Daylight Savings Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Daylight Savings Time
(06-11-2016 09:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I actually do like the summertime and wintertime.

Until we went back one hour (2-3 weeks ago), it was pitch black dark when i got up in the morning (ca. 6:30-7:00) and the sun was only fully risen until i was already in office. It felt like i am working at night, and it wasnt even November. I felt the "winter blues" very hard already.
Once we got that additional hour, i am feeling much better getting up every morning. Sure, there is one hour less in the evening, but when you come home after one day of work, you arent up for so much activity (particularly outside) anyhow. But in the morning it is alredady "morning" when i get up.

Except there is nothing 'extra'. Consider

Besides, we are now on Standard Time - in sync with the universe.
It is Daylight Saving Time that is fake. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-11-2016, 06:58 PM
I would like to go on to Chinese time. I get up in hour of rabbit, (that's labbit in "oriental").
http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelgui.../hours.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2016, 09:13 PM
I get grouchy about having to change time on my clocks. I wish we'd just go to Arizona's time zone.
07-11-2016, 02:06 AM
(06-11-2016 06:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-11-2016 09:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I actually do like the summertime and wintertime.

Until we went back one hour (2-3 weeks ago), it was pitch black dark when i got up in the morning (ca. 6:30-7:00) and the sun was only fully risen until i was already in office. It felt like i am working at night, and it wasnt even November. I felt the "winter blues" very hard already.
Once we got that additional hour, i am feeling much better getting up every morning. Sure, there is one hour less in the evening, but when you come home after one day of work, you arent up for so much activity (particularly outside) anyhow. But in the morning it is alredady "morning" when i get up.

Except there is nothing 'extra'. Consider

Besides, we are now on Standard Time - in sync with the universe.
It is Daylight Saving Time that is fake. Yes

I know, thats why i referrred to it as "summertime and wintertime"
With extra i was referring to the shift to wintertime, of course we lose an hour in March.

I like Summertime too, because at summer solistice here sunrise is, like, at 4:30 and sunset is ca. 21:30 (from memory). Without daylight savings (summertime), sunrise would be ridiculously early.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
07-11-2016, 07:07 AM
I say we switch to metric time. Two decichrons=one day.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post