Daughter not christian enough

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: Daughter not christian enough
(01-12-2014 05:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 05:49 PM)wazzel Wrote:  [/smartass] Why ease her out? Take her to a Westboro Baptist event. That should speed things along. [/smartass]

I actually thought of "god hates fags "signs those idiots carry.

Well people like Westboro made me question my Christianity a lot. One of many things that lead to my study and eventual deconversion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
01-12-2014, 08:15 PM
(01-12-2014 02:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  As some of you may know, my daughter was recently married after the gay marriage ban was lifted in Indiana.
I found out today that she has been getting some less-than-happy feeback from some family members on her son's fathers side.
They think her lifestyle will reflect badly on them, and that she is going to hell.
My quick reply to her was"fuck their opinions and fuck god too".
I'll talk to her later today and try to explain some of the passages in the bible that speak of homosexuality.
She was pretty heavy into church, maybe I can turn her to the dark side. Thumbsup

I hope you can get her to disregard church and god in her life, it's this condemning crap that really hurts people. Church is not a good place to be if you don't fit too well into their demeaning sheep pen.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
01-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Pablo, does she know you're an atheist?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
03-12-2014, 04:06 AM
(01-12-2014 08:19 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Pablo, does she know you're an atheist?

I just told her the other day.
03-12-2014, 05:14 AM
(03-12-2014 04:06 AM)pablo Wrote:  

Perhaps she can take comfort in the fact that according to holy scripture you and she are both going to hell?

Consider

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
03-12-2014, 07:10 AM
(03-12-2014 05:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps she can take comfort in the fact that according to holy scripture you and she are both going to hell?

Consider

Here's one for you Muffs (being our resident entrepreneur-wannabe), why not open a shop just called "Hell"... if you marketed it right it could be quite fun... Become a bit of a laugh thing, that when people tell you you're going to hell they mean you're going to the shop...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
03-12-2014, 07:20 AM
(01-12-2014 02:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  As some of you may know, my daughter was recently married after the gay marriage ban was lifted in Indiana.
I found out today that she has been getting some less-than-happy feeback from some family members on her son's fathers side.
They think her lifestyle will reflect badly on them, and that she is going to hell.
My quick reply to her was"fuck their opinions and fuck god too".
I'll talk to her later today and try to explain some of the passages in the bible that speak of homosexuality.
She was pretty heavy into church, maybe I can turn her to the dark side. Thumbsup

A few years ago I was working at a private Christian school that was connected to a snobby country club- er, I mean, baptist church. Sometimes I get those two things mixed up. ANYWAY, one day I was standing around talking with a few other teachers, and one of the teachers was talking about her son who was in middle school. She was worried about him because he wasn't worshiping at church, he would just stand there blankly. She wanted him to sing and be heartfelt. One of the older ladies in the group spoke up and said "Well, it could be worse. He could be a homosexual."
Obviously that judgmental attitude is very upsetting, but personally I was amused by that response. Even as a Christian, I thought that was a twisted way of thinking and I laughed to myself at the blatant judgment. My initial thought was "So, it would be better for someone to be uninterested in Jesus than to be gay?"

Bottom line: fuck them. Big Grin

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
03-12-2014, 07:24 AM
(03-12-2014 07:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 05:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps she can take comfort in the fact that according to holy scripture you and she are both going to hell?

Consider

Here's one for you Muffs (being our resident entrepreneur-wannabe), why not open a shop just called "Hell"... if you marketed it right it could be quite fun... Become a bit of a laugh thing, that when people tell you you're going to hell they mean you're going to the shop...

"You're going to hell!"

"Well not today but I go there all the time!"

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
03-12-2014, 08:31 AM
(03-12-2014 07:24 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  "Well not today but I go there all the time!"

Some of us actually have been to Hell. You can even play putt-putt golf there. Thumbsup

http://www.gotohellmi.com/

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
(03-12-2014 04:06 AM)pablo Wrote:  

Interesting, did she take it ok? Just wondering about your chances of a deconversion here Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post