Dawkins changed my girlfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-09-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: Dawkins changed my girlfriend
(03-09-2013 01:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I believe in an invisible unifying force that draws us all together.

I call it gravity.

Of course, the difference between gravity and that-other-invisible-unifying-force-that-draws-us-all-together is that gravity actually has evidence for its existence, and the other does not.

Big Grin

(although, technically, describing gravity as drawing everything together isn't precisely true Tongue )

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM
(03-09-2013 12:56 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:This is typical. You either didn't read the thread or didn't comprehend it.

Chas, the fact that you cannot comprehend the simplest attempt at humor shows you've lost your own funny bone.

I think you mean a simpleton's attempt at humor.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2013, 02:54 PM
(03-09-2013 02:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 12:56 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Chas, the fact that you cannot comprehend the simplest attempt at humor shows you've lost your own funny bone.

I think you mean a simpleton's attempt at humor.Drinking Beverage

OY!

That hurt!

I made the same attempt at humour two posts before PJ did.

So, yeah, like, um... thanks! Weeping

03-09-2013, 03:34 PM
(03-09-2013 02:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 02:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  I think you mean a simpleton's attempt at humor.Drinking Beverage

OY!

That hurt!

I made the same attempt at humour two posts before PJ did.

So, yeah, like, um... thanks! Weeping

Well, mate, it's all in the delivery, innit? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-09-2013, 05:16 AM
(28-08-2013 01:03 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 07:12 AM)sequoyah Wrote:  ...Now She is starting to dabble in mysticism to an extent and consipracy theories. I think this new found interested is a way to add color to her toughts about out existence, if that makes sense...

Religions are like a drug. Some just need some "methadone" or a "nicotine patch" to kick it. Some give up one adiction and substitute it with another. Some people feel like they need something to believe, and don't easily give up the need to believe in something.

It takes awhile for some people to realize that reality IS something to beleive in in and of itself.

This is very true. After I walked away from the Christian church I felt like I'd lost something. Emotional damage will do that. So for a while I dabbled in Paganism so that I had some ritual, even though I never really believed in any of it.

It was all just a stepping stone to the one, true religion of course. All hail FSM! May you be touched by his noodly appendage! Bowing

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[+] 1 user Likes PharaohKatt's post
04-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:I think you mean a simpleton's attempt at humor.

Chas, do you now suffer from ED or something? You used to have these really clever jokes, now you're just kind of... tapering... off... consciousness.
04-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:Of course, the difference between gravity and that-other-invisible-unifying-force-that-draws-us-all-together is that gravity actually has evidence for its existence, and the other does not.

We can see the effects caused by the force known commonly as gravity. Now please tell us the empirical evidence for it besides conjectural dark matter, please.
04-09-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 11:28 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Of course, the difference between gravity and that-other-invisible-unifying-force-that-draws-us-all-together is that gravity actually has evidence for its existence, and the other does not.

We can see the effects caused by the force known commonly as gravity. Now please tell us the empirical evidence for it besides conjectural dark matter, please.

Go jump off the tallest building you can find.
You will thereby find your evidence, and rid us of a most annoying troll. Tongue
Two birds. One stone.
Very efficient.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-09-2013, 05:41 PM
(04-09-2013 05:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We can see the effects caused by the force known commonly as gravity. Now please tell us the empirical evidence for it besides conjectural dark matter, please.

Go jump off the tallest building you can find.
You will thereby find your evidence, and rid s of a most annoying troll. Tongue
Two birds. One stone.
Very efficient.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
(04-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We can see the effects caused by the force known commonly as gravity. Now please tell us the empirical evidence for it besides conjectural dark matter, please.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post