, I should ask her to prom". But like I said before I'm too much of a pussy. I told my friend...lets call him "F", about it, and he pushed me into it. And she told me yes. So, naturally, having never had a girl into me before, I was psyched. For about a month we didn't talk much, but then i got her phone number and we started texting...a lot. and over the course of several weeks (still before prom), we get really lovey dovey with each other. Then prom night finally rolls around, and it went fairly smoothly, I took her to a very nice restaurant, bought her roses, got pictures taken and all the usual prom bullshit. The next morning she texts me and tells me she had a great time, so, out of naivety, I ask her to another date, and she said yes. We set to a few weeks after prom (too soon in hindsight), and things are fine until a couple weeks before the date. She got all distant and less "lovey" and often responded to my affection with apathy. Then, on the morning of the date, she called me and gave me a "Dear John" speech saying how it could never work out and I need to move on (normal break up bullshit).

I ended up spending that day and the following day crying my balls off. I eventually worked up the courage to call her and tell her that we could work it out and such (same desperate "I don't wanna leave you" bullshit). She told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, so I told her I would wait, and she told me she only wanted to be friends (FRIENDZONE STRIKES AGAIN!). But I had fallen desperately in love with her by that point, so the thought of being "just friends" was unbearable to me. So we went a couple of weeks without talking, and then we agreed to be friends again, for a while..... Then I told her I had strong feelings for her and being friends was really hard (I'm starting to sound like a child, Huh? yaay teenage hormones) and I don't thing I could do, but then I went back again and asked to be friends but then I got a nasty text from B's brother telling me to fuck off. So naturally I did what the man told me, I fucked off. Weeks go by and I ask her to be friends again (with her brother gone off to active duty and out of the picture) and she agreed, So that actually works out for quite a while. We managed to stay friends for a couple of months before, I got overrun with emotions and told her (again *sigh*) what I felt, and she told me to never speak to her again. And now I'm here.

Having written all of this down, I realized how petty the whole thing was and I'm rather ashamed about how I acted. Yaaay High School Drama.

Now mock me for my childish naivety and pettiness.

[Image: 1229591337-1-1.jpg?t=1348531853]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2013, 01:04 AM
(16-06-2013 12:10 AM)JianBlade Wrote:  Oh look, people I don't know, maybe I'll get an objective opinion, or not, but fuck it I'm going to tell you my love woes anyway because going to bed is overrated anyways and I need an excuse to not go to church tomorrow. Yaaay

So, a few months ago I got involved with this girl, lets call her "B". So, I've known B for about 5 or 6 years but never really got to know her (We're in the same class). But eventually over the course of a year I got a crush on her, but I was too much of a pussy to do anything about (Social anxiety and all that bullshit). But then suddenly prom is in couple of months and I get the itch up my ass: "hey, I should ask her to prom". But like I said before I'm too much of a pussy. I told my friend...lets call him "F", about it, and he pushed me into it. And she told me yes. So, naturally, having never had a girl into me before, I was psyched. For about a month we didn't talk much, but then i got her phone number and we started texting...a lot. and over the course of several weeks (still before prom), we get really lovey dovey with each other. Then prom night finally rolls around, and it went fairly smoothly, I took her to a very nice restaurant, bought her roses, got pictures taken and all the usual prom bullshit. The next morning she texts me and tells me she had a great time, so, out of naivety, I ask her to another date, and she said yes. We set to a few weeks after prom (too soon in hindsight), and things are fine until a couple weeks before the date. She got all distant and less "lovey" and often responded to my affection with apathy. Then, on the morning of the date, she called me and gave me a "Dear John" speech saying how it could never work out and I need to move on (normal break up bullshit).

I ended up spending that day and the following day crying my balls off. I eventually worked up the courage to call her and tell her that we could work it out and such (same desperate "I don't wanna leave you" bullshit). She told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, so I told her I would wait, and she told me she only wanted to be friends (FRIENDZONE STRIKES AGAIN!). But I had fallen desperately in love with her by that point, so the thought of being "just friends" was unbearable to me. So we went a couple of weeks without talking, and then we agreed to be friends again, for a while..... Then I told her I had strong feelings for her and being friends was really hard (I'm starting to sound like a child, Huh? yaay teenage hormones) and I don't thing I could do, but then I went back again and asked to be friends but then I got a nasty text from B's brother telling me to fuck off. So naturally I did what the man told me, I fucked off. Weeks go by and I ask her to be friends again (with her brother gone off to active duty and out of the picture) and she agreed, So that actually works out for quite a while. We managed to stay friends for a couple of months before, I got overrun with emotions and told her (again *sigh*) what I felt, and she told me to never speak to her again. And now I'm here.

Having written all of this down, I realized how petty the whole thing was and I'm rather ashamed about how I acted. Yaaay High School Drama.

Now mock me for my childish naivety and pettiness.
Dude, I am going through a tough time with a girl I knew for practically my whole life. Your situation is a lot better than mine.

Hang strong.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
16-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Nah, I'm going to stop while ahead

[Image: 1229591337-1-1.jpg?t=1348531853]