David, The Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
18-10-2012, 12:01 AM
RE: David, The Theist
(17-10-2012 11:47 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Another question, I hope that's okay. So your friends and family are atheist for the majority. What are their reactions, if you don't mind me asking?

My mother is the exception, she became a believer. The other members of my family are not interested in the subject, my friends and my youngest brother give me a hard time, but they too are otherwise not interested in the subject.

The people I know are skeptical thinkers. They don't believe in "Gods" but they don't care to educate themselves on the subject either. They don't want to discuss it. Interestingly, none of them believe in evolution either. They don't know how we got here, and they don't care.

Me and my friends will give each other a hard time about it, for example they will make fun of the virgin birth and I will call them "unwashed heathens" but we don't press the issue. We understand and respect each others beliefs.

[Image: logo2.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the forum Big Grin

I dont think you are unwelcome here, there is no need to move on however I would say be prepared to discuss your beliefs in great detail as there are a lot of very "educated" people here.

I would like to respectfully ask your opinion on why you think your god made you homosexual when it is against the "rules"???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
18-10-2012, 12:30 AM
(18-10-2012 12:12 AM)bemore Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Big Grin

I dont think you are unwelcome here, there is no need to move on however I would say be prepared to discuss your beliefs in great detail as there are a lot of very "educated" people here.

I would like to respectfully ask your opinion on why you think your god made you homosexual when it is against the "rules"???

I thank you for your welcome and encouragement, bemore.

My opinion on that subject is that god doesn't make, as such, homosexuals or for that matter those who are inclined to pedophilia, bestiality, or heterosexual practices. As far as I can tell homosexuality is a learned behavior.

18-10-2012, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 12:42 AM by bemore.)
Do you know how you may have "learned" these behaviours if you dont mind me asking???

Does this also apply to animals who display homosexuality???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ani...l_behavior

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Welcome. Your opening post seems strange to me. I haven't decided whether you are a troll or not yet, but if you are not then I must say I am a bit confused. Also, I would like to know just what it is you believe. Do you believe the bible to be literal? Why do you reject other religions, in particular the Abrahamic religions? Are you a young-earth Creationist? Where has science been wrong when it conflicts with biblical accounts? I look forward to learning more about your belief system. Not that I am advocating than anyone follow the bible, but concerning moral authority and judging others the bible does have conflicting accounts on whether or not you should judge, so I guess just do whatever you feel like doing.

Leviticus 19:15: In righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor.
God’s law given to Moses instructs the righteous to judge others.

Matthew 7:1: Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Part of Jesus’ sermon on the mount, instructing not to judge others.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-10-2012, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 12:58 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-10-2012 11:29 PM)The Theist Wrote:  In the ancient Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek used in the Bible the word God means "mighty; strong" anything or anyone who is attributed might greater than the one attributing it or venerated. The Bible uses the word god in application to men, idols, spirit beings, even ones own belly. Anything can be a god. Real or imagined, physical or spiritual. Actually this is true of the English word God as well, though more commonly it is used for the creator in whatever form that may be applied.

The evidence I found in the Bible of the one true God, Jehovah, is the trustworthiness of the fallible translation of his inspired word. I have studied it for years now, two decades, and have yet to find any reason not to trust it completely.

Welcome.
So you also speak the archaic form of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek ?
Where did you go to school, and with what scholars, and at what academic centers did you study ?
Since I have never heard anyone reference a "belly" as "god", which you asserted, please provide references for all the assertions above.
Please also explain how you decided that the Jehovah god, from the Edomite traditions, (in Southern Israel), is the same god as Yahweh from the Northern Babylonian, and Sumerian myth system roots. It would be helpful also if you could define what you mean when when you say "god".
Thank you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-10-2012, 12:48 AM
(18-10-2012 12:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  Do you know how you may have "learned" these behaviours if you dont mind me asking???

Does this also apply to animals who display homosexuality???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ani...l_behavior

I don't mind you asking at all, but remember it was just my opinion. I originally gave a very personal account of my most earliest sexual experience, but decided that it was too personal and perhaps not appropriate for a public forum. But my experience isn't necessarily the same as everyone else anyway.

I don't know if they apply to animals. Maybe. Maybe not. Who's to say?

18-10-2012, 12:49 AM
(18-10-2012 12:30 AM)The Theist Wrote:  As far as I can tell homosexuality is a learned behavior.

