DayZ (mod and standalone)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: DayZ (mod and standalone)
Killed 4 heavily armed bandits in Kamyshovo.
Epic house to house gun battle, expended 200+ M4 rounds over 15mins, bandaged myself 4 times, used pain killers a morphine shot then slunk into the forest to regain blood.
2 more pimped players appeared and zeroed to the dead bandits position, late reinforcements.
I waited until they separated , stealthed into town and hid in a house near a dead bandit. They both came back to the body near me and turned their backs to look into the forrest, I charged them with a fullauto 60round clip, they screamed like babies.
6 bandits down, feeling like superman I meet two unarmed players on the road jogging to Elektroz 1 got my attention talking and the other drifted behind me. When we stopped to check out a body for loot, I got punched in the back of head and knocked unconscious, looted then killed with my own weapon. They dropped the phoney korean accents and revealed they were 2 of the six bandit party I decimated.
I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME !!.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
26-02-2014, 06:40 PM
(26-02-2014 05:36 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Killed 4 heavily armed bandits in Kamyshovo.
Epic house to house gun battle, expended 200+ M4 rounds over 15mins, bandaged myself 4 times, used pain killers a morphine shot then slunk into the forest to regain blood.
2 more pimped players appeared and zeroed to the dead bandits position, late reinforcements.
I waited until they separated , stealthed into town and hid in a house near a dead bandit. They both came back to the body near me and turned their backs to look into the forrest, I charged them with a fullauto 60round clip, they screamed like babies.
6 bandits down, feeling like superman I meet two unarmed players on the road jogging to Elektroz 1 got my attention talking and the other drifted behind me. When we stopped to check out a body for loot, I got punched in the back of head and knocked unconscious, looted then killed with my own weapon. They dropped the phoney korean accents and revealed they were 2 of the six bandit party I decimated.
I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME !!.

Indeed, this game is by far one of the most awesome/infuriating things out there.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-02-2014, 06:44 PM
(26-02-2014 12:48 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 08:22 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I've been watching gameplay of it on Youtube. How does one get ahold of it? Is it downloadable or do I have to go buy it and set it up and all that shit I really don't feel like doing? lol
Its on Steam for thirty dollars. Please keep in mind that it is not a finished game.

Its downloadable.

I do not kill people indiscriminately. Only when they have been deemed a threat.

We're talking about the DayZ where you start off with the clothes on your back, & you run around looking in houses for food, water, can openers, etc...?

And it's still in the Beta-Test stage, right?

26-02-2014, 06:45 PM
(26-02-2014 05:03 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I may be interested. A2, since you've played both can you describe the main differences between this and the Arma2/Arma3 mods? I've only played this on Arma2 and have only played the Wasteland mods on Arma3.

Can you get any idea why they decided to make it standalone? Did they go with a different engine? The screenies I've seen look so similar it almost looks the same. Like it's still using the Arma engine.

They decided to make it a standalone so they wouldn't be constrained to the source games faults/ abilities.

its awesome, definitely worth a try. I have only played DayZ arma2 mod, and the inventory system is way better in standalone then the mod, and Ifucking love the way they have done the clothing loot and shit. Its still relatively broken, but it is steadily improving.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
26-02-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 10:07 PM by Atothetheist.)
[Image: QQw0MVV.jpg]

Look who I found in DayZ!!!!!

Its Jason Vorhees!

26-02-2014, 10:09 PM
(26-02-2014 09:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  [Image: QQw0MVV]

Its Jason Vorhees!

Photo link broken, I've only found really weird carnival masks
They are sure to get you KOS (killed on site) wearing them.

Found a neat way to get geared up, find 2 or 3 servers with fast reboot cycles (loot respawn), that have low population.Head to an airbase, loot then switch servers loot again until kitted ,head to a high pop server and go nuts.
Was sick of getting killed 20 times in a row before I found a weapon.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
27-02-2014, 07:05 AM
(26-02-2014 10:09 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 09:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  [Image: QQw0MVV]

Its Jason Vorhees!

Photo link broken, I've only found really weird carnival masks
They are sure to get you KOS (killed on site) wearing them.

Found a neat way to get geared up, find 2 or 3 servers with fast reboot cycles (loot respawn), that have low population.Head to an airbase, loot then switch servers loot again until kitted ,head to a high pop server and go nuts.
Was sick of getting killed 20 times in a row before I found a weapon.

Gasp

Way to ruin the point of the game! Tongue

Just kidding.

27-02-2014, 09:02 AM
(26-02-2014 06:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:48 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its on Steam for thirty dollars. Please keep in mind that it is not a finished game.

Its downloadable.

I do not kill people indiscriminately. Only when they have been deemed a threat.

We're talking about the DayZ where you start off with the clothes on your back, & you run around looking in houses for food, water, can openers, etc...?

Yes, that's it. It's thirty dollars, and it's In ALPHA (not even beta). They are planning to add base building, underground tunnel creating,hunting, etc. seriously, buy it now, it's a fucking steal.

It's going to be valued at a hella lot more the closer it is to completion.

28-02-2014, 01:52 AM
DayZ (mod and standalone)
(27-02-2014 09:02 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 06:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  We're talking about the DayZ where you start off with the clothes on your back, & you run around looking in houses for food, water, can openers, etc...?

Yes, that's it. It's thirty dollars, and it's In ALPHA (not even beta). They are planning to add base building, underground tunnel creating,hunting, etc. seriously, buy it now, it's a fucking steal.

Sadly I must wait until next payday. I'll keep on with the PoE and Dishonored for now.

Have the devs any plans to make persistent world servers? Base creation might be kinda nice if all your work didn't just go poof.

Side note: has anyone here tried Rust? Curious to know about that one too.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
28-02-2014, 03:48 PM
(28-02-2014 01:52 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 09:02 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Yes, that's it. It's thirty dollars, and it's In ALPHA (not even beta). They are planning to add base building, underground tunnel creating,hunting, etc. seriously, buy it now, it's a fucking steal.

Sadly I must wait until next payday. I'll keep on with the PoE and Dishonored for now.

Have the devs any plans to make persistent world servers? Base creation might be kinda nice if all your work didn't just go poof.

Side note: has anyone here tried Rust? Curious to know about that one too.

tried Rust, didn't like it too much.

I have no idea what the devs plan to do about the base building.