Deadly Texting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Deadly Texting
(15-01-2014 09:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ...besides - who the fuck takes a gun to the movies?

I do.

It's a pain because it eats all my popcorn. Dodgy

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 11:55 AM
(15-01-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not that the shooter was justified in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER for killing the guy, but I can honestly say I "get it". I've had fantasies about beating people senseless with a tire iron for incessantly talking/texting on the phone while I'm trying to watch the movie that I paid an exorbitant amount to entertain me for a couple hours.

Texting in a movie theater is just WRONG! Angry Its is so annoying….like someone sitting there with a flashlight and waving it all around. Pisses me off.

I don't think this dude should have lost his life over being an inconsiderate ass but, like KC, I would have a fantasy of beating him senseless too.

mind your manners, follow the rules of the road and I won't have a problem with you.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-01-2014, 11:56 AM
I might be wrong, but it's my impression that this kind of shit happens in the States on a daily basis , anther pointless death...

Sometimes I think you Muricans are nuts as shit, and coming from a Serb that means something.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
15-01-2014, 12:03 PM
I think its because we get bombarded with stupid people on a regular basis in our daily lives- that we just flip out, lose our shit and end up on the news.

And its the simple stuff, like texting in a theater or in my daily life, a traffic circle.

a simple damn traffic circle….one lane of cars, everyone has a YIELD sign. every SINGLE, fucking car stops at the circle when NO ONE is coming….not one car in sight. every car, every day, twice a day, STOPS.

You can only drive behind these idiots for so long before you just want to drive a tank and blow them up.

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
15-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah but the movie hadn't even started yet...at least that's what I heard. They were showing previews...

The dude who did the shooting was 71. Probably yells at kids to stay off his lawn too...

Wink

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Yes, the guy was a retired cop. Yes, texting in a movie is a mild annoyance. Yes, it was murder. The cop needs to get help followed by a lengthy stay in federal prison at the least. If it were premeditated (I don't think there is any evidence to suggest it was at the moment) I'd be happy to let him swing on an oak, is it was far from justifiable.

15-01-2014, 12:18 PM
I just read an article on CNN. There is a lady saying she had a run in with him previously at the theater too.

all these damn people texting in the theater…. Evil_monster

and grandpa sounds like he's off his rocker.

15-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Deadly Texting
(15-01-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not that the shooter was justified in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER for killing the guy, but I can honestly say I "get it". I've had fantasies about beating people senseless with a tire iron for incessantly talking/texting on the phone while I'm trying to watch the movie that I paid an exorbitant amount to entertain me for a couple hours.

This seems like a pretty unhealthy reaction, man.

Enjoy however much of the movie you can. Afterward, complain politely to management.

Result: free movie!

This, as opposed to:

Result: you've murdered someone and are in prison.

You paid for a movie knowing full well on entering the agreement you'd be watching it in a room filled with other people. Your choice.

I wait for the DVD. Patience rocks.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
15-01-2014, 01:46 PM
(15-01-2014 12:25 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  

This seems like a pretty unhealthy reaction, man.

Enjoy however much of the movie you can. Afterward, complain politely to management.

Result: free movie!

This, as opposed to:

Result: you've murdered someone and are in prison.

You paid for a movie knowing full well on entering the agreement you'd be watching it in a room filled with other people. Your choice.

I wait for the DVD. Patience rocks.

He did complain to management. That pissed poor Mr. Texter off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I think everyone is missing the most obvious piece of information that was not included in the article.

That is... which movie they were about to watch. My money is on Lone Survivor.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]