Dealing With Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: Dealing With Death
I don't think there is anything wrong Peanut with you talking out loud, it might seem a little strange to you but I see no difference than to thinking these things in your head.

I would guess your just rationalising the situation and also at the same time saying goodbye and coming to terms with it.

I don't think there is any real way to deal with loss other than to look after yourself and everybody around you sharing your grief and to make sure they adjust and carry on.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
18-05-2013, 04:55 PM
I kind of forgot about this thread until this morning. I needed to vent when I wrote it.

But now all the feelings are coming back to me.

I wrote in one of my recent threads that my sister "reminded me" that I "prayed" not long ago. THIS is the moment I was talking about. When I stood at my kitchen sink and just talked to that bastard and I'd start crying. I would then laugh because I thought about how terrified the guy was of spiders.

I NEVER considered it a "prayer." Then again, I can't get upset with her too much; that was her children's father.

I don't think they are "looking down at me." And I don't believe they can hear me. I just have never lost anyone before them. And to lose Jeremy in such a sudden and confusing way and he was the FIRST loved one to pass, just made me freak out. June 15 is coming up real soon.

Jeremy loved Nirvana; He'd sing in the shower at the top of his lungs. (It was awesomely hilarious.) I love Nirvana. Now Nirvana and I have a love/hate relationship. I think of Jeremy every time. Sadcryface

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
18-05-2013, 05:26 PM

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-05-2013, 05:33 PM
(18-05-2013 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Trying to "one-up" me, Girly? Posting the ACTUAL video of the same live performance I posted Consider

Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
18-05-2013, 06:01 PM
(18-05-2013 05:33 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Trying to "one-up" me, Girly? Posting the ACTUAL video of the same live performance I posted Consider

Big Grin

Nah, you know Girly's just got this morbid fascination with watching dead men sing. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Love the Johnny Cash Heart

Also, that "Hallelujah" song was always pretty in my opinion. This guys' rendition gave me goosebumps.

I, too, love listening to dead people sing... Sharing music makes me feel better. Thanks, Girly Blush

EDIT: Damn YouTube thing is making me send the entire video. I wanted only the singing... Stupid. I clicked "start at..." Whatever. *hrumph

[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
18-05-2013, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2013 08:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-05-2013 06:40 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I, too, love listening to dead people sing... Sharing music makes me feel better. Thanks, Girly Blush

Leonard Cohen yet lives, he's still a bit scary even though he's old, frail and skinny. Big Grin

And Love is not some kinda of Victory March, no, it's a cold and it's a very broken Hallelujah. ... And even though it all went wrong I'll stand right here before the Lord of Song with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah! ... Suck my balls, bitches.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Wow guys! You got any more where these came from?

Now I am going to dig around all kinds of music...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-05-2013, 08:03 PM
(18-05-2013 07:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  Wow guys! You got any more where these came from?

Now I am going to dig around all kinds of music...

18-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Sorry for your losses Peanut.

While losing someone is pretty much always a hard thing to deal with, a sudden death really knocks you for a loop. Others have mentioned this.

It sucked when my dad died though we were expecting it and had just spent several days with him. We knew it was coming and in some ways were prepared, but the call still sucked when it came. However, I knew he was no longer suffering and he was ready for death.

When my first husband died, it undid my world. Though I had thought for a long time that he would end up in a bad wreck, hurting himself or others due to his addictions...when it actually happened I was not prepared. I went through the actual time around his death like on automatic. A couple years later found me at this grave screaming at him for leaving me with two kids that I had to explain things to. After a while I would 'talk' to him now and then.

We all deal with death in different ways and a lot depends on the relationship we had with the person and the circumstances around the death.

With dad, I said pretty much everything I wanted to in his last days. I didn't get that chance with Boone...it had to come out.

HUGS to you Peanut.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy