Poll: Do you think the Church(Vatican) will survive for the next 10 or 20 years?
Yes
No
I don't know...
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
David Cameron says the UK is a Christian country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2011, 02:31 PM
RE: David Cameron says the UK is a Christian country
Apart from me, tazmin and bemore, are any of the rest of you from the UK?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 03:14 PM
(19-12-2011 02:31 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Apart from me, tazmin and bemore, are any of the rest of you from the UK?

I am not from the UK.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
19-12-2011, 05:02 PM
He was trawling for votes, probably was worth quite a few as well at the moment.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
19-12-2011, 06:04 PM
(19-12-2011 05:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  He was trawling for votes, probably was worth quite a few as well at the moment.

He must have seen the opinion polls, he's getting desperate. It also sounds like hes starting to play into the christians are victims bs that certain american presidential candidates are playing up to, to get people scared enough to vote for him in desperation.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
19-12-2011, 06:05 PM

(18-12-2011 05:02 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(18-12-2011 01:41 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I'm surprised that no one did a thread on this. Cameron(twat) thinks UK is a Christian Country(It's still technical is)
But I feel with church attendance going down and the cases of priests rapping children, it won't be a Christian country for very long. People are starting to lose trust of the Church. Maybe in 10 or 20 years the Church of England might be abolished(Wishful thinking).

Exciting news!Big Grin(Well for me)
Quote:How religious is the UK?

Christian: 72%
No religion: 16%
Muslim: 3%
Hindu: 1%
Figures from 2001 Census
In British Attitudes Survey in 2010, 43% were Christian and 51% no religion

Our avowed atheist P.M. Julia Gillard bowed to Liz when the old "royal " visited recently.

I am not anti the ineffable god ...but find the parasitic, incestuous, blue blooded, weird and filthy rich monarcy distinctly unpleasant. Undecided
Didn't she also make that horrible speech/statement arguing Australia was founded on judeo-christian/christian values. *reminded of Wilders* Rolleyes

Sell out. Sleepy
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Recently, I saw Ricky Gervais on the Graham Norton Show and he was saying that the UK population was 45% atheist. I don't know what his source was, tho.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
20-12-2011, 04:06 AM
I heard something about this on Sunday 18th - I caught a glipse of BBC Red button news which said "Britain should be proud to be a Christian nation" I couldn't believe that prat could get any more annoying! Angry
20-12-2011, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 12:51 PM by tazmin98.)
(19-12-2011 06:04 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(19-12-2011 05:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  He was trawling for votes, probably was worth quite a few as well at the moment.

He must have seen the opinion polls, he's getting desperate. It also sounds like hes starting to play into the christians are victims bs that certain american presidential candidates are playing up to, to get people scared enough to vote for him in desperation.

That's kinda scary but I think a lot of people are ignoring what he's spewing out.
(20-12-2011 03:34 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Recently, I saw Ricky Gervais on the Graham Norton Show and he was saying that the UK population was 45% atheist. I don't know what his source was, tho.

I think it was from the census.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
21-12-2011, 06:28 AM
It's the olde bang a drum for the Daily Mail readers weekly crap.
He has a wee list of things to go through, this week it was God. Next week we will back to immigration then I think it's benefit cheats.
Cameron is a very rich man who knows nothing of the real world and goes by what his opinion polls and spin doctors tell him. He is in short an arse.
21-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Jakes on him. The UK isn't a country.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain