David, The Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
20-10-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:09 PM by Vosur.)
RE: David, The Theist
(20-10-2012 08:29 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 08:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Are you sure? Consider

Research, Vosur. [hint] Profile.
"When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck." [sic]

"Suppose you see a bird walking around in a farm yard. This bird has no label that says 'duck'. But the bird certainly looks like a duck. Also, he goes to the pond and you notice that he swims like a duck. Then he opens his beak and quacks like a duck. Well, by this time you have probably reached the conclusion that the bird is a duck, whether he's wearing a label or not." [sic]

Q.E.D.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 09:12 PM
(20-10-2012 08:39 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Please explain to me how believing like a JW but not calling yourself a JW makes you NOT a Jehovah's Witness?

I can claim that I'm a black guy all day long... heck, even deny in every way, shape, and form that I'm white... but that doesn't change the fact that I'm white.

Just because you deny a title doesn't magically make you not that thing.

If you believe like a JW, you're a JW.

Well, obviously you haven't had much experience with the JWs. There are no original thoughts or beliefs in modern day theology. We are, at least I am, discussing a thousands year old text. The JWs took from others, like the 7th day advents (Ptthhhttthh)

What they did do was remove the pagan bullshit most dumb ass Christians, such as yourself? cling doggedly to. I agree with that. So we are very similar.

I don't aggree with the idea that a phony group of stupid old men in Bethel NY speak in the name of Jehovah - saying they should be a part of wars and then saying they shouldn't. Saying organ transplants are cannibalism to Jehovah and then after thousands have died changing their mind.

Neutrality, vaccinations, organ transplants, blood transfusions.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are a Legal institution of false prophets. Their very baptism is a legal ceremony.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2012, 09:15 PM
(20-10-2012 09:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  "When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck." [sic]

From The Theist | The Pathway Machine Appendix

Christian Lehrer - (1828 - 1890)

Christian Lehrer (father of Christian Lehrer II) was born near the Elbe river in Magdeburg, Prussia in the summer of 1828. As a youngster he worked long and hard on his father's farm but seemed to have a good mind and always managed to pursue learning independently. When he was 12 years old his family was torn apart by the forced unification of the Lutheran and Reformed churches, and when 18 he left the family farm for Berlin due in part to religious persecution. He had become an atheist. In Berlin he becomes associated with the Turnverein, a socially and politically oriented group of gymnasts who instruct participants in the importance of exercise of the mind as well as the body. The group becomes heavily involved with the March Revolution in the German Confederation during 1848 - 1849. The aftermath of the failed revolution devastated the group. They were disbanded, their property confiscated and their leaders imprisoned or exiled. Many of the Turners migrated to the United States, including Christian. Though many of these clung to their political ideology and even fought in the American Civil War, Christian was politically disillusioned by the events of The German Revolution. He settled in the squalid tenements of New York working as a cigar maker and married Anne Dresner, who was also a recent German migrant. She died in the spring of 1850 giving birth to Christian Lehrer II. Upon her death Christian Sr. spiraled into an alcoholic despondency, though he did manage for 8 years to raise and educate his son in the importance of exercising the mind and body, as well as keeping a journal. He died in 1890 at the age of 62.
20-10-2012, 09:18 PM
(20-10-2012 09:15 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 09:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  "When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck." [sic]

From The Theist | The Pathway Machine Appendix

Christian Lehrer - (1828 - 1890)

Christian Lehrer (father of Christian Lehrer II) was born near the Elbe river in Magdeburg, Prussia in the summer of 1828. As a youngster he worked long and hard on his father's farm but seemed to have a good mind and always managed to pursue learning independently. When he was 12 years old his family was torn apart by the forced unification of the Lutheran and Reformed churches, and when 18 he left the family farm for Berlin due in part to religious persecution. He had become an atheist. In Berlin he becomes associated with the Turnverein, a socially and politically oriented group of gymnasts who instruct participants in the importance of exercise of the mind as well as the body. The group becomes heavily involved with the March Revolution in the German Confederation during 1848 - 1849. The aftermath of the failed revolution devastated the group. They were disbanded, their property confiscated and their leaders imprisoned or exiled. Many of the Turners migrated to the United States, including Christian. Though many of these clung to their political ideology and even fought in the American Civil War, Christian was politically disillusioned by the events of The German Revolution. He settled in the squalid tenements of New York working as a cigar maker and married Anne Dresner, who was also a recent German migrant. She died in the spring of 1850 giving birth to Christian Lehrer II. Upon her death Christian Sr. spiraled into an alcoholic despondency, though he did manage for 8 years to raise and educate his son in the importance of exercising the mind and body, as well as keeping a journal. He died in 1890 at the age of 62.
Care to elaborate on how the story of this man has anything to do with my post? I don't see how one relates to the other.

20-10-2012, 09:49 PM
(20-10-2012 09:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Care to elaborate on how the story of this man has anything to do with my post? I don't see how one relates to the other.

Nope. Its up to you.
20-10-2012, 10:07 PM
(20-10-2012 09:49 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Nope. Its up to you.
I'm the one who has to figure out what you wanted to express when you copypasted a completely unrelated text? Interesting. Consider

20-10-2012, 10:07 PM
I knew a David once.
Total cunt.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
20-10-2012, 10:10 PM
(20-10-2012 10:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I knew a David once.
Total cunt.

Was he a JW?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-10-2012, 10:19 PM
(20-10-2012 09:12 PM)The Theist Wrote:  The JWs took from others, like the 7th day advents (Ptthhhttthh)

What they did do was remove the pagan bullshit

You have a your facts wrong, again. The Witnesses still cling to old Pagan rituals (have you already forgotten my reply earlier sic ?) When they get married they wear wedding bands which is steeped in pagan ritual, not to mention honeymoons which come from a Babylonian tradition called "Honey Month" and also mention the names of the days and the months of the year which are from Pagan sources.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
20-10-2012, 10:49 PM
(20-10-2012 10:19 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 09:12 PM)The Theist Wrote:  The JWs took from others, like the 7th day advents (Ptthhhttthh)

What they did do was remove the pagan bullshit

You have a your facts wrong, again. The Witnesses still cling to old Pagan rituals (have you already forgotten my reply earlier sic ?) When they get married they wear wedding bands which is steeped in pagan ritual, not to mention honeymoons which come from a Babylonian tradition called "Honey Month" and also mention the names of the days and the months of the year which are from Pagan sources.

That is so dumb. Wind chimes, wedding rings, tombstones, and baptisms are pagan. Don't be such a putz. You have no point.

Its like I have to evaluate an American college with a pool and climbing facility to get past just the most stupid shit.