Poll: Are you excited for a Deadpool movie?
I'm hyped!
It sounds dumb
No opinion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Deadpool movie finally gets a green light, set for 2016 release.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Deadpool movie finally gets a green light, set for 2016 release.
The time has finally come, the Merc with a Mouth will get his own full length feature film. Though no casting has been decided, chances are Ryan Reynolds will be playing Deadpool. I am so hyped for this, Deadpool is one of my favorite Marvel Characters. Anyone who has seen the "leaked" test footage will know how awesome this movie could be.

More Info

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: Deadpool movie finally gets a green light, set for 2016 release.
Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
18-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I don't understand why there's suddenly hype... especially if it's still Ryan Reynolds. What they had done with him in the first wolverine movie was despicable. I have no reason to think they're going to make him significantly better.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-09-2014, 06:12 PM
(18-09-2014 06:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't understand why there's suddenly hype... especially if it's still Ryan Reynolds. What they had done with him in the first wolverine movie was despicable. I have no reason to think they're going to make him significantly better.

Did you see the test footage? This is going to be his own movie, not him making a cameo.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-09-2014, 06:13 PM
The test footage was really good. And the video game is hilarious. I'm excited to see more Deadpool Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
18-09-2014, 06:15 PM
(18-09-2014 06:13 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  The test footage was really good. And the video game is hilarious. I'm excited to see more Deadpool Big Grin

It was! That's what is generating the most hype for this movie, that test footage, also Deadpool is just badass. They need a Deadpool only channel on TV.

18-09-2014, 06:21 PM
If it was a CG movie, it would probably be great. DC does great animated movies they release all the time.

But a CG trailer inspiring hype for a live action rendition doesn't make sense to me. Then again, I also don't like the main crop of super hero movies that have been coming out.

If they did Deadpool to an extreme comic style that was something along the lines of Scott Pilgrim inspired, where the intention was the capture the character of Deadpool in such an unhinged way, I would be hyped.

18-09-2014, 06:35 PM
(18-09-2014 06:21 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  If it was a CG movie, it would probably be great. DC does great animated movies they release all the time.

But a CG trailer inspiring hype for a live action rendition doesn't make sense to me. Then again, I also don't like the main crop of super hero movies that have been coming out.

If they did Deadpool to an extreme comic style that was something along the lines of Scott Pilgrim inspired, where the intention was the capture the character of Deadpool in such an unhinged way, I would be hyped.

I don't recall them saying it was going to be live action so idk where you got that information from. If they use the same people that made the test footage, which they probably will, it'll probably be in the same CG style.

18-09-2014, 07:28 PM
(18-09-2014 06:21 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  If it was a CG movie, it would probably be great. DC does great animated movies they release all the time.

Deadpool is Marvel not DC.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-09-2014, 12:19 AM
(18-09-2014 07:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Deadpool is Marvel not DC.

That's my point, DC does, Marvel doesn't but could do this in that manner if they ever desired.

All indications are that they still plan on making a live action film. The little side article on what they know about the film in the link at the top says they know its still going to be live action based.