Dead Island or Battlefield 3 on Xbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: Dead Island or Battlefield 3 on Xbox
(28-04-2012 12:09 PM)IGotCoolSocks Wrote:  
(27-04-2012 05:05 AM)bemore Wrote:  I dont like what they have done with these "rent a server" update shit..... the games are so unbalanced now.

Ill set a clan up on battlelog...... what name should it be called????
i actually like it for the most part. I like that some of the servers are mic required. When playing alone, it can be really annoying trying to CTFO w/out communicating w. your squad.

(27-04-2012 05:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm not gonna lie, I'm not terribly good at this game thus far.

I can kill people sure... but fucked if I can fly anything. Holy hell. The jets are passable but the helicopters are infuriating.

Essentially I get in... go up... then quickly bank into a cliff. I dont know how people can do it so well. Usually I hitch a ride in the gunner seat then parachute onto a roof or two and get to the killing.
jets are pointless. hitching a ride is about the only thing air game is good for. Its redic trying to CTFO and having no ground team b/c everyone is in the air shooting up each others butt holes. :/
Are you crazy? Jets are very useful.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I can fly the jets alright, but I blow big salty chunks at air combat.

One massive disappointment I have is the available game types. I don't mean the different types available, but more the ones people are actually playing. And the maps that are most prominent. I've played the same map 8 out of 10 times thus far. I don't know how many more times I'm going to want to play flag on the map with the refuel station... I know every centimeter of that fucking map. I'm boss at capturing points by the by. Team leader almost every time.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2012, 03:30 PM
(28-04-2012 04:56 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 12:09 PM)IGotCoolSocks Wrote:  
Are you crazy? Jets are very useful.
i just disagree. the only think the jet is good for is shooting other jets.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"
Richard Dawkins

"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church."
30-04-2012, 10:56 AM
(29-04-2012 03:30 PM)IGotCoolSocks Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 04:56 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Are you crazy? Jets are very useful.
i just disagree. the only think the jet is good for is shooting other jets.

If you're really good with a jet you can take out tanks with a jet. Attack choppers and scout choppers are great for both anti-tank and anti-infantry. Plus they're a blast to fly- especially the attack chopper with a gunner. This is where jets are most useful, because if no one takes out the enemy attack chopper, it can lay waste to your team if the pilot and gunner are decent.

But, you are right that for the most part jets end up being jet v jet for the entire round. Because as a jet pilot, the enemy jets won't leave you alone to attack ground targets. And they respawn too fast to have more than a minute or two for attacking ground targets once you've taken out the enemy jets.

Still, if the enemy team is organized and good enough, then their air units can own the map for their infantry to control the objectives and you're stuck in your base hoping not to get spotted while you look for a detour out of there.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]