David, The Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
19-10-2012, 09:17 AM
RE: David, The Theist
(19-10-2012 09:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  Not generalizations, General. Factually correct data made from observing atheists in the wild doncherknow ? Laughat

Exactly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2012, 09:17 AM
(19-10-2012 09:00 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 08:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Try harder David The Conflicted Gay Theist.

I was once a contributor to Sam Harris' Project Reason Scripture Project until they figured out I didn't agree with them, and when the forum started up I posted my article on hell there, which they loved until they found out I was a believer, then a regular poster there named John started accusing me of being homophobic. In GREAT BIG subject headings: BIGOT AND HOMOPHOBIC BIBLE THUMPER!

So I told him I was gay and he started posting GREAT BIG subject headings: FAG! QUEER! and all sorts of homophobic insults and jokes.

Project Reason.

It always amuses me when, in the guise of intellectual pursuit or scientific advancement, atheists are so emotionally blinded to the very reason they wish to promote.

Fail again, David the Conflicted Gay Theist. I am gay also. !! I am not homophobic. You are, in your own way. Your generation finds that so utterly unacceptable, you NEED to figure out a way to weasel your way around it. (I have not stated so, in open here, before this. So, it's Bucky's "coming out day" I guess.) I'm sure many know this. Erxomai and I have discussed this, before, so he can verify the fact. (Thanks Erx, and others in PM's for your kind support, and wise words). (I wanted to establish my credibility before someone made an issue of that.)
I am not an a-theist, Since no one, anywhere, can provide a coherent definition of "god", just as you have not, saying "I doing not believe" something which is "undefined" is irrational.
(Your "hell" article is "hellish" BTW, and is 100% entirely circular.
Hell is impossible for the reasons I posted yesterday. There is no "time", no "combustible fuel", no "suffering" possible without time, etc etc etc.

Have a great day, David The Conflicted Gay Theist. I need to go. My new, (and first ever) boyfriend wants to go out for breakfast, and go surfing, before he has to go to football practice. You have one life. You're wasting it, on bullshit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I would like proof that the resurrection happened, not proof that someone thought it did at that time (and so many contradictions of how they thought it happened BTW- says so in my King James), all because they wrote it down on a proper date.

How about the proof that Adam is not a story from so long ago- and not just something someone said, so long ago.

How come I can't follow other credible religious stories and history from around the world, dated so nicely? The Mayan have a better chance with their prediction of the end of the world in December than the Bible does for a heaven and hell.

Just because a mythical story happened so long ago doesn't mean everything said was true.

Imagine years from now people found evidence that Houdini was a magician and we all believed this- in reality he is an illusionist.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
19-10-2012, 09:21 AM
(19-10-2012 09:03 AM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  Even if the argument from authority were an acceptable form of argument, Mr Newton studied alchemy, so LOL!

Good point, and something to think about. He also adjusted data to support his theory. Philosophical Transactions.
19-10-2012, 09:34 AM
(19-10-2012 09:15 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Your question: Was Adam a real person? Yes. He was listed in the legal genealogy as a father to children, therefore we can safely assume that he was, at least according to the writers of the Bible, a real person. He was referenced as a real person by future writers of the Bible. They didn't think of him as allegorical.
Having lived thousands of years after the (supposed) death of Adam, none of the authors of the OT could have had any remotely reliable source for his existence. Furthermore, you have not answered my question as to whether or not you think that evolution occured.

(19-10-2012 09:15 AM)The Theist Wrote:  So if there were extrabiblical sources how reliable might they be? Compared to the Bible? There are no extrabiblical sources that can compare to the Bible.
That's true. Extrabiblical sources do not rely on circular reasoning to prove their validity.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-10-2012, 09:57 AM
(19-10-2012 09:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 09:00 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I was once a contributor to Sam Harris' Project Reason Scripture Project until they figured out I didn't agree with them, and when the forum started up I posted my article on hell there, which they loved until they found out I was a believer, then a regular poster there named John started accusing me of being homophobic. In GREAT BIG subject headings: BIGOT AND HOMOPHOBIC BIBLE THUMPER!

