Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Dawkins Appearance @ country club, cancelled due to comments made to FoxNews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdr7zYAmp...ture=feedu
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2011, 07:34 PM
RE: Dawkins Appearance @ country club, cancelled due to comments made to FoxNews
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute... a WHITE GUY got banned from a country club?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT THE F...or he's a jolly good fellow!

I gotta say, while the targeting kids with the book thing is a little on the sketchy side, I must say that I am quite encouraged by the fact that he's focusing on promoting science more than bashing religion. I think it's solid step in a positive direction for him.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
24-10-2011, 08:00 PM
RE: Dawkins Appearance @ country club, cancelled due to comments made to FoxNews
(24-10-2011 07:34 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute... a WHITE GUY got banned from a country club?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I gotta say, while the targeting kids with the book thing is a little on the sketchy side, I must say that I am quite encouraged by the fact that he's focusing on promoting science more than bashing religion. I think it's solid step in a positive direction for him.

Matt

Yeah, how low down of Dawkins to try to influence kids! I'm soooo thankful that the religious doesn't try that. Oh, wait...

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2011, 08:09 PM
nooo!!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
24-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I feel sorry for the old man ... so I bought his book for my nephew. I hope the money padding his pockets will help ease his pain. And I have to say that the idea of him "targeting children" is in no way "sketchy." In fact, more books like this need to be produced in order to counteract the crap that children are exposed to in their everyday life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah! Taking your fight to the battlefield of kids’ minds is great when you're in the right! Yeah!

Look, I'm not saying that kids don't need a little science in their life. Hell, I don't even know how old I was when my mom bought me Our Universe (Best book ever! Also, ironically, my introduction to the Greek and Roman pantheon of pagan Gods lol). But no one on the planet can say with a straight face that Dawkins doesn't have an agenda. So yeah, it's a little sketch. Super sketch? No. Devoid of sketch? Hell no.

And can we put aside the whole "they do it therefore we can" argument? It's like the worst justification of all time.

Anyhoo, point is, this new book seems way more positive than what he's offered the last few years. I think that's great.

One last thing. Don't feel so bad for Dawkins going on Bill O'Reiley. He's been on O'Reiley many times before. If he didn't learn from the other times, then he's functionally retarded. The real reason he goes on the show is so that O'Reiley can sell advertising and so Dawkins can sell books. Ain't capitalism grand? Everyone can agree on that!!!

And for the record, the white guy getting kicked out of a country club thing is fucking awesome rofl!

Matt
25-10-2011, 08:21 AM

Several things strike me in this video...

1. What the hell does Simon (newscaster) keep looking at at the lower right of the screen (when he's on camera). What ever it is..its got his full attention.

2. I love the opening Talking Head's outline of superstition as he punctuates it with the ending WHAMMY!
"Not a chritian, jew, muslim, scientologist, UFO freak or even a low life human...but an AAAAAAAATHHHHEIST!" (what it sounded like to me).

3. Good for Richard having a signed contract. Now he's got grounds to sue, and sue he should! If he decided not to show up, you KNOW they'd do the same thing.
Its how the entertainment world works...breach of contract, well thats gonna cost you buddy!

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2011, 09:57 AM
(24-10-2011 07:34 PM)Ghost Wrote:  I gotta say, while the targeting kids with the book thing is a little on the sketchy side, I must say that I am quite encouraged by the fact that he's focusing on promoting science more than bashing religion.

Really don't see how showing children what is actually true is sketchy. Now if it wasn't true or maybe just a hypothesis, then yes, that would be sketchy.

Anyways, I hope that country club get's their pants sued off. Tired of this religious bullshit.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
25-10-2011, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 10:39 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
(24-10-2011 07:34 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute... a WHITE GUY got banned from a country club?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes educating children...how undeniably sketchy twisted and evil.

(24-10-2011 10:15 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Yeah! Taking your fight to the battlefield of kids’ minds is great when you're in the right! Yeah!

Look, I'm not saying that kids don't need a little science in their life. Hell, I don't even know how old I was when my mom bought me Our Universe (Best book ever! Also, ironically, my introduction to the Greek and Roman pantheon of pagan Gods lol). But no one on the planet can say with a straight face that Dawkins doesn't have an agenda. So yeah, it's a little sketch. Super sketch? No. Devoid of sketch? Hell no.

And can we put aside the whole "they do it therefore we can" argument? It's like the worst justification of all time.

How hypocritical..you are where you are at because your mother bought the "the magic of reality" 19xx version.
I guess your mother should have slapped a bible in your hand, forced you to memorize it, and then swore it was the truth.

Quote:Anyhoo, point is, this new book seems way more positive than what he's offered the last few years. I think that's great.
Yet you are complaining about something you have not read, and arguing for discrimination of other people.

Whatever happened to,
Matt
?

Quote:One last thing. Don't feel so bad for Dawkins going on Bill O'Reiley. He's been on O'Reiley many times before. If he didn't learn from the other times, then he's functionally retarded. The real reason he goes on the show is so that O'Reiley can sell advertising and so Dawkins can sell books. Ain't capitalism grand? Everyone can agree on that!!
First you say he is retarded, a bold statement considering he is almost certainly smarter than you, and then contradict yourself and state he is doing it for O'Reiley and to sell books. Why would he be doing it to help O'Reiley, a type of person he is dead set on fighting? He wouldnt, and he didnt. So, now the only reason left, according to you, is the money.

OMG that means he appeared on the O'Reiley show to sell his book and promote science education. That greedy SoB!!! I mean its not he makes his living as an author, ohh wait. Well, in either case its not like the followers of Faux News are uneducated religious nuts, who desperately need to read a science book, ohh wait.

Quote:And for the record, the white guy getting kicked out of a country club thing is fucking awesome rofl!
Yah discriminating people is great....

Maybe your signature should say
Peace and Love and Empathy, Matt, unless I disagree with you, in which case you can FUCK OFF!
25-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey, Denicio.

Lol. What the fuck was that guy looking at?

The anchor was like, "an atheist," and I looked at the corner of the screen and I was like, "Ohhhhh, this is Fox."

And for sure he's going to sue. The Dawkins minion was right. It's a civil rights issue. I mean, he's a privileged guy, so Rosa Parks it's not, but still, it's just as valid a claim. I hope he sues and wins.

Hey, NSV.

Quote:Really don't see how showing children what is actually true is sketchy.

Well...

It's not about true or untrue. It's about the motivation.

Hey, Jbyrd.

Quote:Yes educating children...how undeniably sketchy twisted and evil.

IT IS THE WORK OF SATAN!!!

Hardy har har.

Matt