Dealing with a loss is hard. (internet families)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Dealing with a loss is hard. (internet families)
It really is. I've lost a few people close to me in my lifetime, but never a parent (or both). Even though I haven't been on the forums for as long as a lot of you (Stark, Zatamon, HoC, Hugs, Erxomai, FSM_Scot, Peterkin, Kineo, kim, defacto, kingschosen, Buddy Christ, Hamata, Ludacris, and many more of you that I see often on the forums and admire for several reasons-- even if you are trolls. [: ) I feel like this forum website, with its debates and fun arguments, kind of bonds us into a fictitious little family. And as a family, we should all stand by The_observer, because things for him are... unbearable to even try to understand at the moment. :c
Internet shoulders of comfort, unite.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like itsFerdinand's post
02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
RE: Dealing with a loss is hard. (internet families)
Huzzah!

Internet communities can create a family like atmosphere and a sense of comfort. I, for one, am glad to be a part of it.

Although, I do believe you've been here longer than me Smile

I've only been here for 9 days.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Proof that itsFerdinand is posing as a teenage girl when really she is a 30- or 40-something year old, sensitive, mature, compassionate, and rallying person of adult-like qualities.
That...or she just really rocks balls to the wall in a super awesome way. Cool

I agree, that this has become a bit of a family for me. Definitely a community I feel safe to be myself with, and if we can rally around a hurting member, well that's better than any church can do with it's prayers and messages to the hurting to go and be warm and well-fed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
03-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Due to the odd hours I work, this is often the only contact I have with anyone other than my wife or daughter aside from the brief shift swap.
And I’m pretty anti social…
But we all need someone to talk to, and often those who we know we will probably never meet can often help as there is a layer of anonymity.

What a strange time we live in, where I say so few words to my neighbour and yet will discuss so much through the ether with those I share often only one common bond with?

Will this social interaction where faceless strangers group together with no obstructions of time or distance one day be the standard?
Or has that already happened?
A new and improved digital family?
But marketed to the masses with such things as facebook?

But I digress…

I have spent some time on a couch as events conspired to overwhelm me.
It is hard, and sometimes I look back on a truly horrible time and view it as a strengthening of the persona that is me.

Nothing lasts forever, it will get bad, it may even get worse.
But nothing is forever and this time, like all things, will pass.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post