Dawkins vs Creationists

Pure entertainment. Smile

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
06-01-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Dawkins vs Creationists
As always Dawkins displays remarkable restraint and patience with some of the callers. The final female caller literally had me facepalming. Seriously can someone not work out the potential issue for their misinformation when they keep repeating that they have looked at the evidence from a Creation organisation. I was less than patient. Do these people understand the concept of getting objective evidence by researching numerous sources whose authors have scientific pedigree. There appears to be no limit to the worship of ignorance.

"Nothing Great is Easy" - Des Renford (English Channel Swimmer)
[+] 1 user Likes Endurance Swimmer's post
06-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Delightful Sunday afternoon entertainment.

Thanks for posting, Vos.

And congrats on your vet status... much deserved.

06-01-2013, 01:50 AM
(06-01-2013 12:22 AM)Endurance Swimmer Wrote:  As always Dawkins displays remarkable restraint and patience with some of the callers. The final female caller literally had me facepalming. Seriously can someone not work out the potential issue for their misinformation when they keep repeating that they have looked at the evidence from a Creation organisation. I was less than patient. Do these people understand the concept of getting objective evidence by researching numerous sources whose authors have scientific pedigree. There appears to be no limit to the worship of ignorance.
I also try to have the same patience. To try and educate first, then if they refuse the information I move on. To me religion is just a bad idea that knowledge can purge.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
06-01-2013, 01:52 AM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
06-01-2013, 04:22 AM
(06-01-2013 12:22 AM)Endurance Swimmer Wrote:  Do these people understand the concept of getting objective evidence by researching numerous sources whose authors have scientific pedigree.
Actually, no, they don't. Why should they? After all, they've spent their whole lives getting ALL their faith information from one source, why should this be any different?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
06-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Thank you for that video, fstratzero. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. When the caller remarked "my soul is made of Skittles" I just about lost it. How do these guys take the caller so seriously???

I also wonder how it was done. I would think it was a soundboard except that it's so fluent, and Dawkins probably never even said many of those words publicly.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
06-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Dawkins has an insane amount of restraint. So much facepalm.
Apparently the one caller didn't understand what ignorant means. "you're not a nutcase... you're ignorant." "OH I'M IGNORANT NOW?" haha

Ugh YECs....
06-01-2013, 05:08 PM
(06-01-2013 01:52 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Wow, this is priceless! (Richard Dawkins on The Atheist Experience)

I would like to believe that religion can be purged with information.. But when people don't value the information you have just because of their beliefs... Well.. Refer to my signature Wink

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

06-01-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 05:26 PM by Logisch.)
(06-01-2013 01:52 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Holy shit that was funny hahaha the skittles part was just... wow haha. Laughat

Wow just found this on the same guy's channel (Ray Comfort makes an appearance):

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creationists are the same as NAMBLA Shadow Fox 6 211 20-05-2014 07:09 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Well, That Didn't Take Long...Creationists Are Bitching 'Cosmos' Is Unfair WindyCityJazz 31 1,296 03-05-2014 05:26 PM
Last Post: Charis
  Why no sympathy for creationists. sporehux 4 269 06-02-2014 04:02 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Question about the fine-tuning argument by creationists flyingpancake 14 562 04-02-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: Mathilda
  2 questions for creationists Relic of the Darkling 173 4,564 25-12-2013 03:36 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  My discussions with Creationists! Crulax 3 267 09-12-2013 02:10 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Christian Creationists change to a deistic view when arguing. Lawls 11 757 16-11-2013 03:10 PM
Last Post: Elesjei