Dead Men Walking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 02:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
Dead Men Walking
Ever since my last free fall into the abyss where Cantor threw me some emergency Gwynnies at the last moment and asked "The fuck you doing spelunking down here old fool? You ain't properly equipped." I see every social encounter in the context of dead men walking. I think that's a good thing.

I feel old.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-11-2014, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 02:37 PM by evenheathen.)
RE: Dead Men Walking
It's certainly a perspective. And not a bad one by any means. Just sayin'....

Seems okay to be the bartender, better view than most get and it keeps you honest.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-11-2014, 02:35 PM
(01-11-2014 02:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ever since my last free fall into the abyss where Cantor threw me some emergency Gwynnies at the last moment and asked "The fuck you doing spelunking down here fool? You ain't properly equipped." I see every social encounter as between dead men walking. I think that's a good thing.

I understand each word of that. I even understand whole parts of each sentence.

I can't help thinking that I might be missing some vital background information though to make sense of this post as a whole.
01-11-2014, 02:47 PM
(01-11-2014 02:35 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 02:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ever since my last free fall into the abyss where Cantor threw me some emergency Gwynnies at the last moment and asked "The fuck you doing spelunking down here fool? You ain't properly equipped." I see every social encounter as between dead men walking. I think that's a good thing.

I understand each word of that. I even understand whole parts of each sentence.

I can't help thinking that I might be missing some vital background information though to make sense of this post as a whole.

According to public records, Johnny Cantor, aka HoC, is the National Park Service's Lead Ranger for The Abyss. His primary duty is to prevent fools from falling into the abyss. He sucks at it 'cause he's always plumbing its depths himself. .... Fucking Gwynnies.

#sigh
01-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Got you thinking though...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-11-2014, 03:21 PM
That dang Gwynnies. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-11-2014, 03:45 PM