David, The Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
18-10-2012, 07:05 PM
RE: David, The Theist
(18-10-2012 01:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  So... gay guys don't burn? But they don't get cookies still? Or everyone goes to the happy place? Do you think it is *just* that God makes this arbitrary distinction, that he who bummeth his boyfriend is destined for sad times *after he's dead* ?

Romans 6:7 says that upon death we are acquitted from our sin. 1 Corinthians 6:9 says that (including homosexual) is what they were but were washed clean.

The Bible teaches that the meek shall inherit the earth, not heaven, which most people wouldn't appreciate because it wasn't created for them. Heaven is usually thought of as anything that the person wanting to go there would like. Its all sort of pointless, isn't it? And it isn't supported by scripture.

A few, 144, 000, to be precise, go to heaven to rule as princes with Christ Jesus, for it would only be fair that those who were subjected to sin by inheritance would be judged by those likewise. Jesus and Jehovah have no intimate knowledge of sin, do they? They don't know what its like. So, it is almost certain that some of those princes who go to heaven immediately upon death were homosexual.

Not me, though, my feet are firmly planted upon the ground.

(18-10-2012 01:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  FYI I have many very good gay friends with no broken lives and no betrayal. Probably coming in the future, *as it does in almost everyone's life, be they gay or not*.

Thats great. Good for them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2012, 07:19 PM
(18-10-2012 07:05 PM)The Theist Wrote:  A few, 144, 000, to be precise, go to heaven to rule as princes with Christ Jesus, for it would only be fair that those who were subjected to sin by inheritance would be judged by those likewise. Jesus and Jehovah have no intimate knowledge of sin, do they? They don't know what its like. So, it is almost certain that some of those princes who go to heaven immediately upon death were homosexual.
Are you a Jehovah's Witness? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
18-10-2012, 07:22 PM
(18-10-2012 01:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It matters a great deal if "El" GOT there in the first place from somewhere else, and scholars know where it came from, and why, and how it got there. It didn't just "pop" up into Hebrew culture. I am not "confusing anything with anything. The origins are what one of my PhD theses is being done on. You pick the wrong dude to tell who is confusing what, here. Sorry. Don't patronize me with your "common mistake" bullshit.

I don't mean to be rude but my opinion of you so far is that you are a great deal more show than substance. When you get your PHD maybe you can learn to think for yourself rather than vague references to the latest scholarly consensus without support and your adoring audience will wise up to that. But this is just an introductory thread. Who knows.
18-10-2012, 07:50 PM
(18-10-2012 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Let me just reiterate, David...

As you can see from Bucky, you're not going to be able to give vague, wordy answers and think that the community is just going to go, "Ohhh okay".

Apparently unless you are Bucky himself.

(18-10-2012 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're not really answering questions as much as posting links to your site. We asked you a question, you're supposed to answer it; not post us a link so we have to fish around to try and find a semblance of an answer that we were looking for.

That is a valid complaint. I will post links to my site only in reference to answers I have given rather than as answers themselves.

(18-10-2012 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Giving a straight answer isn't hard... just... answer the question.

I give straight answers, they are just not the ones you are accustomed to, apparently.

(18-10-2012 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, as Bucky said, don't play the "common misconception" card. We're all pretty learned here, and in fact, we have some that are working on their PhD and are actual scholars in their field.

You let me worry about Bucky.

(18-10-2012 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The fact that I see some problems with your Greek and Hebrew (in the freewill link) shows that you aren't immune to "common misconceptions" either. As your Greek is not correct.

If by that you mean I can be wrong, of course I can, and have many times and will continue correcting myself. Perhaps with your help, but so far you and Bucky have only taken the position that I must be wrong without any evidence to that effect. That doesn't impress me.
18-10-2012, 07:55 PM
(18-10-2012 01:56 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Welcome to TTA. I'm sure that we'll have the opportunity to have a discussion in the near future.

Until then, I have a question for you: Do you care to elaborate on your religious beliefs?

Thanks for the welcome, Vosur, and I look forward to the opportunity for discussion between the two of us.

I would think that my website and my introductory post would give you a pretty good idea of my beliefs. But, if that isn't conclusive enough for you I can tell you that I believe in the Bible without the pagan influence adopted by apostate Christianity. Very similar to, but not exactly the same as the Jehovah's Witnesses. I have never belonged to any organized religion.
18-10-2012, 08:00 PM
David, The Theist
(18-10-2012 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Welcome Theist of the House Henson known as David.