So why is the science and evidence collected for genetics and hormonal influence (or lack of) during in utero incorrect?
18-10-2012, 01:15 AM
(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Welcome.

Thank you.

(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Your opening post seems strange to me. I haven't decided whether you are a troll or not yet, but if you are not then I must say I am a bit confused.

The word troll is often overused on forums to describe anyone who disagrees with the majority. I like your signature, by the way. I'm not here to cause trouble. My time is too valuable for the sport of trolling.

(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Also, I would like to know just what it is you believe. Do you believe the bible to be literal?

Some of it. In general, yes. For example. Adam was a literal person. Listed in the genealogy, as a father to children, referenced, not as allegorical by later Bible writers. Jesus illustration of Lazarus and the Rich man, wasn't a literal event. Later Jesus would say no man had ascended to heaven except for him who had descended from heaven. Jesus himself. Not Lazarus. One has to distinguish between the literal and the figurative.

(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Why do you reject other religions, in particular the Abrahamic religions?

I reject all religion. Religion transmogrifies the original teachings. Taoism and especially Christianity are stunning examples of this. The Jews rejected Jehovah and the messiah. Paul foretold of apostasy of Christianity when at 2 timothy 4:1-4 he used the Greek word mythous (myth), later translated into the Latin fabulas (fables) as the preferred teachings.

Christmas from the winter solstice celebrations, Easter from the spring celebrations of the pagan fertility goddess and consort of Baal, Astarte, the immortal soul from Socrates, the trinity from Plato, hell from Dante and Milton, even the modern rapture from Darby.

I have studied the other religions histories and their Sacred Texts and though, the religions are all untrustworthy, including the Abrahamic ones, the texts don't compare to the Bible.

(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Are you a young-earth Creationist?

Definitely not. The Bible doesn't contradict with science on the age of the earth or universe. It simply doesn't say. See my website on Genesis Chapter 1.

(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Where has science been wrong when it conflicts with biblical accounts?

On the one hand I don't think it matters, at least not to me, because science has never interested me. On the other hand I have to deal with the subject from time to time. Primarily there is disagreement between the two when it comes to the flood and evolution. Often science minded atheist make some really embarrassing assumptions about the conflicts between the two, some examples of this are here, at the bottom of the page under Science And The Bible

(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I look forward to learning more about your belief system.

And I look forward to learning more about yours.

(18-10-2012 12:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Not that I am advocating than anyone follow the bible, but concerning moral authority and judging others the bible does have conflicting accounts on whether or not you should judge, so I guess just do whatever you feel like doing.

Leviticus 19:15: In righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor.
God’s law given to Moses instructs the righteous to judge others.

Matthew 7:1: Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Part of Jesus’ sermon on the mount, instructing not to judge others.

It depends, I suppose, upon what you mean by judge. Perhaps I should elaborate what I meant. I don't sit in judgement of others because there is no degree of sin. Sin is sin. Literally to miss the mark. I don't condemn the actions of someone else as if I am the one who has been appointed to do that. I may condemn actions for myself but to each his own. Each of us are subject to the laws of our governments and our beliefs. To each his own.

18-10-2012, 01:32 AM
(18-10-2012 12:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Welcome.

Thank you, its nice to be here.

(18-10-2012 12:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you also speak the archaic form of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek ? Where did you go to school, and with what scholars, and at what academic centers did you study ?

Are you suggesting that there are scholars in academic centers who actually speak these languages? Seriously? Because I have debated with some of them and they can barely get through the Waw-Consecutive theory.

I'm self taught.

(18-10-2012 12:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Since I have never heard anyone reference a "belly" as "god", which you asserted, please provide references for all the assertions above.

Philippians 3:19: and their finish is destruction, and their god is their belly, and their glory consists in their shame, and they have their minds upon things on the earth.

(18-10-2012 12:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Please also explain how you decided that the Jehovah god, from the Edomite traditions, (in Southern Israel), is the same god as Yahweh from the Northern Babylonian, and Sumerian myth system roots. It would be helpful also if you could define what you mean when when you say "god".
Thank you.

I defined what I mean when I say god earlier. Anything or anyone attributed a might greater than the one attributing it. As for the Edomite traditions and the Sumerian myth, could you elaborate on any alleged confusion?