De-Baptism Certificate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Wink De-Baptism Certificate
Long time Lurker, brand new account. I have recently realized my atheism after coming out of Christianity for most of my life. I got the idea to create a "De Baptism Certificate" from the freedom from religion foundation (#mce_temp_url# ) but I created a template for one that can be edited in MS word. Enjoy!

.doc  cert of debaptism.doc (Size: 507.5 KB / Downloads: 55)

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2012, 08:34 PM
RE: De-Baptism Certificate
Very clever!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
14-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Simply put, this is a friggin awesome idea!

I'd suggest two more additions. One for folks to renounce their local church membership.

The other idea would be to make a form for Pastors to send their Diplomas back to their Seminary's for a full refund!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-04-2012, 09:04 PM
(14-04-2012 08:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Simply put, this is a friggin awesome idea!

I'd suggest two more additions. One for folks to renounce their local church membership.

The other idea would be to make a form for Pastors to send their Diplomas back to their Seminary's for a full refund!
Lol I'll get right on the renunciation of church membership membership form, but I think the battle for a refund from Seminary is better fought in civil court Tongue

publius2k4

[+] 1 user Likes publius2k4's post
14-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I've heard of guys suggesting that they ought to mail their diplomas back to their seminary and ask for a refund.
I'm not sure if this has ever happened or not, but it's a cool idea. My problem is, I cared so little for my diploma, I'm not even sure I could find it to send back!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-04-2012, 09:31 PM
(14-04-2012 09:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've heard of guys suggesting that they ought to mail their diplomas back to their seminary and ask for a refund.
I'm not sure if this has ever happened or not, but it's a cool idea. My problem is, I cared so little for my diploma, I'm not even sure I could find it to send back!
How's this? Idea Smile
.doc  ren of membership.doc (Size: 508 KB / Downloads: 44)

publius2k4

14-04-2012, 09:33 PM
(14-04-2012 09:31 PM)publius2k4 Wrote:  
(14-04-2012 09:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've heard of guys suggesting that they ought to mail their diplomas back to their seminary and ask for a refund.
How's this? Idea Smile
I like it. Knowing my old church that I pastored, I'm pretty sure my name is still on their membership rolls. Would love to send this document...as long as I can be confident I won't receive too many calls or emails about it!

~Izel
14-04-2012, 09:58 PM
(14-04-2012 09:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-04-2012 09:31 PM)publius2k4 Wrote:  How's this? Idea Smile
I like it. Knowing my old church that I pastored, I'm pretty sure my name is still on their membership rolls. Would love to send this document...as long as I can be confident I won't receive too many calls or emails about it!
I would have similar problems. Certainly not to the degree you would, but it would still suck to all of a sudden become everybody's "project"

publius2k4

[+] 2 users Like publius2k4's post
14-04-2012, 10:04 PM
(14-04-2012 09:58 PM)publius2k4 Wrote:  
(14-04-2012 09:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I like it. Knowing my old church that I pastored, I'm pretty sure my name is still on their membership rolls. Would love to send this document...as long as I can be confident I won't receive too many calls or emails about it!
I would have similar problems. Certainly not to the degree you would, but it would still suck to all of a sudden become everybody's "project"
Yeah, that's just it. I don't give a flying leap if they found out I'm on the A-team now. But I shudder at the thought of being a church-wide project! Bleh!

~Izel