Daylight Savings Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 10:17 AM
RE: Daylight Savings Time
(05-11-2016 07:15 AM)skyking Wrote:  Get a good light, Dom, if you don't already have one.
They keep this silly thing going for people like me who work outside. I'd rather just keep moving the start time like we always do through the fall.

Exactly! You got the daylight, do the work. Shifting the clock around is silly, and IIRC, turns out to be counter to efficiency. Not every state does it either, and not even all cities. One of my uncles lived in Minneapolis, MN and worked in St. Paul, MN. One city observed DST, the other did not. That may have changed by now, but talk about a pain in the kiester.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
(05-11-2016 07:15 AM)skyking Wrote:  Get a good light, Dom, if you don't already have one.
They keep this silly thing going for people like me who work outside. I'd rather just keep moving the start time like we always do through the fall.

I go by daylight also - I go outside for chores at sunrise and again at sunset. Unfortunately my body goes by daylight also, if I don't go to sleep within 2 hours after sunset, I never will. And no light is helping that. But if it gets dark by 4pm and I go to sleep by 6, I wake up at 2 am. And then my body wants light - so I do use the sunlamp then. It's nuts, I am glad I am retired and it doesn't matter when I sleep. That one hour makes a lot of difference to me. Falling back is exactly the opposite of what I need.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-11-2016, 12:28 PM
I wish they would do away with it all.

One or the other, I don't really care. Just stop changing it around.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-11-2016, 03:02 PM
I hate when we switch daylight saving time. Night will soon fall at 4 PM, it is like living in the dark all the time, and I really need sun !
Considering people usual working time, it doesn't even make sense anymore. I've read that it has less and less impact on saving energy. It still does from what I've read, but considering the negative impact it has on people, I don't understand why they don't find other solutions to save the same amount of energy without bothering billions of people who would love to enjoy a bit more daylight everyday. Like, why starting to put Christmas lights in cities at the beginning of november ? or why keeping lighting public buildings all night long, even in cities that aren't very touristic ?
Ok, maybe I'm speaking a bit for myself and more people than I think are enjoying the daylight saving time, but I always have a mood drop in winter so I'm really annoyed by things that contributes to it !
05-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Daylight Savings Time
I just moved to Arizona two months ago. We don't switch but have to adjust to everyone else around still doing it which has the big downside of people from other states always being confused about what time it is here

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-11-2016, 03:49 PM
(05-11-2016 03:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just moved to Arizona two months ago. We don't switch but have to adjust to everyone else around still doing it which has the big downside of people from other states always being confused about what time it is here

At least you're only an hour off and not Alabama or Louisiana where it is still 1860.

Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
05-11-2016, 03:53 PM
(05-11-2016 03:49 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 03:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just moved to Arizona two months ago. We don't switch but have to adjust to everyone else around still doing it which has the big downside of people from other states always being confused about what time it is here

At least you're only an hour off and not Alabama or Louisiana where it is still 1860.

Big Grin

Touche`

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Two years later, it's still stupid and still should be banned from life.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-11-2016, 10:53 PM
I donno. I kinda like the change to Daylight Savings Time and back to ordinary time in the Spring. I know it's kinda weird but I like the shifting around of time. It's hard to explain. It's like a mini time travel or something.

I'm sorry that I'm so strange. I'll go sit in the corner now and be quiet.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-11-2016, 05:32 AM
You're spelling "slaving" wrong. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user