So I told him I was gay and he started posting GREAT BIG subject headings: FAG! QUEER! and all sorts of homophobic insults and jokes.

Project Reason.

It always amuses me when, in the guise of intellectual pursuit or scientific advancement, atheists are so emotionally blinded to the very reason they wish to promote.

Fail again, David the Conflicted Gay Theist. I am gay also. !! I am not homophobic. You are, in your own way. Your generation finds that so utterly unacceptable, you NEED to figure out a way to weasel your way around it. (I have not stated so, in open here, before this. So, it's Bucky's "coming out day" I guess.) I'm sure many know this. Erxomai and I have discussed this, before, so he can verify the fact. (Thanks Erx, and others in PM's for your kind support, and wise words). (I wanted to establish my credibility before someone made an issue of that.)
I am not an a-theist, Since no one, anywhere, can provide a coherent definition of "god", just as you have not, saying "I doing not believe" something which is "undefined" is irrational.
(Your "hell" article is "hellish" BTW, and is 100% entirely circular.
Hell is impossible for the reasons I posted yesterday. There is no "time", no "combustible fuel", no "suffering" possible without time, etc etc etc.

Have a great day, David The Conflicted Gay Theist. I need to go. My new, (and first ever) boyfriend wants to go out for breakfast, and go surfing, before he has to go to football practice. You have one life. You're wasting it, on bullshit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-10-2012, 11:19 AM
(18-10-2012 03:55 PM)cufflink Wrote:  First of all, about your use of "Jehovah God." "Jehovah" is a mistake. A goof. A laughable misunderstanding of Hebrew conventions. I posted a detailed explanation about this several months ago:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid159947

No it isn't. Jehovah is the English. In the English Jeremiah comes from the Hebrew Yirmeyah, Isaiah comes from the Hebrew Yeshayahu, and Jesus comes from the Hebrew Yehohshua, the Greek Iesous and the Latin Jesus.

What you and Bucky are doing in the thread you linked to, which I've responded to, is taking generic terms for God and confusing them for his personal name. Those generic terms you refer to are used in application to men, idols, angels, and pagan gods and goddesses. This is why I tried to stress the importance of understanding the very simple term god.

The atheist thinks there are no gods. There are billions of gods.

(18-10-2012 03:55 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
The Theist Wrote:God created Adam and Eve and they bore offspring as they were instructed. Some of them, due to sin, were and are homosexuals, rapists, murderers, alcoholic, blind, etc.

Blind? Blind people are blind because of sin? Huh

And you're equating gay people with rapists and murderers? Huh

I'm equating rapist, murderers and gays with people.

(18-10-2012 03:55 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Others have welcomed you here, and that's their right. I do not welcome you. You're a self-loathing, bigoted fool, and your ideas are vile.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
19-10-2012, 11:22 AM
earmuffs Wrote:

Clap
19-10-2012, 11:24 AM
(19-10-2012 11:19 AM)The Theist Wrote:  The atheist thinks there are no gods. There are billions of gods.
I have adressed a similar comment of yours earlier in this thread. The response remains the same.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-10-2012, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 11:34 AM by kingschosen.)
(19-10-2012 08:41 AM)The Theist Wrote:  What bridge are you trying to build? What do you mean by that? I certainly wouldn't want to destroy anything someone was trying to build.

A relationship of mutual respect and understanding between atheists and theists. An understanding that we aren't at odds with each other; we simply believe differently - and your beliefs are all right as well as mine because they are our own.

An understanding that theists shouldn't try to convert atheists through preaching and debate. A person cannot convert - that is God's job.

An understanding that theists should first build a relationship with others before sharing their beliefs, and to not force their beliefs onto anyone; and to only discuss beliefs if the other person asks.

I also try to promote that not all theists are:
1) unintelligent
2) arrogant
3) self promoting
4) closed minded
5) mental gymnasts
6) unwilling to have fair debates
7) try to prove a point through vague, complicated theological gibberish (opposite of lucid)

So far, this crusade on TTA has been wildly unsuccessful - as most theists violate these things multiple times in their intro post alone.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post