David, The Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
18-10-2012, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 09:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: David, The Theist
All of your arguments/website are 100 % "circular". All you ever use is the Bible to prove the Bible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

Your "Free Will" is entirely debunked by 21st Century Cognitive Neuro-science. There is no "free will" if the elements of a choice are not 100% present in consciousness, at the time of the decision, and "before" Certainly you know that is not true. What exactly IS the highest level of your education, anyway ? Or do I need to go assemble the proofs for that. Every Cognitive scientist knows about this .

The Theist's (or whatever he is) website :
[Image: break-the-cycle.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-10-2012, 08:24 PM
(18-10-2012 02:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm actually researching the idea of hell... and what the Bible says about it... so, we'll see what I get from it.

Speaking of hell, what the hell exactly is that animation in your sig? It looks like Jerry Springer going crazy on his audience's ass. Kind of cool, really.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Theist's post
18-10-2012, 08:30 PM
(18-10-2012 08:24 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 02:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm actually researching the idea of hell... and what the Bible says about it... so, we'll see what I get from it.

Speaking of hell, what the hell exactly is that animation in your sig? It looks like Jerry Springer going crazy on his audience's ass. Kind of cool, really.
It's Benny Hinn.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-10-2012, 08:34 PM
David, The Theist
Buckminster, why do you always say N euroscience?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-10-2012, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 08:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Please post a link to where you defined "god".
BTW, there is no hell. Posting Babble verses is no proof of anything. In "The Origins of Satan", Elaine Pagels, (Princeton), very clearly outlines the origins, and changes of that concept.

The very idea of "activity" in a "timeless environment", (you do know that spacetime began at the Big Bang I hope), and to speak of a "temporal environment" (suffering or fire), both of which require time, (as does a "conscious" god) all REQUIRE space(time). Have you ever taken Physics 101 ? Apparently not. To use your phrase, "a common mistake" theists make, is to think "eternal" is "endless time". It's not. It's "timeless", in Christian Theology. I guess you never took a Theology class either. Please explain how a god can "act", or "think" or "process information" if there is no time ?

Here is Yahweh : http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ght=yahweh

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Well I will have to see his counter argument. Shouldn't be terribly hard to pick apart.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
18-10-2012, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 08:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
[Image: gods-power.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-10-2012, 08:54 PM
(18-10-2012 03:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Say what you like about KC.......but that motherfucker knows his Greek!

No he doesn't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Well welcome and prepare for debate.

(17-10-2012 11:01 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I'm David Henson. I was born an atheist in the Bible belt, my family and friends are all atheists with the exception of my mother. At the age of 27 I began an intense study of the Bible in order to debunk Christianity and became a believer instead. I discovered the gross misrepresentation of the Bible by Christendom, and briefly studied the basic histories of Buddhism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Shintoism and Taoism, in addition to Christianity.

So how is it that your disproving the bible lead to God exists?

Investigation relies on many things. Spotting cognitive biases, actor observer bias etc. Being willing to look into the sources of sources, and considering both sides.

Perhaps you'd benefit from a critical thinking course.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
18-10-2012, 09:18 PM
(18-10-2012 08:54 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 03:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Say what you like about KC.......but that motherfucker knows his Greek!

No he doesn't.

Nice refutation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post