Deal with religious parents. Should I tell them?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Deal with religious parents. Should I tell them?
(19-01-2016 05:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 05:39 PM)Rush Wrote:  Oh yes, some time ago I was reading the bible, trying to understand the beliefs of people who wrote it, and this is not the bad part (actually my parents make me read the bible nearly never). The problem is the rituals, the time wasted and it's sad to see what my parents became. But I'll follow your advice, and yes, I will surround myself with another atheists, and TTA go to help, thanks!

It is sad to watch others live their lives for religion, but ultimately, it is their choice. I try and respect people's right to believe what they want as long as they are not hateful or oppressive about it. Everyone gets through life differently. I would just view your parent's new desire for religion as their choice and something that is making them happy. The nice thing about atheism is that you get to carve your own path free from all of that. I would focus on that and let your parents do what they are doing as it is their choice and one they seem happy about.

Yes, I have to let them live their life, even if is a life for religion, and yes, it makes them happy, I only hope we'll can understand our differences and live our life without disturbing each other.

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." Buddha
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rush's post
19-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Oh gosh...
Quote:The Neocatechumenal Way, also known as the Neocatechumenate, NCW or, colloquially, The Way, is an organization within the Catholic Church dedicated to the Christian formation of adults.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
19-01-2016, 06:05 PM
(19-01-2016 05:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Oh gosh...
Quote:The Neocatechumenal Way, also known as the Neocatechumenate, NCW or, colloquially, The Way, is an organization within the Catholic Church dedicated to the Christian formation of adults.

Yes, and it's worse that it sounds.

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." Buddha