David, The Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
23-10-2012, 12:58 AM
RE: David, The Theist
(23-10-2012 12:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Nope, it doesn't. But it will always be a part of who you are.

Absolutely. I never thought otherwise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 01:03 AM
(23-10-2012 12:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 12:38 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Why is it that atheists are so often obtuse?

[Image: cXWOa.png]

(23-10-2012 12:38 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I'm not ashamed of my sexuality, I was very open about it. I certainly don't think it makes me who I am.
Your OP sounds like you are ashamed of being born homosexual and feel guilty because of it ever since you discovered the "truth of the Bible". It caused you to change your inborn nature to please god.

(17-10-2012 11:01 PM)The Theist Wrote:  I'm homosexual, was born that way and practiced until I discovered the truth of the Bible. Though I have had periods of time when I was unable to resist the natural urges since then for the most part I have abstained from homosexual activity, especially in the last few years. Though I have come to think of it as a disgusting practice I have nothing against homosexuals, nor a self loathing as such.

I think that atheists, at least when they talk to me, tend to assume a great deal. I'm not ashamed of my sexual preference. No matter how it turned out that way, which is under dispute, I certainly can't help it or change it. It would, therefore, be illogical for me to feel guilty about it. Since I discovered the truth in the Bible I have made a decision not to practice a homosexual lifestyle.
23-10-2012, 01:08 AM
(23-10-2012 01:03 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I think that atheists, at least when they talk to me, tend to assume a great deal.
Likewise.

(23-10-2012 01:03 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I'm not ashamed of my sexual preference. No matter how it turned out that way, which is under dispute, I certainly can't help it or change it. It would, therefore, be illogical for me to feel guilty about it. Since I discovered the truth in the Bible I have made a decision not to practice a homosexual lifestyle.
If you say so. Angel

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
23-10-2012, 01:12 AM
(23-10-2012 01:03 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 12:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: cXWOa.png]

Your OP sounds like you are ashamed of being born homosexual and feel guilty because of it ever since you discovered the "truth of the Bible". It caused you to change your inborn nature to please god.

I think that atheists, at least when they talk to me, tend to assume a great deal. I'm not ashamed of my sexual preference. No matter how it turned out that way, which is under dispute, I certainly can't help it or change it. It would, therefore, be illogical for me to feel guilty about it. Since I discovered the truth in the Bible I have made a decision not to practice a homosexual lifestyle.

You have chosen to suppress a part of who you are and not lead an authentic life. This is akin to living an honest lie. I have been there with other, albeit similar, things.
23-10-2012, 01:27 AM
(23-10-2012 01:12 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  You have chosen to suppress a part of who you are and not lead an authentic life. This is akin to living an honest lie. I have been there with other, albeit similar, things.

Lets assume, for the sake of argument, that a person was born a pedophile or inclined to bestiality. They were trying to decide whether or not to hurt children, to abuse them or animals for their sexual inclinations, how would you advise them?

As for me I'm not living a lie, I have simply made a difficult choice that I am happy with.
23-10-2012, 01:44 AM
(23-10-2012 01:27 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:12 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  You have chosen to suppress a part of who you are and not lead an authentic life. This is akin to living an honest lie. I have been there with other, albeit similar, things.

Lets assume, for the sake of argument, that a person was born a pedophile or inclined to bestiality. They were trying to decide whether or not to hurt children, to abuse them or animals for their sexual inclinations, how would you advise them?

As for me I'm not living a lie, I have simply made a difficult choice that I am happy with.

So you just compared mature adult consented homosexuality to un-consented and immature rape? Wow. I guess we all know if you even understand the difference.
23-10-2012, 04:11 AM
(23-10-2012 01:44 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:27 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Lets assume, for the sake of argument, that a person was born a pedophile or inclined to bestiality. They were trying to decide whether or not to hurt children, to abuse them or animals for their sexual inclinations, how would you advise them?

So you just compared mature adult consented homosexuality to un-consented and immature rape? Wow. I guess we all know if you even understand the difference.

You can't possibly be that stupid. The one engaging in un-consented and immature rape is just as naturally inclined to it as the committing consented homosexual or for that matter heterosexual acts. Answer the question. Be the first atheist in the history of mankind to honestly answer a direct question of mine of a difficult nature.
23-10-2012, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 04:29 AM by Vosur.)
(23-10-2012 04:11 AM)The Theist Wrote:  You can't possibly be that stupid. The one engaging in un-consented and immature rape is just as naturally inclined to it as the committing consented homosexual or for that matter heterosexual acts. Answer the question. Be the first atheist in the history of mankind to honestly answer a direct question of mine of a difficult nature.
First you'd have to provide evidence for your claim that the desire to rape is actually natural (genetics).

Besides that, your immature generalizations are getting annoying.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-10-2012, 04:45 AM
(23-10-2012 04:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  First you'd have to provide evidence for your claim that the desire to rape is actually natural (genetics).

If Lady Jane is telling me that I'm living a lie for suppressing my sexual orientation and objects to the comparison of pedophilia and bestiality (which are legally considered rape in the country where I live) then you have to ask yourself at what point do sexual urges begin, whether homosexual or otherwise, and at what point they become legal. Rape is only a legal issue in this case. Mary, the mother of Jesus was 15 when she would have had sex with Joseph who was about 32.
23-10-2012, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 05:33 AM by fstratzero.)
(23-10-2012 04:45 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 04:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  First you'd have to provide evidence for your claim that the desire to rape is actually natural (genetics).

If Lady Jane is telling me that I'm living a lie for suppressing my sexual orientation and objects to the comparison of pedophilia and bestiality (which are legally considered rape in the country where I live) then you have to ask yourself at what point do sexual urges begin, whether homosexual or otherwise, and at what point they become legal. Rape is only a legal issue in this case. Mary, the mother of Jesus was 15 when she would have had sex with Joseph who was about 32.

So you are insinuating that god inseminated a minor?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp