Poll: Do you think the Church(Vatican) will survive for the next 10 or 20 years?
Yes
No
I don't know...
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
David Cameron says the UK is a Christian country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2011, 01:41 PM
David Cameron says the UK is a Christian country
I'm surprised that no one did a thread on this. Cameron(twat) thinks UK is a Christian Country(It's still technical is)
But I feel with church attendance going down and the cases of priests rapping children, it won't be a Christian country for very long. People are starting to lose trust of the Church. Maybe in 10 or 20 years the Church of England might be abolished(Wishful thinking).

Exciting news!Big Grin(Well for me)
Quote:How religious is the UK?

Christian: 72%
No religion: 16%
Muslim: 3%
Hindu: 1%
Figures from 2001 Census
In British Attitudes Survey in 2010, 43% were Christian and 51% no religion

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like tazmin98's post
18-12-2011, 02:44 PM
RE: David Cameron says the UK is a Christian country
I hate Cameron the idiots who elected him and the back stabbing lib dems with a passion.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
18-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Well, the monarch is the titular head of the Anglican Church, state religion.

Sounds like a Christian country to me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2011, 05:02 PM
(18-12-2011 01:41 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I'm surprised that no one did a thread on this. Cameron(twat) thinks UK is a Christian Country(It's still technical is)
But I feel with church attendance going down and the cases of priests rapping children, it won't be a Christian country for very long. People are starting to lose trust of the Church. Maybe in 10 or 20 years the Church of England might be abolished(Wishful thinking).

Exciting news!Big Grin(Well for me)
Quote:How religious is the UK?

Christian: 72%
No religion: 16%
Muslim: 3%
Hindu: 1%
Figures from 2001 Census
In British Attitudes Survey in 2010, 43% were Christian and 51% no religion

Our avowed atheist P.M. Julia Gillard bowed to Liz when the old "royal " visited recently.

I am not anti the ineffable god ...but find the parasitic, incestuous, blue blooded, weird and filthy rich monarcy distinctly unpleasant. Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
18-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I think the only way that Christianity would die off in the UK faster is if they stopped teaching it in state schools. Whilst there is suffering in the world though we will never see the end of religions.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-12-2011, 09:42 PM
(18-12-2011 05:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think the only way that Christianity would die off in the UK faster is if they stopped teaching it in state schools. Whilst there is suffering in the world though we will never see the end of religions.

Don't you mean if the Government stop funding state faith schools?

[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
19-12-2011, 11:27 AM
In all Christians, there is a certain level of belief. In some, even if non-disputable evidence came out that proved there isn't a god, faith would still hold. In the last couple of years, people who are willing to change their perceptions have lost faith. I don't see The other group changing at all. Just because Christians aren't the majority doesn't mean that the Vatican will go away any time soon.

Of course, I'm not very knowledgeable about the Vatican either. Do they actually have political power or just power in their religious followers?
19-12-2011, 01:24 PM
(19-12-2011 11:27 AM)garretj26 Wrote:  Of course, I'm not very knowledgeable about the Vatican either. Do they actually have political power or just power in their religious followers?

I don't think the vatican has any pull in the UK other than telling catholics what to think and how to live their lifes.
Although recently in scotland there is debate about legalising gay marrage, Gay couples can legally enter a civil partnership but the catholic church here is against a change to the law allowing gay couples to marry, and has been organising some small protests against it.
So they have some power here but only over some followers.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
19-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Yes, the UK is in the interesting position of having its head of state who's also head of the church.

PS: every time I hear Church of England I can't help but think of this:

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
[+] 2 users Like sy2502's post
19-12-2011, 01:44 PM
(19-12-2011 01:37 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  Yes, the UK is in the interesting position of having its head of state who's also head of the church.

PS: every time I hear Church of England I can't help but think of this:

Haha! I love Eddie!

[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post