(18-10-2012 09:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As you see, God is an early Nihilist. Big Grin

And consequently far less refined and nuanced. Now prostate thyself before Girly the Son Of God, Carbon-60, lest the Son Of Man show you fear in a handful of dust.

(18-10-2012 03:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Say what you like about KC.......but that motherfucker knows his Greek!

Teehee ... teehee. Talk about a triple entendre. Big Grin

I tried to like each one if your comments, but even Lord Erxy can only like once. A sign that there are no gods in this multiverse.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-10-2012, 08:07 PM
(18-10-2012 07:22 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 01:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It matters a great deal if "El" GOT there in the first place from somewhere else, and scholars know where it came from, and why, and how it got there. It didn't just "pop" up into Hebrew culture. I am not "confusing anything with anything. The origins are what one of my PhD theses is being done on. You pick the wrong dude to tell who is confusing what, here. Sorry. Don't patronize me with your "common mistake" bullshit.

I don't mean to be rude but my opinion of you so far is that you are a great deal more show than substance. When you get your PHD maybe you can learn to think for yourself rather than vague references to the latest scholarly consensus without support and your adoring audience will wise up to that. But this is just an introductory thread. Who knows.

Well sir, I could care less what you think. If you call 124 scholars, headed by William Foxwell Albright, in 1952...all Professors of Theology, heads of academic departments, Semitic Studies departments, and Seminary heads, and church leaders (The 13 volume "Interpreters Bible") as "latest consensus", go right ahead. Maybe "self-taught", does not serve you well.
You are not the first to pull the "adoring audience" crap. The fact is I have *earned* my credibility. You apparently can't even define what the word "god" is or means that you claim to worship.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-10-2012, 08:07 PM
(18-10-2012 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  Careful careful Smile Don't let's scare him away.

The links were pretty good IMO. Need Bucky to comment on the idea that hell is a pagan concept. Still wanna know if God wants to burn people though 'cos I though the pit of doom in revelations was pretty explicit.

The pit of doom? You mean the lake of fire? That is symbolic for everlasting destruction. Fire is often representative of that throughout the Bible. Notice that hell and death are thrown into the lake of fire? Since they can't literally be thrown the lake is obviously symbolic, the meaning to its symbolism is given within the text itself, "it means the second death." That means the death from which there is no possible resurrection. See my response to the Skeptic's Annotated Bible Revelation.

(18-10-2012 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  The Theist sirrah, you have been accused of your personal Greek being up the pole, how do you plead?

We'll see if there will be any substance to that criticism later on in this thread. I'm just trying to keep up. I don't think there is anything to it, but we will see.

(18-10-2012 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  Any case, if God's a nice guy and *doesn't* care, and since he's not inclined to answer in any non-ambiguous way, is there any reason to worship him at all?

By the way, you said something about the definition of worship. I mean you know, let us pray, hallelujah, the Lord has blessed him, thank you Jesus for the lovely chow which not everyone gets *despite you being an omnipotent bastard*. That kinda worship.

*Do you* so worship, or have you found some other fancy definition, since there's nothing theists seem to love doing other than redefining commonly understood words within very narrow limits set by themselves Wink

Most of what you seem to be suggesting is worship is a sort of spiritual lobotomy. Were you at one time religious? The omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient God is religious nonsense for the most part. God isn't omnipresent because his position is fixed in heaven. He can be anywhere he wants to be at any time, but he isn't everywhere all at one time. Omnipotent and omniscient have their limitations just as surely as omnivorous does. See my response to the Skeptic's Annotated Bible - Can God Do Anything?
18-10-2012, 08:09 PM
(18-10-2012 08:07 PM)The Theist Wrote:  I'm just trying to keep up. I don't think there is anything to it, but we will see.
Take your time. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
18-10-2012, 08:09 PM
(18-10-2012 08:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are not the first to pull the "adoring audience" crap. The fact is I have Earned my credibility. You apparently can't even define what the word "god" is or means that you claim to worship.

Thats funny, because, actually I have defined the word god in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and English and I asked you to do the same. You haven't.