David, The Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
23-10-2012, 06:01 AM
RE: David, The Theist
(23-10-2012 04:45 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 04:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  First you'd have to provide evidence for your claim that the desire to rape is actually natural (genetics).

Besides that, your immature generalizations are getting annoying.

If Lady Jane is telling me that I'm living a lie for suppressing my sexual orientation and objects to the comparison of pedophilia and bestiality (which are legally considered rape in the country where I live) then you have to ask yourself at what point do sexual urges begin, whether homosexual or otherwise, and at what point they become legal. Rape is only a legal issue in this case. Mary, the mother of Jesus was 15 when she would have had sex with Joseph who was about 32.

You are missing the difference between mutual consent and force. You ignoring your sexual nature is not the same thing as preventing acts of pedophilia.

You have chosen to forego deep relationships with other humans to follow a book of myths. How sad.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-10-2012, 06:25 AM
[Image: 28844222.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
23-10-2012, 06:40 AM
G'day "David The Theist".

I just spent about an hour reading through all 28 pages of this thread, it was absolutely fascinat-- Aw who the fuck am I fooling?

I want my time back, however since I doubt you will ever be able to wind back my biological clock to an hour or so ago, I'll just have to deal with the fact that I wasted an hours worth of the time before my body can no longer continue replacing cells on this tripe and not seek compensation. I'm too young to whinge about getting old anyway.

I must say; being young, idealistic and I still considering myself a rookie here and in the debate arena, I expected some kind of unique and interesting argument or introduction that I had never seen before, that may perhaps even sway my beliefs. I got exactly that, but by no means in a positive light; While your ideas are new and unique and most certainly were interesting to myself, I cannot help but get the feeling everybody else has seen it all before and are jaded to your arguments, giving me the feeling they aren't that unique and I myself didn't learn much from your insights (though I did get a lesson on conformation bias and the workings of the mind in such matters).

From your conduct I do not find you a very appealing person, mostly due to your outburst like reactions when heavily criticized , as such I will depart from this thread for now with an old saying in my beloved homeland that I hope will help you in the face of future, harsher criticism.

"Take a teaspoon of cement and harden up, princess".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
23-10-2012, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 10:24 AM by kingschosen.)
(23-10-2012 12:36 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 05:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  What the...?

What is his website now? Something about a space station? What is going on?

The website as you were introduced to it was up since December of this year. Prior to that, the Flash template I'm currently working with was up. I've changed back. The Theist (The Pathway Machine) is an illustration about a futuristic android, formerly an atheist human, who embarks upon a sort of spiritual journey. In that sense, I'm not The Theist, The Theist is a story I'm working on.

So, you're a liar as well?

Meaning: this "The Theist" persona you created and introduced us to is a sham; just something you made up?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-10-2012, 02:13 PM
(23-10-2012 10:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, you're a liar as well?

Meaning: this "The Theist" persona you created and introduced us to is a sham; just something you made up?

I dare say your Christian name isn't kingschosen? I did give my real name in my introductory post.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2012, 11:34 PM
(23-10-2012 04:11 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:44 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  So you just compared mature adult consented homosexuality to un-consented and immature rape? Wow. I guess we all know if you even understand the difference.

You can't possibly be that stupid. The one engaging in un-consented and immature rape is just as naturally inclined to it as the committing consented homosexual or for that matter heterosexual acts. Answer the question. Be the first atheist in the history of mankind to honestly answer a direct question of mine of a difficult nature.
Thank you for enquiring about my intelligence.

I will give you this, not because I agree or have had the stupid talked out of me, but because you've already thrown out the window on whether homosexuality is genetic or behavioural and refuse to look at it in any way other than what you've made your mind up to believe. My point is not on how they came to be, but if they are morally just.

As far as the moral ethic, the difference does not lay in how the natural or behavioural tendencies came about. It lays in if it is okay. Is it natural to steal, lie, murder, bully or love, give, have compassion, feed the hungry, save strangers lives? Maybe, but that doesn't mean those should be acted or not acted on. So what makes the difference?

(23-10-2012 04:45 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 04:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  First you'd have to provide evidence for your claim that the desire to rape is actually natural (genetics).

Besides that, your immature generalizations are getting annoying.

If Lady Jane is telling me that I'm living a lie for suppressing my sexual orientation and objects to the comparison of pedophilia and bestiality (which are legally considered rape in the country where I live) then you have to ask yourself at what point do sexual urges begin, whether homosexual or otherwise, and at what point they become legal. Rape is only a legal issue in this case. Mary, the mother of Jesus was 15 when she would have had sex with Joseph who was about 32.

Good questions.

Sexual urges (homosexual or otherwise) begin at a different age for everyone and slowly peak into adult hood. We are born sexual creatures and parts of our mental and physical selves slowly mature to the point where we can handle a healthy sexual relationship, generally when we enter into the legal adult age.

The difference in the morality of a pedophile versus homosexuality is in the maturity and consent. A minor is a victim in pedophilia because they are not mentally developed, mature or experienced to be able to make life choices in the way an adult is.

Rape is defined as the force of making someone else have or preform sexual acts with another, causing one person to be the victim. Pedophilia is rape for the obvious physical reasons but also due to the fact that the child does not have the mental and mature capacity to understand what it means and is harmed, not only physically, but mentally, psychologically and emotionally as well.

Homosexual sex or sex acts are not forced and there is no victim, both parties are mature and experienced in their mental capacity to understand what the act and involvement means and what the consequence and benefit will entail.

If you are going on the Bible's standard of morality, many Christian apologists will agree that morality is objective and has changed over time, even since the Bible had been established. We no longer stone, slave, drink blood, smite fools, or abide in other forms of an ancient morality at Jesus' present time, we have discovered other means of social living in the past 2000 years.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
24-10-2012, 10:37 AM
(17-10-2012 11:29 PM)The Theist Wrote:  The Bible uses the word god in application to men, idols, spirit beings, even ones own belly. Anything can be a god. Real or imagined, physical or spiritual. Actually this is true of the English word God as well, though more commonly it is used for the creator in whatever form that may be applied.

Where is the evidence to show that there is an actual NEED to believe in all these fairies, spirits and supermen? How can you possibly NEED all of this in your life and for what added benefit? Personally, I think you WANT to believe it because it provides you with a "fake fast-food religious experience" (to quote Zizek -- one MY personal gods), and because you've fooled yourself into believing that your innate sexuality is of an evil nature, which is ridiculous. Certainly, Jesus provides no sound moral guiding principle for Jesus was as mad and erratic as any other religious fanatic in terms of his morality. And why be so picky? The Buddha or Boddhidharma for that matter, score far higher in terms of delivering some kind of conscious moral code to live by (with their own contradictions as well.) Pick or choose as you like. Either way, you ain't convincing this old goat.

Nosce Te Ipsum - Know Thyself
[+] 1 user Likes das@nam's post
24-10-2012, 10:43 AM
(23-10-2012 02:13 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 10:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, you're a liar as well?

I dare say your Christian name isn't kingschosen? I did give my real name in my introductory post.

You have quite the gift of creating a red herring.

Your real name has nothing to do with what I was saying. I was saying that the person you presented in your original post and subsequent posting was an figment of your imagination.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-10-2012, 11:52 PM
(24-10-2012 10:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  figment of your imagination.

God hath visited us verily Tongue
25-10-2012, 12:51 AM
David, The Theist
OP, do you find that you're more of a pitcher or catcher?

I mean, assuming you like baseball.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post